Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Founder's Items To Also Act As Skins For Normal Variants

Urska

All variants (Prime, Vandal, etc) should be turned into skins and the potato and formas lost refunded.

The weapon list is beyond ridiculous and we're not even halfway to Rank 30 yet.

I'm sorry but I have to disagree.

Because one thing that keeps a lot of people playing is the new weapons.

Why grind dozens of missions or do events when all you're going to get in the end is a skin that doesn't do anything?

And for the events you can't even recolour the Wraith or Vandal weapons, which makes them even worse rewards.

Why go through all the work of farming the void missions when you essentially gain absolutely nothing from it?

Why go through the effort of completing an event when you'll just get an ugly skin that you can't change in any way to make it even look half presentable?

And that is just from the players perspective.

DE would be looking at the massive loss of profits from PA with your idea which is another reason it wouldn't happen...

Thats umbra prime there, here same frame is called umbra.

Actually no, chinesse also call it umbra, umbra prime doesnt exist.

Please provide me with a link in this case because this is the info I got:

"Whole translated ChangYou post (not my translation):

"On the international forums, there has been a discussion led by Rebecca with regards to the chinese warframe. This discussion has lead to confusion over what the Umbra excalibur, Nikana, etc etc. Therefore, we have had a discussion with DE in that effect.

As Rebecca has mentioned, we will be release a series of Umbra warframes (not skins), it is possible that there will be an umbra excalibur as the first of the umbra series however the "Originator's" (which means founder) umbra excalibur prime will not be commonly available. The Umbra Excalibur Prime is an exclusive warframe developed by DE for the Chinese version of warframe and is only available to "Originators". This warframe will not appear in game to purchase under the market nor will it drop in game. We (Changyou) and DE has finalized and agreed on this and will not be changing our position on this."

Please provide me with a link in this case because this is the info I got:

"Whole translated ChangYou post (not my translation):

"On the international forums, there has been a discussion led by Rebecca with regards to the chinese warframe. This discussion has lead to confusion over what the Umbra excalibur, Nikana, etc etc. Therefore, we have had a discussion with DE in that effect.

As Rebecca has mentioned, we will be release a series of Umbra warframes (not skins), it is possible that there will be an umbra excalibur as the first of the umbra series however the "Originator's" (which means founder) umbra excalibur prime will not be commonly available. The Umbra Excalibur Prime is an exclusive warframe developed by DE for the Chinese version of warframe and is only available to "Originators". This warframe will not appear in game to purchase under the market nor will it drop in game. We (Changyou) and DE has finalized and agreed on this and will not be changing our position on this."

"What are we looking at in these threads?

The recent images showcase Excalibur Umbra, Primed Nikana, and Prime Kunai. ChangYou respected that we have forever exclusive content in the global build, but needed something new to ensure Warframe's Beta Launch in China is a success. Excalibur Umbra is the first of a very limited series of 'Umbra' gear that will be coming to the Global Build. The Primed Nikana and Prime Kunai are also timed exclusives that will be coming to the Global Build."

Totaly agree with OP, we should be allowed to wear both excalibur prime and normal exaclibur in both warframes though, I find the lack of exchange of skin between the normal and prime version disapointing because there is no harm done at all for doing that....yet

I can only hope that some day DE get this request along with the highly requested reskin of excalibur and frost primes finaly awnsered.

Edited by Henji

wow this topic didnt get locked :O after i started this and got like 4 ppl raging at me and saying its gotta get locked due to founder hate makes me happy :D. also THANK you for everyone who posted their feelings/thoughs about my idea ^^

Thread title changed to better reflect thread content.

Thread cleaned of rude comments. Please remember to remain respectful of your fellow Tenno.

Moved to General Feedback.

sorry :< kinda new to the whole forum thing, thank you for fixin it :D

wow this topic didnt get locked :O after i started this and got like 4 ppl raging at me and saying its gotta get locked due to founder hate makes me happy :D. also THANK you for everyone who posted their feelings/thoughs about my idea ^^

No, thank YOU, for bringing this up again  ^^, these things are always worth discussing even if you get a few ppl hating you at the end of the day.  Free speech should never be opressed!  :D

Edited by Zyrg

All variants (Prime, Vandal, etc) should be turned into skins and the potato and formas lost refunded.

The weapon list is beyond ridiculous and we're not even halfway to Rank 30 yet.

no? ppl enjoy having variants, they arnt just looks, all of them have different stats. being able to make different builds on weapons is great!

No, thank YOU, for bringing this up again  ^^, these things are always worth discussing even if you get a few ppl hating you at the end of the day.  Free speech should never be opressed!  :D

your welcome ^^, kinda makes me sad how mad ppl get over this, their is nothing wrong giving founder PBR. like how randomy outdated/bad stuff in warframe get fixed. its not like i am asking for them to be OP weapons... just sad that i cant give it more uses and all...

