Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3Rd Sortie Takes Too Much Time (4Th Of Dec 2015)

Mand0

Played the third sortie with a mate today. While thinking the the difficulty is just about right for this kind of thing I think 20 waves make this mission take way too long. Unfortunately I haven't stopped the time we needed but it felt like ages and started getting boring after 10 waves.

I'd suggest reducing the amount of waves to 15 but letting stronger enemies spawn from the beginning to compensate. Its ok to let players have to work for the stuff they want but it shouldnt get too tedious.

Also I got the Dera Vandal BP for the second time in a row. Is this intended coincidence by the dev's or were players supposed not to drop an item anymore that was marked green on the reward list? If coincidence was intended then this would mean you might not get a full set of let's say a weapon during a season which would suck a lot. Especially if those parts aren't tradable

What do other players think about that?

The length definitely was to long. It didn't add enjoyment, challenge, or skill. It only made me afraid someone's net was gonna drop before it was over. Additionally the combination of eximuses + defense should be something that can never happen. Not only are you forcing the squad to kill an entire enemy force of eximuses, but the particles and auras kill lower end PCs to an unacceptable degree. all in all I think the pace and performance would both be greatly assisted with the removal of eximus+defense mission type.

The stated level for the mission was 100 (corpus defense) and by the last waves the enemies barely scaled over that. If you can't kill them, you don't need to play 30+ minutes to find out so the mission could very easily be halved in duration and mantain the same level of difficulty.

I did it with a random group and was lucky enough to find a decent Frost.

The most difficult "challenge" was surviving the usual truckload of host migrations.

Edited by Darkwings83