The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Super Spoiler] The Ultimate Reveal Admission

Eldnacpeek

Damn, just having the story hitting me and understanding what is going on was so awesome.

We're child soldiers, our mind has matured while our body was kept in stasis and still is young. We have blinded Margulis, yet she continued to care for us up until her death. The shape Natah has assumed, with the covered eyes and all, that's most likely to be the visage of Margulis. She turned helself into the mother of the Tenno.

Gawdangit DE, stop. I'm supposed to be the guy who complains about stuff, yet here I am fanboying it up.

Yeah thats nice and all if you want to play some gender ambiguous child, but you know, I'd rather be an adult akin to the likes of Teshin and doing the fighting my self, not my Pokemon, not this baby hipster Avatar angle. I don't recall many comments of dastardliness in regard to Teshin either, he's generally portrayed and seen as a noble warrior.

I wonder if this is just DE dev's inside joke on how they perceive their playerbase. Frail, emasculate twerps, who spend all day in the basement sitting down and playing with their Warframes.

Amazing joke, couldn't have delivered it better less the update was released on April Fools.

Naw, Im right there with you as an adult player. Honestly, I would have had way more feels if the operator was like a chimp or a little dog that thought it was people. 

I was just trying to rationalize the design decision because this is NOT my creation, NOT my art, and NOT my message. Judging it is honestly kinda pointless because it was defiantly worth revealing and players were waiting for it.

The plot hole that is kicking me right now is that they were asleep for 1000+ years or something (maybe not) and are not aging... and now we age (?). Oh and that stalker can get in the ship any time and kill the operator if he feels like it. 

So I am assuming that this kid has 1000+ years of mental experience and tons of hours of war time... so It not really a child. Yes customizing the kid... initially was a kick where it counts. I had to let it saturate because I was in the camp of "I hope they are messed up alien things and the Lotus is a delusion"... you know, a great tragity. 

I knew they were not humans in a suit (cause of the Valk arc, Frost's head, and the "living metal" references)... in videogames you cannot go wrong with the super suit, but its been done to death and if you want to do it in a interesting way you have to take a less traveled route. As far as them being frail... far from it. Your shooting laser beams out of your hands at sentients. The frame just focuses your power... which says alot about the operator. Plus... they have been sitting in the chair for tons of years, a plot devices that could easily be used it muscle attrophe.

Now viewing and critiquing this as an artist... Im critique the quality of the composition and weather it has a readable message, NOT the message itself. Critiquing the message itself is an indication of a fundamentalism. To me it was clear: You are the player and the Lotus is the game master; save the world. There was nothing obscure about it.

But did it make me cry? No. Space monkey would have made me cry. 

If you paid attention, there were dialogue options (and even a focus school) a bit more "in your face and angry" than everything else.

It's fine though, I get it, you don't like it.

However even in sarcastic terms, I find "magic underage space puppet controllers" more interesting than "space merc #54213753"

---

Watch Surrogates (the movie).

It's pretty much the same thing, and when you remember Orokin had a flair for perfection and dramatic, you'll start to understand the point of "voluptuous lady lumps"

I don't like bad plot devices. I watched Surrogates, it was also dumb, but it had the excuse of making it generally a luxury device, basically an expansion of sex dolls and VR entertainment, they also looked like regular people, not beings in shaped armor. In this game, these are war golems, they have no need for shapely boobs and butts, and "shaped a frame around them" makes even less sense.

Edited by UrielColtan

I don't like bad plot devices. I watched Surrogates, it was also dumb, but it had the excuse of making it generally a luxury device, basically an expansion of sex dolls and VR entertainment, they also looked like regular people, not beings in shaped armor. In this game, these are war golems, they have no need for shapely boobs and butts, and "shaped a frame around them" makes even less sense.

You seem to have completely missed the part where I mention the orokin.

Oh, and "shaped a frame around them" could be a figure of speech... in propaganda "archives" made by orokin to hide what Warframes really are.

Yes, Excalibur lore entry is from the orokin archives.

Edited by Shifted

You seem to have completely missed the part where I mention the orokin.

Oh, and "shaped a frame around them" could be a figure of speech.

No, I saw it, its just not a good or relevant point here. Its merely an embellished one. And Orokin looked to be more about self perfection, not living vicariously through dolls, which is why they bled in the entries about them.

And some figure of speech, more like arbitrarily shaped frames. The frames might as well have all looked the same, like the grineer, for all it mattered.

Rated M, for prepubescent Transference.

SMH.

Edited by UrielColtan