The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why I Dislike The New Quest/tenno Thing (Spoilers)

goatkid

Ok just for future reference,

And yes, most cryo-chambers house Tenno, you can use clipping to sneak a peak inside.

I'm afraid you are mistaken there, when the Cryo-pods had their content changed from the placeholder "naked nick" mesh they used to the human operative mesh just like the staff on the relays and rescue targets, none of which are Tenno. Later they were just frosted over with the same mesh inside

Have a look for yourself:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/0/0b/U12_Cryopod.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140212103214

Edited by SilentMobius

Ok just for future reference,

The Warframes are still considered Suits of Armor, they house the "power" of the Tenno.

No, thats a golem,

And yes, most cryo-chambers house Tenno, you can use clipping to sneak a peak inside.

Actual Tenno were kept hidden on the moon, which was hidden in the void. Grineer and Corpus didn't find any actual Tenno. They would not be confused or think that the Warframe was them if they did.

The Tenno we saw in Cryopods are just one of the contradictions against the original plans they had for the game.

That's why the cryopods are now typically obscured completely of the contents or don't even have a body in them anymore.

Even in the old Alad V cinematic, you see him cutting up Warframes and there is no blood or remorse for "killing" anything.

You see smoldering amputation, which would suggest cauterization. At the time we knew Warframes bled as the game conveyed this, they needed air, and described their flesh as the same as organics like Corpus. Not robots, not even cloned flesh like Grineer or infested flesh either.

You might as well be pointing out the lack of blood from Lightsaber wounds or amputation.

The Warframes are immune to the Infested Disease, which shows why Alad V tried to modify it to affect "robots"

And Warframes are immune to the mind-control of the Void's Neural Control Defense.

Thats an assumption about Alad, also Zanuka project existed. Ascaris also existed. Even then, Mutalist is no older than Rhino prime lore entry.

These are also not children, D.E. has just come out and made them over 1000 years old.

Frozen and inactive for 1000 of those years in a reality where being 100+ still gets you considered a kid. They are children.

"A conduit of their affliction"

Websters Dictionary for Conduit:

: a means of transmitting or distributing <a conduit for illicit payments> <a conduit of information>

Then there is what Ordis says: "Do not lift the veil, do not show the door, do not split the dream"

Nowhere in the codex are puppets suggested.

You had to resort a 4th, definition, ignoring the prior ones where it being a suit was rational deduction, as it is very well called that in the excal codex generic description of the frame.

Meanwhile puppets are suggested not at all, the Tenno were said to have had frames built around them.

Few were going to put puppets over the Tenno themselves, in that description.

Ordis lines about the lifting the veil are also late additions. not something suggested from the start.

Edited by UrielColtan

I'm afraid you are mistaken there, when the Cryo-pods had their content changed from the placeholder "naked nick" mesh they used to the human operative mesh just like the staff on the relays and rescue targets, none of which are Tenno. Later they were just frosted over with the same mesh inside

Have a look for yourself:

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/warframe/images/0/0b/U12_Cryopod.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140212103214

They were Tenno though, due to Lotus calling them that. It is indeed changed now, since the last two updates I've seen no pods exposing anything. Edited by UrielColtan

Ah, good point...

Which only raises the question: why the HELL don't we pull him out of his pod and kill him? So he can't hunt any more Tenno? I mean he KNOWS where they are now, it's not like we're suddenly safe.

We don't know where Stalker's Transference pod is located. He probably doesn't know where it is either.

Edited by EmptyDevil

We don't know where Stalker's Transference pod is located. He probably doesn't know where it is either.

Well, assuming it's with the rest of the Tenno... Hell, the quest said that the Stalker's last visit to the Reseviour is what drove him mad - so I think it's KINDA safe to assume that it's there, since it seems to be implied that the revelation of what he was is what drove him mad.

Something the Stalker could have said ^^

that's interesting. especially since I was always thinking of breaking away and turning into a renegade like he was.

I wasn't going to kill many tenno though. unless they got in my way.

well if the game let me have that choice and didn't give me no other options then lotus loyalist.

It was hinted at and even back then, DE didn't know where to go with it due to conflicting lore between primes and other characters in the codex. We knew about the kids, but didn't know they would remain kids or if our Tenno were the same set of children. Add to it all the speculation people had and how long it took DE to just choose a route and this is what you get.

