Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler..? Just Mechanics] Madurai Focus System Damage Inconsistent?

Seox

Heya all,

I was doing the sorties today with some buddies and got to the level 90-120 infested defense and noticed something really weird.

Sometimes when I hit enemies with the madurai focus they explode in less than a second and I do a ton of damage, but sometimes when I try using it on the same enemies that exploded instantly only seconds ago trickle HP down until I've used my entire focus on a charger to do only half its health.

I'm not sure if one of the infested enemies or eximus are increasing the defense of other infested and it's stacking, or if some other shenanigans are going on, but I wanna know so I can work around it.

Outside of enemies that I know I've seen blow up when I hit them with this, some enemies are so hardy that I don't do much damage, period, and my gun does way more. Is madurai gonna be a bad focus on heavily scaled content where you actually need the boost?

Thanks!

I surely hope it's a bug that the damage is so low. I only tested it in Sortie missions so far and I deal 5-35 damage to enemies, taking away about 5mm to 1,5 cm hp in total. No matter which enemy, no matter where. Even if it's the only frggin enemy left in the area the damage won't increase. - To me the Focus stuff seems very, very endgame. The rather long cooldown is a big pointer at that; within those 3 Minutes cooldown you have finished most non-endless-missions. So if the damage output on Madurai is intentionally so weak then I sure hope the passives are very, very, powerful (which I kinda doubt) - or I'll just leave that school behind and go to one of the actually useful ones.

I surely hope it's a bug that the damage is so low. I only tested it in Sortie missions so far and I deal 5-35 damage to enemies, taking away about 5mm to 1,5 cm hp in total. No matter which enemy, no matter where. Even if it's the only frggin enemy left in the area the damage won't increase. - To me the Focus stuff seems very, very endgame. The rather long cooldown is a big pointer at that; within those 3 Minutes cooldown you have finished most non-endless-missions. So if the damage output on Madurai is intentionally so weak then I sure hope the passives are very, very, powerful (which I kinda doubt) - or I'll just leave that school behind and go to one of the actually useful ones.

Right, I'm pretty worried that it'll be in the same boat as frames that rely completely on damage. I hope it's not the case that only CC and utility matters in content that really scales hard, but that seemed to be the case from yesterday's sortie.