Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Spoiler) My Feedback On The Daily Focus Cap

Genoscythe

So, after having leveled several skills on my madurai focus tree already, and as much as I love to roast everything with some giant laz0rs, I think the focus cap is too low. While I can get 75k a day level 1 of meteor needs more than 200k already to level up already.

I want to keep it short and simple: Make the daily cap dependend on mastery. Mastery still has little use as most weapons are for low-mastery players and the single unit of tellurium or a 2-hour afinnity booster I get for the daily log in wont motivate anyone to level mastery to max. I'd say if we have 6-10k focus possible per mastery rank things will look better.

I think you don't need a cap, considering I'm getting 100 average exp. 4 rounds of draco netted me 1.4k.

And while I'm aware ember is the go to farm frame for efficient focus leveling, I feel its silly to punish those that don't use ember to level their stuff.

How bout we just leave it cap less, implement focus missions that have increased focus exp gain, and tweak how focus exp gain works with certain skills?

There is the daily cap for a reason (it is kinda endgame content), but I can support your idea if the cap doesn't exceed 100k/day.

A daily limit does'nt make it endgame, it just gives us a silly waiting time and thus artificially keeps us from progressing.

Also focus is not really necessary for anything, you can still play the game fine without ever using it.

It's a good idea although I would prefer actually it linked to both MR and hours played as MR half the time dont mean anything. 

Also the current system favours the killer in order to receive focus. There has already been a post(s) about this and I must say it has disrupted team play in some ways. People want to be the killer more than support as they receive so little for being in the squad. A shared system would keep team synergy alive and well

I feel conflicted about the cap. It isn't necessary a bad thing if you get used to it, but the problem is, after few initial upgrades focus price skyrockets and 75k becomes an absurdly low amount. I don't like doing stuff and not get anything visible in return.

The 75K cap doesn't show restriction until you get higher in your focus. When you get to node upgrades that cost 150k and higher, it turns into a forced two day, three day, and onward investment. In my opinion, all the daily cap does is force a longer progression phase, which is really dumb. It is only there for people to not get "overpowered" quickly through draco runs or stealth runs. If people know how to progress faster, let them. It isn't hurting anyone else, as it is all PvE.

• 1 month later...

So, after having leveled several skills on my madurai focus tree already, and as much as I love to roast everything with some giant laz0rs, I think the focus cap is too low. While I can get 75k a day level 1 of meteor needs more than 200k already to level up already.

I want to keep it short and simple: Make the daily cap dependend on mastery. Mastery still has little use as most weapons are for low-mastery players and the single unit of tellurium or a 2-hour afinnity booster I get for the daily log in wont motivate anyone to level mastery to max. I'd say if we have 6-10k focus possible per mastery rank things will look better.

I support this 100% A daily cap of 75k is way too low and demotivates players, especially high mastery rank players like myself. In 1-3 runs I'm done with capping.