They decided to go this route knowing there would be folks who wouldn't like it. No matter what either sides of the debate say (Approval, Disproval, Apathetic) you will always have folks who either love the quests DE makes, hate them, or just don't care so long as they have stuff to do.

true, but it's still annoying to see some act like its a 'new thing' when it's not. I mean it's not like the forums don't hold massive lore discussions in the general discussions section ...

That answers HALF of the question... but, still: why the hell DON'T WE UNPLUG HIM! Okay, we're safe from him in the Void... he's STILL coming after our Warframes, and has been established we CAN lose the Warframes (and if Hidden Messages is AT ALL canon at this point the death of a Warframe CAN mean the death of a Tenno as well). So why the hell aren't we unplugging him and stopping all of the risk?

It's not like he's the Queens or Board and his death would result in a power struggle - he'll he's just a subservient factor to the Sentients now.

I mentioned in my post that he might not have been hidden with the rest of the operators, as he could had been from a different faction. We also know he had knowledge and posibly contact with its operator, whose to say he didn't move it.

Or could be that he is the only adult operator and moves around, or that he destroy the operator and his mind remained traped in the warframe permanently. Only time will tell.

I don't pvp, so I'm not keen on oro, but from here forward several lore entries are gonna be put to the test.

I mentioned in my post that he might not have been hidden with the rest of the operators, as he could had been from a different faction. We also know he had knowledge and posibly contact with its operator, whose to say he didn't move it.

Or could be that he is the only adult operator and moves around, or that he destroy the operator and his mind remained traped in the warframe permanently. Only time will tell.

I don't pvp, so I'm not keen on oro, but from here forward several lore entries are gonna be put to the test.

Aye, Oro was always a kinda tedious thing, DE mentioned it was something the Tenno had but in-game it became "the binding force for an enemy". Plus with what we have now it's pretty clear the Tenno have none.

All in all, Stalker doesn't line up too well with me, at least if he still does have an Operator some where and isn't a mind trapped within his one Warframe.

"Lotus" said he went crazy cause he found out he was kid.

So she knows where he is.

Stalker lore right now is in the same place it has been for a long time.

He is something attacking tenno.

"Lotus" said he went crazy cause he found out he was kid.

So she knows where he is.

Stalker lore right now is in the same place it has been for a long time.

He is something attacking tenno.

No, she probably knew where it was in the past. Keyword being knew because if she had known where it was she would have sent us there. That being said, we don't know where it is.

Why are you talking about his lore being in the same place? I don't recall anyone saying otherwise. It's pretty hard to not know he is someone attacking the Tenno by now. 

That answers HALF of the question... but, still: why the hell DON'T WE UNPLUG HIM! Okay, we're safe from him in the Void... he's STILL coming after our Warframes, and has been established we CAN lose the Warframes (and if Hidden Messages is AT ALL canon at this point the death of a Warframe CAN mean the death of a Tenno as well). So why the hell aren't we unplugging him and stopping all of the risk?

It's not like he's the Queens or Board and his death would result in a power struggle - he'll he's just a subservient factor to the Sentients now.

Is it weird that if we are given the choice of doing such actions, I would probably unplug him and have a nice Operator to Operator chat with them? Sure I can't stand their new tactics (among other things), and yes Stalker is unhinged......and yet they would be one of the few beings able to tell us the majority of information that happened before the Tenno uprising, during it, and after we all went into cryo. Lotus sure as heck won't tell us a dang thing, Ordis "deleted" the data and Teshin is all about the conclave.

Now if after they told us everything we still have a choice to unplug  and kill off for good.... meh, I'd pull a Batman and let them live. In a way, Stalker hunting of us is strengthening the Tenno to be ready for anything and everything.

Plus who knows how their operator would react to getting a hug instead of a shank to the gut? Would they freak out or be downright confused? I mean, Stalker could have ended both Lotus and your Operator if they would have put a bomb under your Operator chair to activate if he is off the ship for a certain amount of time? In fact, Stalker could have waited till after your frame put you in the chair and left the room, then shanked you and by then Ordis probably wouldn't have been able to scan the ship for safety reasons by then.

No, she probably knew where it was in the past. Keyword being knew because if she had known where it was she would have sent us there. That being said, we don't know where it is.

