The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Please Introduce A Weekly Cap For ... The New Thing, Not Dayli.

CanIbiteU

525k focus cap would be the same 75k/day as we have now, but people who are working, have kids and cant play every day would be able to play on weekends and farm affinity when they want.

Current cap feels like a big disadventage for players, who cant play every day.

I always think daily events should always be replaced with weekly events. This allows people to have a life outside of the game and not be penalized for missing a day by allowing one to "catch up".

However, for people who play all the time, one would easily hit a cap pretty quick then feel like there's nothing to do for a good 4 days straight.

Instead, how about a compromise. Have dailies expire every 2 or 3 days instead of every day, and allow new daily missions overlap. If you miss day 1 and day 2 comes, on day 2, you can do day 1 and day 2. On the third day, the day 1 daily event times out (or on the 4th day if you go with a 3 day leniency).

have you read the part about sorties? atm you are maxing the cap with one long sortie mission if you know how the system works and people know. with weekly cap, people will come back for sorties anyway AND farm affinity when they want = more time spend in the game.

wouldn't this same argument be made for sorties then? People can't play every day then why not let people get a weeks worth of sorties rather than one each day.

mate i dont see the reason of aguing for the sake of argument :) we both know this will not happen, dayli events like alerts with special rewards are the core of the game since the very beginning. the focus system is new and has to be discussed. the longitivy argument is just not valid since we have sorties, weekly cap will only add longtivity for everyone.

Edited by CanIbiteU

I say we put a cap on how many void runs can be done in a day and week as well. And double the amount of time it takes for frames to be built and how fast they get affinity. wouldnt want people who cant play every day to be at a disadvantage to those who put more time in would we.

mate i dont see the reason of aguing for the sake of argument :) we both know this will not happen, dayli events like alerts with special rewards are the core of the game since the very beginning. the focus system is new and has to be discussed.

sortie is new too. I'd much rather run it all on one day then not have to log in for the week.

But 575k, that's an entire talent tree unlocked and some rank ups.

Edited by Lightsmith

I say we put a cap on how many void runs can be done in a day and week as well. And double the amount of time it takes for frames to be built and how fast they get affinity. wouldnt want people who cant play every day to be at a disadvantage to those who put more time in would we.

there is, you have x numbers of keys.

still i dont see the point about his argument. i am sure most of the griding people will use cheap affinity booster, on a dayli cap too.

His point was to be able to get all the Focus that you can get for each daily reset in a week in whatever time he's able to play with a weekly reset.

i have a feel that people who argue against, are entirely missing the point.

its a win win for everyone. everybody can get 525k a week, people who play daily and people who play only few days a week. the effort remains the same. people spend more time ingame since sorties, which grant the biggest part of affinity are availible only daily, so people who wants both fast affinity and daily sortie will only play more, which is good for DE.

i dont know how to put it better and make it more understandable.

Edited by CanIbiteU

Can we get a weekly Syndicate rep as well? Or a weekly login bonus?

Search for Tactical Potato on youtube for large quantity focus farming.

I personally have no problem with the daily cap and i only get 4 hours a day to play if even.

Weekly Syndicate would be fine too tbh.

Yes, you may get 4 hours a day to play. Hell, at the moment, I can put in up to 8 if I want to certain days.

But when work ramps up, full time job, roughly 10 hours with travel and work, say two hours for eating / washing / whatever, 8ish hours sleep, that's 20 hours on a work day. Then if there's anything important like paperwork, housework, repairs, etc.

If you have a partner or family, or are just too tired to play, most people will get maybe an hour or two outside of days off.

Then on top of that, if you're time limited and log in, and there's Alerts, Events, Sorties, etc that need doing, you can hardly dedicate time to Focus farm.

Weekly caps would work out the same ultimately. No negative to anyone whatsoever, and positives for those with time constraints.

Daily Log-in is easy enough though. Takes less than a minute to do.

i have a feel that people who argue against, are entirely missing the point.

its a win win for everyone. everybody can get 525k a week, people who play daily and people who play only few days a week. the effort remains the same. people spend more time ingame since sorties, which grant the biggest part of affinity are availible only daily, so people who wants both fast affinity and daily sortie will only play more, which is good for DE.

i dont know how to put it better and make it more understandable.

the same could be said about you missing the point. It's not the best for DE to not have a daily cap. "No negatives" isn't true any decision has negatives. Edited by Lightsmith

the same could be said about you missing the point. It's not the best for DE to not have a daily cap. "No negatives" isn't true any decision has negatives.

Nah the point is. If there is a weekly cap then people can gain focus at their own pace. If people are unable to play on certain days, then it doesnt matter. Because the focus that wasn't gained on that day is still available for them. There still a cap. It's an added up total of all seven days so either way. You can't earn more than the set amount of 75k x 7.

It would even help those people. Less of their Focus will be eaten by hitting the cap in mid-mission, since that would only be able to happen once a week rather than every day.

It's only YOUR fault if you go above the cap. you are fully capable of checking the cap in the focus menu, and in missions you can check how much you've earned by going to view mission progress.

This suggestion is objectively good. It would benefit lots of people, and hurt no one.

Inb4 ''I earned all my 500k focus in 10 minutes and I demand that you remove the cap!!!111one''

• 3 weeks later...