The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Missions And Ciphers...

Hixlysss

I'm fine with the missions being difficult, but I have some friends whom for the past few days have been unable to complete the sorties for one reason, the hacking missions. They need to use ciphers to do the hacking missions due to their handicap, Diabetes can really F*** with someones hand eye coordination. So i've been running these missions with my friend because he is...rather literally unable to do the hacking parts due to his handicap.

It's fine and all to make the game challenging, but find some way for ciphers to be usable again, please.

Hi Rikov,

Aside from your comments which are valid. Why remove the ciphers anyway.... why not make another element of the mission more difficult rather than just simply removing the cipher option. Its a quick and lame way to increase frustration for the player rather than making it more challenging to get to the objective.

Bad move DE

There was a locked thread about this already, so before this gets locked too because of people being unable to respect others' opinion, I'll say what I think about it:

The ciphers should be usable in sorties. 

I don't like the hacking system. Neither grineer nor (especially) corpus.

I don't have much problems with completing the hacks, but I do fail sometimes.

I assume there are people worse at it than me and they should not be excluded from missions they can otherwise complete.

The hacking is not a core gameplay element, we could do without it.

"The community" does NOT have a "collective agreement" about this issue, like someone said.

Don't want to use ciphers? Cool. You don't have to. Let others though.

Edited by Shifted

That was rude :/

How was that rude? If he lacks the ability to solve it, let someone else who is able to

besides if you're at a point where your hand eye coordination is bad enough you can't do a cipher, how are you able to play the rest of the game?

hand-eye coordination in the game is important

not really it fixes the problem. 

and im not saying this to be rude but if your friends do have a hard time with the hacking, how are they able to play the rest of the game. which requires quite alot of hand eye coordination.

this tbh

Don't have much of a tip for the Grineer hacking, but for late level Corpus...

Spin the outer edges until they line up to each other, then spin the middle till it connects. There's two ciphers that are trickly, because they have a single connector piece that'll randomly hook to either an outer tile or the middle tile.

Not a good idea. It is already to easy in my opinion. Some of the tile-sets offer several ways. The only thing I would change is that there is always an alternative to reach the the data console. Not sure if it is always possible to choose, now. 

There was a locked thread about this already, so before this gets locked too because of people being unable to respect others' opinion, I'll say what I think about it:

The ciphers should be usable in sorties. 

I don't like the hacking system. Neither grineer nor (especially) corpus.

I don't have much problems with completing the hacks, but I do fail sometimes.

I assume there are people worse at it than me and they should not be excluded from missions they can otherwise complete.

The hacking is not a core gameplay element, we could do without it.

"The community" does NOT have a "collective agreement" about this issue, like someone said.

Don't want to use ciphers? Cool. You don't have to. Let others though.

It's not that easy. What if I would say I want to kill lv 100 enemies instantly with a chat command... If you don't like it don't use it. I Know it is exaggerated but I want to say is that games already became far to easy. If you remove everything that is challenging what's the point of playing it? In my opinion the game should offer you several possibilities but also on a high difficult.

Edited by Arcira

• 3 months later...
On 12/8/2015 at 1:35 PM, Arcira said:

It's not that easy. What if I would say I want to kill lv 100 enemies instantly with a chat command... If you don't like it don't use it. I Know it is exaggerated but I want to say is that games already became far to easy. If you remove everything that is challenging what's the point of playing it? In my opinion the game should offer you several possibilities but also on a high difficult.

But cipher is a kind gear, not chat command kind of cheat. 

You know what, screw that, lets make all the gear unusable at the sorties, especially those energy replenishment thingies. And while we at that, let make all the power unusable too. What? still too easy? Lets make that they can only enter sortie only by equipping MK1 Braton and nothing else. Yeah that sounds about right.