The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Let's Figure Out How Focus Points Works

jjpdn

Question

So I was reading through the forums and I found many posts about either getting almost nothing, then people getting a lot.

But I'm now super confused.

I was playing Trinity Prime with my Vazarin lens attached, and I gained over 22k (i think 23k) focus points from the last Sortie mission (level 80-100+ corpus eximus only defense).

But, other people are saying that even on Draco they only got 2k.

So, at the moment, I'm theorizing that maybe each lens on a Warframe gain more points from ability use that fits that type of path? Seeing as Vazarin's support/heal, and I used EV, WoL and Blessing a crap lot during that mission...

I also got quite a few headshots at the beginning with my Lanka and killed a few Eximus using my EV + WoL combo, that moved me to 1rst place in terms of damage (43%).

On the other hand, I checked on wiki and it said kills = FP. But, I have used only weapons in a lot of my games and still gotten FP. What is going on???

Anyone else got more data? 

Please say:

Thing the lens was equipped on

Mission

Possible interesting things/habits you had/did during the mission

Time spent

FP gained

Edited by jjpdn

16 answers to this question

Madurai Lens on Excalibae. Only got 89 focus points for a 25 min T4S because I was killing with my weapons and only occasionally using EB for the health regen. This time, same thing:

Madurai on Excal

T3E

Used Slash Dash, Radial Blind and Exalted Blade the whole mission (Tested the theory that damaging skills earned focus points)

4-5 minutes(?) Don't exactly remember.

DHl7EE2.png?1

-snip-

Have you tried just spamming abilities (non-damaging ones) and then have only weapons kills?

Also, have you tried doing EB spam in the Sortie?

I have installed the lens on the primary weapon I use the most but I can not get more then 1000 Focus poits per mission. I hope we can get new lenses

You can get them by either trading or Sortie.

Edited by jjpdn

So, at the moment, I'm theorizing that maybe each lens on a Warframe gain more points from ability use that fits that type of path? Seeing as Vazarin's support/heal, and I used EV, WoL and Blessing a crap lot during that mission...

This is a very interesting idea, it would make sense with the "choose your path" stuff, as in, pick something that goes with your playing style etc... I don't have the thing yet, did you have the opportunity to further test your theory ?

so I've done some experiments. T1E [same amount of enemies] with volt p(his aura polarity is madurai) [vazarin lens]. round1, i only used melee, got 580+ FP. round 2, Shock only, 800+ FP. 

first of all, how da hell do we get 75k in one frickin day?!

second, it's apparent that whatever gear u insert the lens in, u have to use said gear that has the lens to get kills...

btw, i encountered shadow stalker during round 2 T.T. How do I kill him? first I used melee, then he adapted. used my akmagnus, he adapts again and has 10% health, finally used my melee again, but it seems that he's still not getting damage. I thought that he can only adapts to a certain dmg type one at a time, so... he can adapt to as many dmg type as he wants? yes, yes I diededed...

I have really bad inconsistency on my lenses. i ran Sechura Pluto for 10 wave with my Excalibur with a Madurai lens and got about 1,000 focus. i just ran a T3 survival for 40 min and i only got 170 xp on my Excalibur and 152 xp on my Sybaris with a Madurai lens as well

Running Pantheon, Mercury, solo with a Lensed Ivara (with an Affinity booster) and getting all stealth kills with my Hushed Latron Prime or Broken-War gets me anywhere between 3000 and 8000 Focus points. The number depends on the number of enemies I get and the number of Bombards and Commanders (both of which are worth a massive amount of Affinity with the 500% stealth combo Affinity boost) that spawn (and whether an assassin comes for me and breaks my combo).

While I was still ranking up my Broken-War (and therefore able to see how many Affinity points I was getting), it looked like just under 5% (it came out to about 4.97%) of the non-bonus Affinity received by my Warframe was converted into Focus points. (For those who aren't familiar with the math, when using a weapon, Affinity is split 50-50 between your Warframe and the weapon that made the kill.)

If it is true that only kills count for Focus points, then that would probably account for the 0.03% short of 5% I was getting.

I may try running numbers again tonight while leveling a few more weapons if someone doesn't get around to it beforehand. Assuming I'm not too feeling too lazy.

btw, i encountered shadow stalker during round 2 T.T. How do I kill him? first I used melee, then he adapted. used my akmagnus, he adapts again and has 10% health, finally used my melee again, but it seems that he's still not getting damage. I thought that he can only adapts to a certain dmg type one at a time, so... he can adapt to as many dmg type as he wants? yes, yes I diededed...

Try to pick weapons with completely different damage types on them. I use a Sonicor (pure Impact, modded with Corrosive and Blast) to bring his health low, then finish him off with my Latron Prime (mostly Puncture, modded with Radiation). Sometimes I get lucky and manage to land a (vertical fan) shot from my Artemis Bow before he dispels it and can finish him off easily with my Sonicor.

Edited by Inarticulate

I have really bad inconsistency on my lenses. i ran Sechura Pluto for 10 wave with my Excalibur with a Madurai lens and got about 1,000 focus. i just ran a T3 survival for 40 min and i only got 170 xp on my Excalibur and 152 xp on my Sybaris with a Madurai lens as well

Did you do anything different?

so I've done some experiments. T1E [same amount of enemies] with volt p(his aura polarity is madurai) [vazarin lens]. round1, i only used melee, got 580+ FP. round 2, Shock only, 800+ FP. 

first of all, how da hell do we get 75k in one frickin day?!

second, it's apparent that whatever gear u insert the lens in, u have to use said gear that has the lens to get kills...

Hm... this sounds like interesting data.

Have you also tried using melee + speed/shield?

To see if there is any effects when using support abilities while using the Vazarin lens?