Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sorties: "too Easy. I Expected More. I Deserve A Challenge" - Ruk

snark

no, they allowed low mr to participate but difficulty is not balanced for them...

Maybe they could add more random restrictions, like no cc skills, no damage skills, no invisibility on rescue/spy, half power range etc.

Weapons restriction is kinda useless as well as more armor since there is cp.

or maybe they could make it so all the emneys are the new corpus emenys ( i cant remeber what they care called) 

Edited by deathstar2190

*sigh* u guys ask for too much

what if DE make it too diffucult? will u still complain then? 

no matter what DE do they can NOT make everyone happy, they aren't politcains after all

if u really want a challage then make it diffuclt ur self,

every tried usuing a dragon key while doing a sortie? now do that with only one weapon and solo as well

now is that more challanging? or is it still too easy?

How difficult?? They can raise lvl endlessly and it wont become any harder than lvl100 already are.

Itll take ridiculous amount of time to complete and nothing else.

Nothing about mission itself or enemies can be done to make it more difficult than it already is. 

Problem lies with players power.

Seems that the intention for sorties was to make them difficult for new players only, because they are a joke to anyone who has played for longer than a month.

No i dont agree, they were meant to be hard but de havent put any work into making them hard.

They simply ramped up enemy lvls and called it a day.

How difficult?? They can raise lvl endlessly and it wont become any harder than lvl100 already are.

Itll take ridiculous amount of time to complete and nothing else.

Nothing about mission itself or enemies can be done to make it more difficult than it already is. 

Problem lies with players power.

No i dont agree, they were meant to be hard but de havent put any work into making them hard.

They simply ramped up enemy lvls and called it a day.

ooor they could make things different, ie no powers, night mare mode etc

uping the lvl isnt the only way to make things more diffucult

ooor they could make things different, ie no powers, night mare mode etc

uping the lvl isnt the only way to make things more diffucult

Nightmare mode is also being cheesed.

Only thing that would work is no powers, but then powers are vital part of your setup and it simply wouildnt be interesting if to experience any challenge you would need to stop using them.

Then even that would be cheesed, like early aw build with tanky valkyr, zephyr, rhino and frost.

Problem will always lie with players power and any attempt to circumvent it will be a flop.

Look at raids,they arent hard and instead of actual combat you got puzzles.

Edited by Davoodoo

I love how players spend hours on the wiki and in game trying to figure out ways to 'break' the game's scaling to make it playable or 'easy', then come up here to complain about difficulty.

You know, maybe it's time to step away from a cookie cutter and start playing something that goes beyond the meta, but still is viable. There are tons of options. I love these unorthodox ways of doing sorties, and they work just fine, while making the Sorties extremely enjoyable and at a perfect challenge level.

Stop trying to alter the game, alter your own playstyle.

I love how players spend hours on the wiki and in game trying to figure out ways to 'break' the game's scaling to make it playable or 'easy', then come up here to complain about difficulty.

You know, maybe it's time to step away from a cookie cutter and start playing something that goes beyond the meta, but still is viable. There are tons of options. I love these unorthodox ways of doing sorties, and they work just fine, while making the Sorties extremely enjoyable and at a perfect challenge level.

Stop trying to alter the game, alter your own playstyle.

Hours? Lmao for one who has nearly all the frames/weapons/mods, it takes at most one run to realize what is needed and how best to cheese the mission, hell most of the time you can just look at the mission and know what is needed.

Edit: That said (outside having a bad day and needing to just get that damned spy mission out of the way) one of the funnest challenges I've had is limiting myself to Valk only, with her forth as purely an oh sh!t/reviver button. Teaches you what weapons are best for the job real nicely.

Edited by DarcnyssWolfe

I wish the sorties would be shorter and more like the the proxy rebellion, that was so fun and actually challenging. Having strong enenmies on a 20 wave defence is no challenge, its just boring and and makes me not want to finish the bloody sortie.

I'd be falling asleep during the proxi rebelion if I wasn't on the lookout for a Tempo Royal all the time.

These defense missions felt the same as the sortie def missions now.

And I like them still better than Spy stealthing.

Hours? Lmao for one who has nearly all the frames/weapons/mods, it takes at most one run to realize what is needed and how best to cheese the mission, hell most of the time you can just look at the mission and know what is needed.

Edit: That said (outside having a bad day and needing to just get that damned spy mission out of the way) one of the funnest challenges I've had is limiting myself to Valk only, with her forth as purely an oh sh!t/reviver button. Teaches you what weapons are best for the job real nicely.

You get the point though right? Especially with all that knowledge, you can also find other ways to complete a mission and make it entertaining again.

I think players tend to forget the primary goal of entertainment, is entertainment. Gaming is not ticking all the boxes as quickly and efficiently as possible, that's how games become a drag. There is no amount of patching and content updates that can stop that sentiment.

Edited by V4YR4

Difficulty in Warframe is based on the tedium of gimmicks, be it spongy enemies, or restricting your ability to use the playstyle you're comfortable with.

This is caused by the sever balance flaws, such as: infinite scaling, mod system implementation, weapon balance(or rather lack thereof), warframe power design and implementation, ect.

The game at this point, requires a severe rework, comprising primarily of scaling most of it's aspects down to manageable values(aka "nerfs"), in order to ever become truly challenging.

In the meantime, barring the occasional slip-up, PvP offers actual engagement(doubly so since you engage another person).

You get the point though right? Especially with all that knowledge, you can also find other ways to complete a mission and make it entertaining again.

I think players tend to forget the primary goal of entertainment, is entertainment. Gaming is not ticking all the boxes as quickly and efficiently as possible, that's how games become a drag. There is no amount of patching and content updates that can stop that sentiment.

There is also the issue of once you have done X mission type against Y faction, no matter the level change, you've pretty much done them all for that type and faction. And that when meta/rushing comes into play as you just want to get what your after so you can move on to something "more interesting". The fire/ice events and nightmare modes are a decent start but we need more of them. Wouldn't mind a few "mystery" challenges that more or less randomize the challenge each run so you CANT build for it and more or less left with "Ah hell, I'm not prepared for this!". And for those that have the "reboot mission" mentality, add an annoying 1-5min penalty timer for quiting.

The conditions don't need to be hidden, they need to be challenging. Eximus Stronghold was the only one I considered interesting and those are hardly "endgame" level challenge. Actually challenging conditions like "no frame powers" or "no gear or revives" in addition to "G30 clones" or "eximus stronghold and a boss" might help these not be another mission but with higher enemy stats.

This was called difficult endgame, so it should be difficult and endgame.

The challenge, now, is just getting the reward roll you want.

Edited by BioSnark