Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Palatine Skin Iron Skin Color Not Reflected In Game

Trickst3rGawd

nx4R84p.jpg

That is how it is meant to look on all platforms, likely a Hotfix coming to address this once we sort it out.

Hmm, I presume this has to do with Iron Skin on Rhino Prime with Palatine being the normal golden Iron Skin from normal Rhino Prime? I was hoping putting a skin on him would get rid of that golden mess, never liked it, which is why I stuck with the normal Rhino so far.

Hmm, I presume this has to do with Iron Skin on Rhino Prime with Palatine being the normal golden Iron Skin from normal Rhino Prime? I was hoping putting a skin on him would get rid of that golden mess, never liked it, which is why I stuck with the normal Rhino so far.

No, the problem with the Iron skin not applying the custom pattern happens also with both normal Rhino and Rhino prime, i just used Rhino prime, because the golden colour pattern is more visible than the grey pattern of normal Rhino

Edited by Godmur

there was a Rhino FIX. not impressed at all. Anyway I didn't play Rhino before (and I'm rank 20) so it didn't matter to me (Iron Skin appearance) but now I'd like to play now cos i purchased my new skin for him. 

Iron skin appearance looks RUBISH with skin or without. Obviously DEVs lacks  on ideas on this 1. Please remove the effect fully or apply Transparent Shiny Gloss on top of his body or some energy going through.

Edited by G0DLIKE_99KINGZ

According to the text of the Hotfix :

"Fixed a visual error causing Rhino’s Iron Skin to turn black in some tilesets when using the Palatine Deluxe Skin."

For me it stills turns black on every tileset, In devstream it looked liked it could be recoloured, hotfix seems to confirm that. So, not completely fixed yet I guess? 

XHxslOO.jpg

O3nAlDw.jpg

(Don't mind the ugly colours please ^^ what wouldn't I do for science...)

the was a Rhino FIX. not impressed at all. Anyway I didnt play Rhino before and I'm rank 20 so it didn't matter to me his Iron Skin appearance but now I'd like to play how cos i purchase my new skin for him. 

Iron skin appearance looks RUBISH on with skin or without. It obviously DEVs lacks of ideas on this 1. Please remove the effect  fully or apply Transparent Shiny Gloss on top of his body or some energy going through.

I beg your pardon ?

Edited by lukaself

ye bro sorry for the spellings, it's been corrected

Much better thanks !

As for myself, I'm waiting for the actual final product to give my opinion. Having watched the devstream, it was obvious something  was wrong. That black pixelated tar have nothing in common with what was showed then  ^^

Edited by lukaself

Players claim it looks okay on consoles...so that definitely sounds like a pc related bug that will get fixed.

Some people report it being black, some purple, and some gray... supported by screenshots. That's some weird stuff going on there ! Oo'

Edited by lukaself

Settle in, because that isnt going to change.

You won't make me believe any member of the Art Team would release something this broken willingly.

From this (which looks really good but has already a number of issues)

2i3wTvQ.jpg

To this (Added mustache for much needed comic relief)

2A6x01S.jpg

I expect a hotfix sometime next week. Looks like the U18 crunch is taking its toll though.

Edited by lukaself

• 1 month later...

nx4R84p.jpg

That is how it is meant to look on all platforms, likely a Hotfix coming to address this once we sort it out.

Hello,

I just bought this skin today on the shop (not the pack) and... when i activate my IronSkin with Palatine armor ON it actually still not look like that. It almost looks invisible, it do not cover all my armor and it just not feel like an actual feerite armor is covering me. So my question is, (im on pc) does i have an option in video settings to set it on ? Is it still a bug ?

Hello,

I just bought this skin today on the shop (not the pack) and... when i activate my IronSkin with Palatine armor ON it actually still not look like that. It almost looks invisible, it do not cover all my armor and it just not feel like an actual feerite armor is covering me. So my question is, (im on pc) does i have an option in video settings to set it on ? Is it still a bug ?

They changed Iron Skin on the (heh) Skin. It now copies the color options in a cool new PBR way. This was done due player feedback on Iron Skin. This is how Iron Skin looks now (default colors):

• 2 weeks later...

They changed Iron Skin on the (heh) Skin. It now copies the color options in a cool new PBR way. This was done due player feedback on Iron Skin. This is how Iron Skin looks now (default colors):

Show me where they state it was intentional, please. It's a visual bug, not a feature. Normal Rhino's Iron Skin was affected in a very similar way at the same update, as neither texture shows up. 

Dudes, the way it works now is the intended way. Even the materials become different. The screenie you provided,Nulak, is the way it was when the skin got released but peoe complained they couldn't see their customized colors and sigils, so they updated to what it is now.

Once again, show me where the devs stated this explicitly. I can't find them saying that, anywhere. 

Once again, show me where the devs stated this explicitly. I can't find them saying that, anywhere. 

It's not a direct confirmation, but Vaen, who does work on the FX of the game, talks about the new Iron Skin as the New Effect, so it's pretty much acknowledged. Otherwise you can PM Rebecca herself if you want to ask for further confirmation.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/580418-lighting-and-palatine-iron-skin-time-for-lighting-20/#entry6573903