Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp] Shiny Surfaces And High Specularity Are Very Distracting

Pate8

Having played PvE with the local reflections turned off, and turning them back on recently... it's very difficult to see players on the Cephalon PvP map with all the reflections.

While we're on the same topic, depth of field, motion blur, bloom are all very distracting. It's easier to spot and shoot players with all settings turned down because their bodies appear more sharply against the background environment.

I think we need to tune these settings down for PvP.

Having played PvE with the local reflections turned off, and turning them back on recently... it's very difficult to see players on the Cephalon PvP map with all the reflections.

While we're on the same topic, depth of field, motion blur, bloom are all very distracting. It's easier to spot and shoot players with all settings turned down because their bodies appear more sharply against the background environment.

I think we need to tune these settings down for PvP.

As a low-end notebook owner I just can state that 'awsum' settings are distractable. I mean I tried to play on PC with a huge screen and max graph settings. Blasted really quick.

You already solved that problem by tuning down settings.

The only tweak I can suggest is making a presets for player's convenience.

yeah like wth are DE thinking trying to make this game look shiny and chrome? it's not like they added configuration options so we can enable or disable effects. i think they should at least have automatic eye candy calibration based on user mood. that seems reasonable

Not only on Cephalon maps. An example is the rework of the old europa conclave. If you are in the mid and look to the roof you'll be blind 4evouarrr...

Yes, this.

Not much more you can do if you have turned the setting off.

Turning off the eye candy definitely helps. It also gives me a competitive edge.

As a low-end notebook owner I just can state that 'awsum' settings are distractable. I mean I tried to play on PC with a huge screen and max graph settings. Blasted really quick.

You already solved that problem by tuning down settings.

The only tweak I can suggest is making a presets for player's convenience.

Does Nvidia support presets per game? Warframe doesn't have in-game graphics presets (outside of the typical sliders).

Edited by Pate8

Most of the settings in warframe are not more intensive or better looking, they're mostly up to opinion. The difference between high all on and low all off is minimal FPS-wise, but there's a very distinct difference between fancy and plain. If you prefer not to have distracting options, turn them off. If you like eye candy and are playing casual against hordes of braindead enemies, no reason not to have them on other than preference.

If you prefer not to have distracting options, turn them off. If you like eye candy and are playing casual against hordes of braindead enemies, no reason not to have them on other than preference.

This is a PvP thread by the way.

And yes, I now turn off all eye candy for PvP.

This is a PvP thread by the way.

And yes, I now turn off all eye candy for PvP.

I'm well aware of where this is, however this thread really has very little to do with pvp. That and I was poking fun at casual pve-only players.

Edited by PhaseShifted