The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Nikana Vs Broken-War Sad

DarthKadra

This thread still going?

My input: All older longswords need a touch-up.

Iron Phoenix is lacking and Crimson Dervish is only loved for its damage, but nothing else.

The alert sword stats are simply bad. Dakra Prime is only considered decent due to Crimson Dervish. Let's make longswords good without that clutch, okay?

• 3 weeks later...

Some people seriously want to nerf melee weapons even though the are outclassed by almost any high tier gun? What a ***** joke...

Nothing surprise here, as long "players" whine and beg DE to Nerf any weapons. It going to happen, and sadly that will be the biggest mistake. But what can player on the sidelines say? Anyhow, why do we have to go down to people's level when they do not care? Who knows, I am not Equinox.

Can't this topic be left alone already?

Whatever, the point is, Dragon Nikana still has a niche (Nikana Prime soon tho).

Most other weapons don't have. It's hypocritical to whine for a rebalance of your favorate weapon when so many other weapons are left in dust.

Since the Dolphin Parkour 2.0 many melee weapons lost their tastes.

The D. Nikana also lost something in the proccess.

The new Broken War is also... suffering from the same issue.

How can a weapon introduced post-parkour 2.0 to suffer from an issue that only pre-parkour 2.0 weapons can possibly suffer?

Plus, I regret to inform you, but coptering is NOT a game mechanic. Its an exploit. Melee weapons are supposed to be used to chop enemies into pieces, not to blaze at high speeds across the map.

We're supposed to get Nikana Prime sometime this century, should have 25% crit among other good things.

Ofc not. It's very powerful already, with the stats shown in the codex, no need for even more power creep, so 20% chance is very good. After all, there are melees that only have their crits to them. Nikana Prime also has huge base damage and all around solid stats compared to them.

How can a weapon introduced post-parkour 2.0 to suffer from an issue that only pre-parkour 2.0 weapons can possibly suffer?

Plus, I regret to inform you, but coptering is NOT a game mechanic. Its an exploit. Melee weapons are supposed to be used to chop enemies into pieces, not to blaze at high speeds across the map.

You're mixing anything.

D. Nikana was there long ago now. Before the Movement/ Parkour/ Dolphin Jumping 2.0, ALL the melee weapons were differents, acting differently, it was real pleasure to use melee.

The action and feeling were better. Now they're poor, simple, tasteless. Seems pretty hard to express.

So now, i'm not denying that coptering was a glitch but it was acknowledged by DEVs.

What i'm arguing about is that it wasn't necessary to remove it. We could still use it right now. It would not change anything.

But to pretend to remove it because of the aestethic, and the utmost hypocrisy, to pretend that DOLPHING DIVING is more COHERENT?

LMAO NO WAY.

I feel stupid to dive like a GROUND Dolphin constantly, i feel stupid to "glide" in the air, and there is not a single reason that justify the coptering removal.

NOT.

A.

SINGLE.

ONE.

We had to trade Coptering for Dolphin Diving.      Bwahahahahaha.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA

you need to look at the broken war again very closely and the thing on katanas is still very debatable considering it depends on how the sword it built. 

Katanas suck (literally no good qualities even with better steel), but Broken War is a piece of S#&$ compared to those.

Where is our Type XV?

Edited by Snowbluff

do you remember whats involved in getting broken war?

you need to get your archwing first then you need to unlock the star map and then you need gear and mods good enough to do the second dream quest after all that it might has well require M8.

I was MR 17 when i got broken war. 

So the infamous Dragon Nikana with an MR8 requirement and the time investment into research and crafting deals less damage than a freely awarded and potatoed MR3 Broken-War? Either boost Dragon Nikana or nerf Broken-War until it's not... broken.  They have the same speed, and while DNikana has more crit damage and status to even things out, that still only puts it on par with the Broken-War. I don't see how this is fair. As a Dragon Nikana fan this makes me sad :-(

You do know that Dragon Nikana Prime is coming right?

But if it puts it on par, isn't that good? Better to have a sidegrade than inferior mastery fodder or "the new best thing".

Thanks

So the infamous Dragon Nikana with an MR8 requirement and the time investment into research and crafting deals less damage than a freely awarded and potatoed MR3 Broken-War? Either boost Dragon Nikana or nerf Broken-War until it's not... broken.  They have the same speed, and while DNikana has more crit damage and status to even things out, that still only puts it on par with the Broken-War. I don't see how this is fair. As a Dragon Nikana fan this makes me sad :-(

Dude you're whining about nothing, also in no way is broken war overpowered. 

• 1 month later...

No is bothered by the fact that broken war is literally a direct upgrade to dakra prime? Literally just same stats but better? It's not apples to oranges its a good red apple, then suddenly there is the same apple but somehow more effective at keeping you alive. It's hard to use a wep thats literally the same as another but worse. It feels wrong using my dakra now :(

10 hours ago, Megatomicdragon said:

No is bothered by the fact that broken war is literally a direct upgrade to dakra prime? Literally just same stats but better? It's not apples to oranges its a good red apple, then suddenly there is the same apple but somehow more effective at keeping you alive. It's hard to use a wep thats literally the same as another but worse. It feels wrong using my dakra now :(

no.