The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Melee? And Stance?

(PSN)ozgurozacik

Question

19 answers to this question

So you're not going to choose what looks fun to you? Um... okay.

Broken War is the best longsword for everything.

Orthos Prime has the best range out of all non-throwable melee.

Dragon Nikana is a little easier to get than Broken War and has a wider range of "acceptable" stances. (Iron Phoenix srsly?)

By stats, it's War.

Not only highest dealing damage weapon, but also there is Primed Heavy Traume, so you can get up to 285% increased impact damage (120% from collision force + 165% from P.Heavy Trauma).

Together with Templo Royale, it wreck havoc.

On pair with Drakana, you had the option to go Dakra prime, which with Crimson Dervish would be on-pair on damage with Drakana, but since Broken War is already stronger than Drakana, and you can get Crimson Dervish on it, it surpassed Drakana now.

As for "best weapon", it really depends on your playstyle. I run Dark Dagger, Mios and Jat Kittag most of the time.

PS: Before complaining about the "bad" impact mechanic, play with it. I still crit over 20k on lvl 70 Heavy Gunner with Jat Kittag, can't imagine with War and with P.Heavy Trauma maxed (mine is R5).

Edited by Endrance

So you're not going to choose what looks fun to you? Um... okay.

Broken War is the best longsword for everything.

Orthos Prime has the best range out of all non-throwable melee.

Dragon Nikana is a little easier to get than Broken War and has a wider range of "acceptable" stances. (Iron Phoenix srsly?)

I am more interested in stats so yea what is powerful is fun to me and thanks for the Comments

Any others?

Kinda difficult question.

Stats wise, its Broken War, but for it to go full potential you need to install slow Crimson Dervish.

Fun Factor wise for me its D Nikana with Tranquil Cleave, quick and reliable combos.

If you want single swing room cleaner, go Orthos P.

Low damage but high DPS multihits - go Dual Ichors.

If you want weapon with momentum to be invulnerable to knockdowns, use Scindo P or War with Tempo Royale.

Edited by RobWasHere

If we're going purely on stats,number crunching or fotm things (Untill the next weapon of choice comes along that is), they've been covered already it seems

I tend to use the Dragon Nikana with Blind justice. Bit low on the melee range but it does me just fine. Performs well enough in terms of killing things and decent speed to it for me. Plus I'm a sucker for Katana's. ^^

Galatine with Primed Reach is known to be really crazy with Tempo Royale.

I'm in agreement with the Galatine, Sooo much fun was had with a Primed reach on it. Cleaving infested before they can slap me.

If categories are applied..

GreatSword: War and Scindo Prime

Longsword: Broken War

Nikana: Dragon Nikana

Blade and Whip: Míos

Daggers: Karyst

Hammers: Jat Kittag

Other categories are..meh

Of those, I would recommend both Wars (Broken War+Crimson Dervish has 270 base damage and War+Broken Full from Cleaving Whirlwind has the grand total of 560 damage per hit)

Karyst has 150 damage with Covert Lethality, plus x4 and X multipliers in Pointed Wind, with the added bonus of Finishers being Insta Kills

Míos has insane AoE, and albeit the damage is 85, it has a lot of multihit and crits often enough.

Jat Kittag has a bit less damage than War, but makes up for it with some of the Combos having Multihit (wut) of Crushing Ruin and the Ragdolling CC Slams

An honorable mention would be Cerata because it deals very good damage with Astral Twilight because of the stupid amount of multihit

Warwarwarwarwarwarwarwarwarwarwarwar...

Better than scindo prime (highest base damage)

Dont say its too slow, put fury or/and berseker (20% crit chance :P) and you will be able to do draco only with melee

I have to say it is the first (full, not broken >:v) sentinel sword that can be used by tennos and had been used by the stalker (his shadow-more powerful version)

Broken war is good too but it has the same pros as the prisma skana

War can hit multiple mobs too, broken war no

Edited by EcoLeCreeper

I do not believe that there is the "best weapon", However, there are better "tier" weapons... It really depends on the player which of these weapons are preferable, Some just go for pure base damage, others go for speed... I would say try out as many as possible, and you will soon discover what weapon suits you best. Just remember to add mods in the correct way, such as the elements or secondary elements, etc.

Edited by (PS4)Ultro-Warrior