Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ivara Farming

Stalefos

Question

Hey guys, I've been doing the high end stuff and managed to get the helmet BP from Lex, Ceres, since then for a change i've been doing Oceanum, Pluto On Nightmare mode and haven't seen anything. Anyone know if nightmare makes a difference or if i can only get it via normal mode?

Such a pessimist MrJxt.

When did you trip the 3rd alarm? At the final console failing the hack internationally and then hack again? Did you reset the alarm afterwards? Please let us know the exact sequence of how you did it!

I just made sure to trip an alarm at any time in the last vault© then made sure I still hacked the vault successfully. I didn't worry about resetting the alarm after.

Systems=1-15

Chassis=1-25

Helmet=25<

BP=Random

From what I heard all successful and undetected vault is 2% drop of parts and all 3 undetected is 6%

so from my experience u have to do at least 17 runs for each part before it starts to be clear rng hates u

Hope this helps

Yes it does, thank you!

Sorry to hear that :( What part did you go for? It didn't work for me on the Systems. I've done approximately 25 runs now for 3 BPs, 2 Helmets, 2 Chassis and 2 Systems.

Chassis.  It's because Random Number Generators are not truly random and humans are very good at spotting patterns when there are none.

the best way to run Spy missions just after the vault rewards are speed runs.

perma invis Loki. rush + speed drift + mobilize. ciphers. equip shade sentinel if u like, but i equip Helios with Animal Instinct and i unequip its weapon so it cannot shoot anything but still scan.

do not kill any enemy. killing slows u down. disarm any traps in the vault if u like but it is unnecessary. use ciphers.

a run should take u 5 - 6mins. rinse and repeat.

3 lokis as above, each choosing a vault will be faster.

only way to improve RNG is to roll the dice as many times as possible as fast as possible.

In general, there is a 50/50 chance ( may lead (mostly bad luck ) ) , but maybe not . I did not fall things. ( And yes let this mission will be a nightmare ) pieces will fall from the same chances as a normal mission.

Edited by lomalo81

Ivara is annoying to get. Especially since the rule of tiers for pieces is thrown out the window on faction missions. I got the systems out a high rank faction mission from corpus.

I do wonder if the chances are the same for corpus vs grineer. Grineer are way easier than corpus to hack and get by. No nullies either. So it's the fastest to speed run.

I have BP and Systems. :( I'm leveling weapons as I hack for the helm. When that is done, it's going to be a motivation issue to get the chassis.

Ivara is annoying to get. Especially since the rule of tiers for pieces is thrown out the window on faction missions. I got the systems out a high rank faction mission from corpus.

I do wonder if the chances are the same for corpus vs grineer. Grineer are way easier than corpus to hack and get by. No nullies either. So it's the fastest to speed run.

I have BP and Systems. :( I'm leveling weapons as I hack for the helm. When that is done, it's going to be a motivation issue to get the chassis.

I also got the systems from a high rank syndicate mission.  The parts drop from the location, not the level of the enemies, it seems.

Also, like you, I was leveling up weapons during my runs.  I got the systems pretty quick, got the helmet on my first high level run and haven't really gone for the BP yet.  Chassis....yeah, let's not talk about that.

I also got the systems from a high rank syndicate mission.  The parts drop from the location, not the level of the enemies, it seems.

Also, like you, I was leveling up weapons during my runs.  I got the systems pretty quick, got the helmet on my first high level run and haven't really gone for the BP yet.  Chassis....yeah, let's not talk about that.

Huh, I always thought the helm was rarer. But my clanmate got the helm before the BP. He's missing the lower ones, which makes motivation low, as he was leveling weapons too. Lol If anything, farming for Ivara is good for MR fodder.

have not received the main BP up to this time. I got about 3 or 4 helmets from Cyath on Eris, one from Sao on Neptune. Those two total to about 45 runs together. just started running oceanum on pluto to try my luck there for the main bp. i got the systems when i accidentally ran a spy mission on earth. =\ 

have not tried for the chassis yet. i hate grineer vaults. tried zilchy's method only once. gonna do it a few times and see what happens.

honestly i dont understand why they gave her parts such heavy rng. she's not even a prime frame. just a regular frame.

Edited by kalikilic

correction to my previous post. it was 4 helmets from cyath. 2 helmets from sao. just ran oceanum. i was detected while retrieving all three data sources or w/e. mission turned into an exterminate because of that. two bursas showed up. killed everything. extracted. got my 7th ivara helmet.

