Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

One Important Question About 'sniper Buff'

Monolake

I sincerely doubt it. DE doesn't seem to want to talk about Nullifers at all.

Whats a Nullifier? Oh Trinity is too strong better nerf her....

Anyway. I also doubt that the shields will be penetrable by anything so snipers will still be pointless against nullifier so sniper users will have to bring a secondary that can rip through them or wait for the team to chew through the shields.

And if Snipers could penetrate the shields then no doubt people will cry about how OP they are and they need to be nerfed because the Tonkor or Boltor prime can't do the same thing.

Personally i think snipers should be able to do igh damage and have enough penetration to just get through shields and heavily armored targets making them effective for strong single targets but not good against squishes. More so because of the ammo count.

Edited by TheSIlent1

Why would the sniper buff penetrate nullifiers? It could be a cool thing for only snipers would have but I doubt it. Just because it can't doesn't mean they are useless. I mean you jump to conclusions quick calling them useless. No one having even tried the sniper rework. It could be fun.

Ok let me explain, Because snipers are slow weapons that can't deal with hordes by definition - they are meant to kill high priority targets, and Nullifiers are the top priority enemies. Damage gating on the sphere renders snipers pretty useless, and everyone choses  explosive or auto-rifles for the void/corpus - as they are good vs hordes and Nullifiers too.

Ok let me explain, Because snipers are slow weapons that can't deal with hordes by definition - they are meant to kill high priority targets, and Nullifiers are the top priority enemies. Damage gating on the sphere renders snipers pretty useless, and everyone choses  explosive or auto-rifles for the void/corpus - as they are good vs hordes and Nullifiers too.

That's why you have a secondary. Problem solved

They may get a bandaid mod that gives them AOE when hitting a surface, similar to Opticor.  That's my guess, and it would allow them to deal with Nullifiers.

Patchnotes have been datamined. There are no bandaid mods or any mods at all and all sniper changes have been shown in devstreams. BTW snipers have been revisited not reworked.