The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Farming - Which Frame, Which Build

Atham

Question

Hello guys,

It is me again. Sorry for spamming the forums, but I would like to know how to get into void farming. I do have some keys of various Ts and I do want to get some of those mods.

But I am a bit confused as to what to focus when building weapons (weapons themselves and mods) and which warframes to use. I am not sure what is considered "meta", but I do want to become part of the "meta."

Thanks and have a nice day,

Atham

17 answers to this question

Depends on your play-style and which weapons you prefer and if you want to do it solo or not, for the most part you can run mostly anything up to T3 you only really need to worry about going for the meta builds if you are doing a 40min survival or a high wave defence

for solo runs I go for a link trinity, a maxed efficiency Valkyr (for hysteria), I also find it useful to use ancient healer specter to keep you topped up

for team runs ill just bring a chaos nyx or a nova

But in the end just run whatever you find fun because anything with the right mods can be effective

Choose weapons with a high base status or crit chance and mod for one of those but not both on the same weapon. Find out what elements your enemies are vulnerable to and put those on.

Start with the T1 exterminates to get the hang of how the corrupted behave and learn the tileset in relative safety.

Any frame can be used with a build that compliments it's strengths, even if it opens up existing weaknesses wider. It's easier to compensate for a deficiency in one area than it is to be just mediocre in all of them.

After you get the hang of more difficult content, then you can start experimenting with what suits you better and comes more naturally to you.

Edited by FLSH_BNG

I really do like playing ember. My main frame actually. I will do all the T1 keys I have. I do have a crit soma with one forma in it (no elemental) and a vasto that I use. I am just really behind on what are good mods, since I barely have any of the orokin mods.

Hello guys,

It is me again. Sorry for spamming the forums, but I would like to know how to get into void farming. I do have some keys of various Ts and I do want to get some of those mods.

But I am a bit confused as to what to focus when building weapons (weapons themselves and mods) and which warframes to use. I am not sure what is considered "meta", but I do want to become part of the "meta."

Atham

I recommend a Valkyrie rage build for max survivability with a high damage out put.

Hello guys,

Atham

As far as the frame, it all depends on what you like playing as. But for weapons, you will want a corrosive build (electric/toxic). I know some people go with corrosive and cold for their setups and others go with corrosive and fire. I fall in the latter camp.

Out of curiosity, which frames do you have now? That might help everyone here give you better suggestions.

Well. The first thing you should do is:

1. Check what keys you have:

A. Defence

= like notmal crypod defence jsut stay there and def

B. Survival

= run around and kill to get more oxygen LOL

C. Intercept

t2 and above

D. Sabotage

= hunt for special crates.

and

kill boss xd

E. Mobile defence is carry disk insert computer and def

F. Exterminate = just kill all of em

Things you need to know:

1. t1 keys need at least full serration and 1 full elemnt lvl

to kill lvl 11 to 20 bad guys

2. T2 keys need at least 1 serration and dual element

3. t3 keys need 1 serration 4 elemnt = 1 potato

4. t4 keys need 1 serration 4 element and multi shot = 2 potatoes

so if dont have those mods dont bother. Unless ytour warframe is fully slot.

if you want to run solo, I'd recommend something personal-tanky yet with decent damage: Mesa (her shatter shield makes 95% of all bullets bounce off you back to attackers), blessing/link Trinity (basically negates all damage).

Going as Ember is fine as well, up to (and including) T3. But make sure you've got max range (stretch+overextended) to kill enemies before they reach you - Ember is very squishy.

Edited by maumastoks

Frames:

Ember (potato)

Rhino (potato)

Loki (potato)

Vauban (naked)

Volt (naked)

Frost prime (naked)

Nova(building)

Valkyr (building)

Weapons:

Soma (potato + 1 forma)

Torid (potato 1 forma)

Ogris (potato)

Boltor (potato)

Dread (potato)

Stun Wraith (potato)

Hek (naked)

Kunai (potato) => don't have the pathogen rounds

Hikou (naked)

Vasto (potato)

Orthos (potato)

Machete wraith (potato)

I also do lack any of the orokin vault mods, which is something I do want to get into as well. Although the dragon keys and how that works eludes me a bit.

EDIT: We all need keys for the derelict within a squad, right?

Edited by Atham

All the frames and weapons are viable for most of the Void farming people do most of the time (which usually doesn't go much above 40 mins/40 waves, and is usually 20 mins/20 waves.

