Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gifting The New Steam Items

SpicyDinosaur

Question

So I wanted to gift the roto syandana to my boyfriend, but I already have it purchased for me. I don't seem to have it as an item on steam, like with other things I've purchased directly with steam cash, and I can't gift it through the arsenal if I go through appearance, and I can't find the syandana on the market.

I'm out of ideas. The last update implied people can gift it. How?

9 answers to this question

it sounds like you are buying stuff from the ingame market which has nothing to do with steam and therefore cannot be gifted from steam. In order to gift from the ingame market try the following.

Enter the ingame market, then
1. Choose an item you want to gift.
2. Select the new ‘Gift’ beside the Purchase button.
3. Choose a recipient from Friends/Clan/Recents lists (or enter an Alias in the box).
4. You can enter a short message to accompany the gift or leave it blank.
5. After confirmation and successful delivery the appropriate Platinum will be deducted.

Edited by Volrishan

okay, I did cover this in my first post. But I'll clarify.

I do know how to gift things in general.

These items are new and have to be bought with steam cash, but seem to be purchasable only from inside the game.

If you want to see one, go into appearance for a warframe and check syandanas, the roto one is one of these. It costs $5.99. Buying it will open a webpage if you are on steam, and you can buy steam cash with which to purchase the item. They are very nice and maybe you'll want them, there are two liset skins, an excalibur, volt, and mag skin, and a syandana. Enjoy~

These items do not exist within my steam inventory where I can trade them via Steam. Nor can they be purchased or gifted via the Warframe in game marketplace. I've looked for them there, they are not present.

Apparently, per the most recent update notes, however, they can in fact be gifted. I assume someone knows how, since it was bugged and people were losing money attempting to do it (it is now fixed.) So was hoping someone here was aware of how it was done.

:D

I believe you have only one path available to you.  Have your Boyfriend list some worthless Steam card for $5.99, then buy his card.  Unfortunately, this will require him to buy the roto with his warframe account, but it is theoretically possible to login to his steam if you have his credentials, complete the transaction, then log into his Warframe account to make the purchase.

It's an underhanded sneaky way to get the gift and make it a surprise, but I don't think there is any other way.

Best of luck.

okay, I did cover this in my first post. But I'll clarify.

I do know how to gift things in general.

These items are new and have to be bought with steam cash, but seem to be purchasable only from inside the game.

If you want to see one, go into appearance for a warframe and check syandanas, the roto one is one of these. It costs $5.99. Buying it will open a webpage if you are on steam, and you can buy steam cash with which to purchase the item. They are very nice and maybe you'll want them, there are two liset skins, an excalibur, volt, and mag skin, and a syandana. Enjoy~

These items do not exist within my steam inventory where I can trade them via Steam. Nor can they be purchased or gifted via the Warframe in game marketplace. I've looked for them there, they are not present.

Apparently, per the most recent update notes, however, they can in fact be gifted. I assume someone knows how, since it was bugged and people were losing money attempting to do it (it is now fixed.) So was hoping someone here was aware of how it was done.

:D

Gifting in general - go to market, find what you want to gift there, click it and then click gift. It's right under the buy option.

Gifting tennogen items - currently not possible as far as I know.

Tennogen is in the market, just look at the top bar where all the categories like Never mind, I just took a look at the market and they seem to be gone from there.

Tennogen is in the market, just look at the top bar where all the categories like Never mind, I just took a look at the market and they seem to be gone from there.

Still there for me; click the Steam icon in the categories bar.

ZOOWxb0.jpg

Anyhow, OP, EvilKam suggests the only way 'gifting' this is currently possible, and it costs you a couple % extra for Steam's cut of the sale to your friend. It's not a simple process but it will work; honestly tho if you know them IRL it's easier to just hand them cash.