=|

On 12/13/2015 at 3:42 AM, Zilchy said:

Take this with a grain of salt but perhaps try it if you're going mad trying to get it all and wiling to try anything. I got all 4 pieces in 8 runs, only Systems was stubborn. I went after the high level stuff first(BP and Helmet) on Oceanum, Pluto and I was a bit clumsy and tripped an alarm on the final vault but still succeeded. BAM, Helmet straight away on that run. Out of RNG superstition I decided to try tripping the alarm on the 3rd vault again, BAM! BP drops. I then went to Shklovsky, Phobos to try for the Chassis, tripped an alarm on the 3rd and yet again, I got the Chassis first attempt. Now admittedly it took a few attempts on Vesper, Venus to drop the Systems but I figured nobody can be that lucky, so I tried again on Oceanum. Sure enough I got the Helmet and BP straight away again by tripping the 3rd alarm but still completing it. Is this a glitch? The odds of this kind of luck seem incredibly far-fetched given how hard it's been for many others. Give it a try, I was using a Loki, Dread and not being detected the entire time until the 3rd vault where I purposefully set one off. Hopefully it works for you all too.

Method confirmed.

Needed helmet and BP, did Oceanum, Pluto

3 runs

1st run- set off alarm only @ Vault C, recovered data, got BP

2nd run- perfect, no alarms, no parts

3rd run- set off alarm only at Vault C, successful data grab, got helmet at extraction.

Try it for yourselves

11 hours ago, GothKazu-EN- said:

Method confirmed.

Needed helmet and BP, did Oceanum, Pluto

3 runs

1st run- set off alarm only @ Vault C, recovered data, got BP

2nd run- perfect, no alarms, no parts

3rd run- set off alarm only at Vault C, successful data grab, got helmet at extraction.

Try it for yourselves

did 10 runs just now at the same place.

needed the main BP

1st run executed the method perfect as zilchy described. set off alarm only at the last data vault then retrieved it. got my 9th helmet.

went on to do 5 more runs following the method exactly. no parts at all.

did 4 runs other runs in different ways (perfect run, set off first two, set off last two etc (x 2)) no parts.

so i cant confirm zilchy's method as being sound since i have not been able to reproduce the results consistently.

my bigger question is who thought that this type of farming for a normal frame was a good idea at DE? between sao, cyath and oceanum i'm close to 100 runs total and i cant get the main bp yet. i've leveled up a rhino prime from 22 to 30, an ignis from 21 to 30, a sonicor from 0 to 30, a ninkondi from 0 to 30, a spira from 0 to 30, a cerata from 0 to 30 and soon it'll be a war and a talons from 0 to 30 each (both currently on 29).

I have done 3 perfect runs today (as of this post) on the corpus 1-15 spy missions (Venus and Mars) and All I have gotten in total were level 1 keys, 3 rare mods (2 were Metal Auger), 2 uncommon mods, and 1 common mod

Edit: Got it on the 5th run. Also, I'm upset with my Europa run because of the door near the A vault opening right when the camera was pointing at it. I quickly hack the data vault but get shredded by moas while hacking. I rage quit that one (funny thing is I'm not even using a stealth frame)

Edited by Hayabusa97

so i gave up on oceanum. seemed like a dead end. went to Hapke on Ceres in search of the main BP for ivara. In 6 runs i got two helmets and 1 main BP. was so relieved. but the nightmare i felt, was quite over. I needed the chassis. Went to aegaeon on Saturn. Did 5 runs. got nothing. went to Armaros on Europa. Did 5 runs and got the chassis on the 5th run. my advice is to switch the places up and dont farm in one place for too long. it is totally random. and farming one spot for too long will stress you out alot, like it did me.

i now have 12 helmets. joy. =|

Edited by kalikilic

So earlier this week, I was doing my normal low level Corpus Spy missions just to get keys for the Void (which I then, would go do all the missions and collect either more keys, get prime parts for the stuff I want or sell the stuff I don't need for crap loads of ducats) when after I did a 4th run, I got a Ivara System. I thought that was interesting and since this is another Warframe I'd like to have, I figured I find all the missions to get the parts. RIght now, I'm struggling with Grildrig on the Phobos for the chassis and I don't have a lot of locations unlocked (Most of which were listed) so I can only do what is already unlocked but after doing six runs in a row, I still don't have the chassis. I'm just dreading what I have to do for the Helmet and Blueprint.

Edited by (PS4)GTP_RACECAR