Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Woah Woah Woah. You're Made Visible If You Don't Use Silent Weapons With Ivara? Really?

XxCurtennoxX

That....really really sucks.

That's a very subtle way of saying "SHE'S AN ARCHER FRAME, USE A BOW".

So, once again, it feels like i'm forced into using a specific weapon/weapon type.

I was enjoying Ivara but this.... i just...don't get it.

Why should there be another penalty to Prowl when we already move like a snail?

Well if you make a loud noise you really can't expect them to just not hear you. Invis and Smokescreen works the same way. Also, not just a bow, man. Anything with hush. She's a stealth frame: use stealth tactics.

It's not that you're heard.

Your Prowl actually deactivates for a second or two. That doesnt happen with Loki or Ash.

Honestly Ivara feels much more like an honest stealth frame then Loki or Ash. Love them both but the notion of invisibility = stealth in games that's arisen over the years is just lame/lazy.  There are offsets and bonuses to the slow crawl though...you can build her to stay invis basically forever and have supermassive headshots and piercing projectiles, you can build her to invis your whole team or sleep entire rooms, you can do whatever it is you're supposed to do with her ulti <_<

Or you can loot the hell out of everything with prowl with high duration efficiency and decent range. I've pulled a fair amount of mods off enemies, and plenty of credits (got a booster, but the largest amount I remember seeing so far is 640ish)

For an archer, her kit has little to do with bows besides her ult (I don't count her 1, those gadgets didn't have to be attached to arrows). So if wielding a bow as primary makes her more efficient, that's fine, it's just logic.

What I wanna know though, is how she performs in ordinary missions (not spy or rescue) with a team. Can she help them in different ways than by shooting cloaking arrows at them ?

Honestly Ivara feels much more like an honest stealth frame then Loki or Ash. Love them both but the notion of invisibility = stealth in games that's arisen over the years is just lame/lazy.  There are offsets and bonuses to the slow crawl though...you can build her to stay invis basically forever and have supermassive headshots and piercing projectiles, you can build her to invis your whole team or sleep entire rooms, you can do whatever it is you're supposed to do with her ulti <_<

Or you can loot the hell out of everything with prowl with high duration efficiency and decent range. I've pulled a fair amount of mods off enemies, and plenty of credits (got a booster, but the largest amount I remember seeing so far is 640ish)

She is not a stealh frame compared to Loki to Ash because she moves to damn slow.  The other 2 speed are not compromise and is fast paced.

She is not a stealh frame compared to Loki to Ash because she moves to damn slow. The other 2 speed are not compromise and is fast paced.

Gotta go fast mentality is why i disdain this community this frame is about being prepared planning ahead and it encourages camping and hunting your pray.not rushing to extraction because end mission reawrds NOW I DEMAND MY END MISSION REWARDS NOW

Gotta go fast mentality is why i disdain this community this frame is about being prepared planning ahead and it encourages camping and hunting your pray.not rushing to extraction because end mission reawrds NOW I DEMAND MY END MISSION REWARDS NOW

Pretty much says it all. Really for a while I felt like Ash and Loki should have had the same effect when shooting guns, but lol, imagine the shrieks and the tantrums (moreso from the Loki crowd) at having to use stealthy weapons for stealthy purposes on a stealthy frame.

No Tenno left behind.

Slow down everybody else so the load doesn't feel like a burden to everyone else :^)

Pretty much says it all. Really for a while I felt like Ash and Loki should have had the same effect when shooting guns, but lol, imagine the shrieks and the tantrums (moreso from the Loki crowd) at having to use stealthy weapons for stealthy purposes on a stealthy frame.

No no no, i love Ivara.

I don't mind using bows, but you're practically forced into using them to stay as effective.

Either way, after learning how to play her, this doesn't bother me anymore anyway.

She is not a stealh frame compared to Loki to Ash because she moves to damn slow.  The other 2 speed are not compromise and is fast paced.

I've never felt like ash is a stealth frame. I always felt more like a vengeful spirit, the invisibility is just a convenient way to add that "you cannnot stop this unholy monstrosity from eating your soul" feeling.

I wonder if she has a passiv... like faster draw for bow or anything.

From what i understand, she is the only frame that can cast while on a zipline. I find it really handy in defence and survival since you get the parkour bonus walking on ziplines.

I quite like the fact that she pops out of stealth when acting noisy. This and the slowdown makes it feel more balanced than the blatant "invisiblity ON" cheat that Ash and Loki can access (Loki moreso of course). Like others said, Hush takes care of it. Otherwise stay on the move or use #1 stealth arrow. Makes you stationary but invisibility does not break IIRC.  

I wonder if she has a passiv... like faster draw for bow or anything.

I was running some Spy with her (no Sentinel/Kubrow) and had small radius of enemy detection, despite not having Enemy Sense on. Anyone else noticed this? Perhaps that's the passive. 

Specifically, weapons marked as "Silent" in the Arsenal or weapons modded for complete noise elimination will prevent Ivara from leaving stealth when Prowl is active. The Opticor and Sonicor, despite actually being silent, are marked as "Alarming" and therefore will disable your invisibility when firing unless Hushed or Suppressed.

It appears the Daikyu is bugged, but I haven't yet tested to confirm.

You can always counteract this by dropping a Cloak arrow at your feet.

Personally, I find the movement penalty a fair trade off for permanent invisibility. You can get around it pretty easily by spamming your roll (tap Shift) or using Dashline arrows. My only wish is that Prowl shouldn't deactivate when you grab a ledge to flip yourself up because that is the only thing that automatically turns off Prowl that is not entirely under your control.

That....really really sucks.

That's a very subtle way of saying "SHE'S AN ARCHER FRAME, USE A BOW".

So, once again, it feels like i'm forced into using a specific weapon/weapon type.

I was enjoying Ivara but this.... i just...don't get it.

Why should there be another penalty to Prowl when we already move like a snail?

Fun fact #1:

While using Prowl Ivara gets a nice headshot damage bonus

Fun fact #2:

The mods Hush and Suppress can silence any weapon in the game.

Combine those two and you'll realize this isn't an issue, the extra headshot damage makes up for any damage lost on your weapon by slotting a silencing mod.