So basically I wouldn't worry about it - play what you enjoy using and concentrate on getting the right MODS and RANKING THEM UP. That's really the "secret" to endgame - having a potato, maybe a few forma, the right mods for a good build, to the right rank.

It's handy to have a "requested" frame (e.g. if you have a Frost and a Trinity on your roster, and have good mods in them and know how to use the frames, you're good for an invitation to just about any content if you really need an invitation - but most of the stuff people do at endgame, they aren't that fussy with what they team - frames or weapons - but rather with whom they team (good, reliable players).

It's only when you're between 40/40 and hour-long missions and beyond, that "top tier" weapons and scaling frames really matter, and even then, "top tier" stuff is only marginally better than lower tier stuff, given comparable forma, mods, etc.

If you've got a Ember you can use a pretty nce build that doesn't require too many r10 mods or super rare stuff, which is my main Ember build.

If you run with Steel Charge it also requires only a potato and no forma.

- Aura: Steel Charge

Streamline max

Fleeting Expertise max

Intensify OR Transient Fortitude

Constitution

Overextended max

Vitality

Rage

Firequake

I run a Radiation/Viral Ignis status build (you can make a half decent one without formas) and a Corrosive/Fire melee with fast attack speed for ground finishers.

Just keep up World on Fire all the time and use Accelerant for a bit of damage boosting and to stun mobs when things get hairy.

I was stupid with the forma and forma'd the aura slot (I know, it was stupid) to get an energy siphon in there.

The main problem I have is that I don't have the orokin vault mods, which I do want to farm up. Any strats for that? Like what to look for. Does it matter which tier vault you go into?

If you've got a Ember you can use a pretty nce build that doesn't require too many r10 mods or super rare stuff, which is my main Ember build.

If you run with Steel Charge it also requires only a potato and no forma.

- Aura: Steel Charge

Streamline max

Fleeting Expertise max

Intensify OR Transient Fortitude

Constitution

Overextended max

Vitality

Rage

Firequake

I run a Radiation/Viral Ignis status build (you can make a half decent one without formas) and a Corrosive/Fire melee with fast attack speed for ground finishers.

Just keep up World on Fire all the time and use Accelerant for a bit of damage boosting and to stun mobs when things get hairy.

Nvm checked it.

Edited by Thebel

Nope. I'll edit in the math but you need the full 90% efficiency.

The build has between 40.5% and 68% duration (with or without TF). Now, two notions:
- The efficiency cap acts on the FINAL cost and not on efficiency itself. It's mosleading to call it an efficiency cap, it's actually a cost cap,set at 25% of the base cost.
- Efficiency and duration act in different ways on the formula.

The formula itself is:
Drain = base drain*(1-efficiency bonus)/(1+duration bonus)

With a 75% efficiency bonus, you need 100% duration to achieve the cost cap. That's because:
- base drain*0.25/(1+x), for the result to be 0.25 1+x=1, so x=0, or 100% duration.

With a 90% efficiency bonus, you need 40% duration to achieve the cost cap. That's because:
- base drain*0.1/(1+x), for the result to be 0.25 1+x=0.4, so x=-60, or 40% duration. That's because 0.1/0.4=0.1*2.5=0.25

Btw, i realised you checked it out, i'll leave this here because it's still nice info to have :)

I was stupid with the forma and forma'd the aura slot (I know, it was stupid) to get an energy siphon in there.

The main problem I have is that I don't have the orokin vault mods, which I do want to farm up. Any strats for that? Like what to look for. Does it matter which tier vault you go into?

Not stupid at all. You just want to get a Corrosive Projection asap and use that instead, since when running with World on Fire up Energy Siphon doesn't work :)

About Vault mods, missions do not matter at all. The only thing i'd suggest would be to get a group of 4 players with all the Dragon keys equipped to open the vault assuredly. If you have less than the 4 keys you always have that chance of the Vault requiring the key(s) you don't have to open :)

Ask in recruiting and you should be fine. OR send me a PM/friend request in-game and we can do it together, since i'm probably gonna start farming doubles of the vault mods for fine-tuning some builds :)

Edited by Autongnosis

I sent you a friend request Autongnosis. I will try getting some of my clan mates to help out. It consists of mainly new players so it should be beneficial to them as well. Plus I want to farm Nekros. Apparently he is *the* farming frame to get. Seems like fun, I always liked his design and concept.