The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Questions On The New [Spoiler]

Imreallycool

Question

Can you stack lenses? For example, can you have one lens in your rank 30 Warframe, a different lens in your rank 30 rifle, and another lens in your rank 30 melee weapon?

Also, if the above is possible, can you use different abilities by these lenses that are stacked?

Another somewhat less useful question. Are the new abilities key-bound to a separate key? I think I saw somewhere that the new ability is key bound to the 5 key. So, if that's true, what if you had 2 new abilities through some stack of lenses? Would the be key-bound to separate keys or would all activate at the same time. 

A final question, can you able the lenses to a companion, companion weapon, archwing, or archwing weapon?

Thanks in advance for any help and sorry if the questions seem uninformed(I am currently stuck on the Jarvis Golem and do not have a lens yet).

16 answers to this question

I believe you can, also if you look in the components slot of the Market (where you buy catalysts/reactors) for Greater lenses, that would probably have a better Affinity-Focus conversion rate

This actually answered a question that I didn't mean to ask. When I meant stack I meant put a different lens on your Warframe than your rifle or ect. It's good to know that you can level a focus faster by putting two of the same on. Sorry for being unclear.

Yes you can use different ones on different weapons. However in the current form, only the thing that got the killing blow will get the full amount of affinity. For example I have Zenurik lens on my Ember, and a Vazarin lens on my Sancti Tigris. a 4-round public Draco yielded ~32k affinity for Zenurik and ~3.2k for Vazarin. How this is calculated and shared among squad members, I don't know.

This actually answered a question that I didn't mean to ask. When I meant stack I meant put a different lens on your Warframe than your rifle or ect. It's good to know that you can level a focus faster by putting two of the same on. Sorry for being unclear.

Oh my bad :p, well like the guy above me, you can stack them

Yes you can use different ones on different weapons. However in the current form, only the thing that got the killing blow will get the full amount of affinity. For example I have Zenurik lens on my Ember, and a Vazarin lens on my Sancti Tigris. a 4-round public Draco yielded ~32k affinity for Zenurik and ~3.2k for Vazarin. How this is calculated and shared among squad members, I don't know.

Thank you that was very informative. Are the abilities key-bound to a different key for each lens?

I also asked about the ability to put a different lens on a companion, archwing, or their respective weapons. Has anyone discovered if that's possible yet?

Anyone knows what happens if you try to forma something with a lense?

Also, can someone confirm if you can buy lenses from the market?

Formaing with a lens you keep the lens, you just don't earn focus until it's back to 30? At least that's what a clan mate said.

You can buy the greater lens upgrade bp (that requires 4 of the base version, plus forma+orokin cell+argon). But not actual lens as far as I know? You can trade them (like the other daily sortie rewards e.g. vandal/wraith weapon parts) however, I know a few people have traded away their quest or random sort reward lens for now in some rather beneficial trades heh (300p, tempo royale stance, etc)

Squad members dont get focus at all. Only things u kill with ur weapon (if lens is in weapon) or frame (if its in frame) contribute towards focus gain as far as i can tell.

So leeching or not killing S#&$ is absolutely useless, but then gain, this effectively destroys frames that can't kill S#&$. System needs tweaking imho in some way or sort, but its too early to tell tbh 

Formaing with a lens you keep the lens, you just don't earn focus until it's back to 30? At least that's what a clan mate said.

You can buy the greater lens upgrade bp (that requires 4 of the base version, plus forma+orokin cell+argon). But not actual lens as far as I know? You can trade them (like the other daily sortie rewards e.g. vandal/wraith weapon parts) however, I know a few people have traded away their quest or random sort reward lens for now in some rather beneficial trades heh (300p, tempo royale stance, etc)

Is this confirmed? or not?