Why are you talking about his lore being in the same place? I don't recall anyone saying otherwise. It's pretty hard to not know he is someone attacking the Tenno by now. 

At this point its clear "Lotus" doesnt do anything until some one else pushes the issue.

We know what she told us and there is no reason to come up with other stuff to explain why the Stalker is still around.

They were Tenno though, due to Lotus calling them that. It is indeed changed now, since the last two updates I've seen no pods exposing anything.

Quote please. I've been here since the beginning of open beta and I've never heard the Lotus refer to the cryo-pods in defense missions as Tenno.

I also doubt that anything inside the pods has changed since the window frosting, but I'll check that myself tonight.

Edited by SilentMobius

At this point its clear "Lotus" doesnt do anything until some one else pushes the issue.

We know what she told us and there is no reason to come up with other stuff to explain why the Stalker is still around.

What are you blabbing about? Are you still trying to find some excuse for your Lotus-is-evil obsession?

Edited by EmptyDevil

Well, assuming it's with the rest of the Tenno... Hell, the quest said that the Stalker's last visit to the Reseviour is what drove him mad - so I think it's KINDA safe to assume that it's there, since it seems to be implied that the revelation of what he was is what drove him mad.

Why would he leave it in that place with the people he hates? There could be many reservoirs on the moon as well but, i'm betting he moved it to a new location in his centuries of being awake.

Why would he leave it in that place with the people he hates? There could be many reservoirs on the moon as well but, i'm betting he moved it to a new location in his centuries of being awake.

Why would the Orokin let him move it? Keep in mind that they're the ones that set that all up, initially, the Reservoir was their creation, not Lotus'. This meeting between himselves had to happen during the Orokin era, and the Orokin don't seem on having been very keen on letting the Tenno do anything on their own - and Stalker wasn't even one of the greater Tenno, just a low Guardian.

Why would the Orokin let him move it? Keep in mind that they're the ones that set that all up, initially, the Reservoir was their creation, not Lotus'. This meeting between himselves had to happen during the Orokin era, and the Orokin don't seem on having been very keen on letting the Tenno do anything on their own - and Stalker wasn't even one of the greater Tenno, just a low Guardian.

The Orokin are dead. Why would he have found out the secret and went mad while the empire was in power? It wouldn't make sense for him to know during the Orokin era. He probably learnt about it during his centuries of being awake after the Orokin slaughter. I say learnt because i have doubts that he actually visited the place before The Second Dream quest.

The Orokin are dead. Why would he have found out the secret and went mad while the empire was in power? It wouldn't make sense for him to know during the Orokin era. He probably learnt about it during his centuries of being awake after the Orokin slaughter. I say learnt because i have doubts that he actually visited the place before The Second Dream quest.

So you're saying he found it AFTER that? Well why couldn't he just lead Hunhow there himself, I mean it seems pretty well presented that Lotus was quick about hiding the moon in the Void after the fall of the Orokin, for Stalker to have been there before but not be able to find his way back he'd have to have ventured to it before Lotus hid it.

The way the quest puts it makes it seem like he physically went into the place, "the secrets within drove him mad", not "the secrets he learned about it".

the orokin are dead ? why is calling hunhow alad v a orokin in the quest, and not only one time ?

there are some possibillities for a close to "neverending-story" ... ^^)

The point of revealing the Operator is the fact that YOU the player are the Operator. That's why you can customize their appearance; to make them look however you please. Your ingame name is your account username & forum username. You, the person behind the computer, are one of the children from the Zariman. You are the Operator sitting in the Somatic Link pod chair thing. That's you sitting at your computer. 

the orokin are dead ? why is calling hunhow alad v a orokin in the quest, and not only one time ?

there are some possibillities for a close to "neverending-story" ... ^^)

The Orokin hierarchy is dead; the ones that were in power. However, Corpus were Orokin civilians, to put it simply. So they're technically Orokin, but not the Orokin commonly referred to when someones speaks of the Orokin. 

The Orokin hierarchy is dead

The Orokin civilization is dead, Alad himself says this. The Corpus are a "spin-off" of the Orokin.

I think Hunhow calls Alad "Orokin" because he was sort of dead back then and he hasn't fully caught up with the news.