Edited by Urska

Said that from day one, ditto for event weapons.

Nice to see actual founders start asking for this too.

no? ppl enjoy having variants, they arnt just looks, all of them have different stats. being able to make different builds on weapons is great!

Don't lie to yourself, unless you play PvP a lot, this is simply not true. Wraith/Vandal/Syndicate weapons are always better than the originals.

Primes get a pass on being separate entities because them being Primes could potentially lead to some interesting alterations(if DE were better devs), but otherwise there is no reason not to just bring the base variants up to par and make those(Wraith/Vandal/Syndicate) into skins.

Edited by Naqel

Not to be rude and burst your bubble but do you notice who the people are who commented? Mostly founders. The title of your topic got changed by a mod and by doing so the very nature of your post. I will try to say this in a constructive way instead of slandering you and other founders (sorry). Imho, founders should be stuck with what they got for a few reasons.

1: Founders already have a level of exclusivity only shared by a very small portion of the games community.

2. All other Prime Access that have had items buffed were available to the whole community.

3. Doing this will potentially cause huge upset and saltiness for the rest of the player base and only serve to fan the flame of founder haters.

4. DE's time is better spent on EVERYONE as opposed to a very select few.

edit: I do think they should PBR the existing content though.

Edited by (PS4)thinkfasthippie2

Not to be rude and burst your bubble but do you notice who the people are who commented? Mostly founders. The title of your topic got changed by a mod and by doing so the very nature of your post. I will try to say this in a constructive way instead of slandering you and other founders (sorry). Imho, founders should be stuck with what they got for a few reasons.

1: Founders already have a level of exclusivity only shared by a very small portion of the games community.

2. All other Prime Access that have had items buffed were available to the whole community.

3. Doing this will potentially cause huge upset and saltiness for the rest of the player base and only serve to fan the flame of founder haters.

4. DE's time is better spent on EVERYONE as opposed to a very select few.

you didnt at all burst my bubble at all ^^, thank you for trying to be nice about your though about mine, i do not agree with you but thats fine. at least you was nice about it <3~(so used to being attacked over simple questions/post/topic)  TBH when i did this post didnt know they was so much hate for Founders

I thought this was another thread but was asking for skins for non founders of founder items.

But I 100% agree, if a had Excal Prime I would love to be able to use other Excals with the prime skin.

Thanks for seeing this from our side. alot of people cant do it. not even sure if i was on ur side would i be anti founder or not. i may be ok with founders seeing they helped jump started a game i deepy enjoy. 

Edited by Urska

Agree 100%. Ive been constantly wondering if Ill be able to use Excalibur Primes helmet on Excalibur Umbra when he comes out. Those robes/scarfs are so eipic, but I'd miss my Excal Prime helmet. 

Never thought about the weapon idea... but I'm liking it a lot. Having a Lato Prime skin for my Lex Prime would be a dream come true!

TO start, this isnt about making what Founders have better, IE buffing our weapons. I just think at this point Founder should get skins of the Founder weapons, mainly Skana Prime skin be useable on all skanas, or... do i dare say? all 1 handed swords. Umbra Excalibur is coming and i will miss my Excalibur Prime. i bring this up because every time i go to try to make the founder stuff good to use, they fall short or get replaced. IE Prisma Skana  is epic and RiP skana prime. also heard that Umbra will have better stats then prime Excalibur as well... now asking them to buff Founder items is unreasonable due to not everyone can get them. so the best/fair/easyest way to deal with this is give Founders Skins of our goodies. i simple wana be able to show off my founder pride with out hurting my self, so i am bring up my idea, would really like to have my Excalibur Prime helmet on Umbra Excalibur or use my skana prime more. wont bring up lato prime pistol...cuz ya... that thing is questionable. but that as a skin for some pistol would be cool too :3

Thank you for taking this time and reading my idea/freedback. Also thank you for dealing with my bad grammar/spelling.

and to DE, thank you for your hard work on this great game. its great to see how  much have changed over the 2 years i been playing this game. KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK! U18 was epic and easy the most fun i had on warframe in a long while <3~

By A random Founder

Urska <3~

No, you bought 2 weapons and 1 frame, not skins. U must choose which weapon/frame to use, if you like exca prime then use him instead of umbra. 

Also I don't understand moderators attitude. If someone make a post to ask about changes in founder pack exclusivity, the topic get closed instantly, if a founder ask for their weapons , exca prime to be converted into skins (which are both useless and repeated questions) , the thread is cleared from all NO-comments and keeped open. 

Do Founders have other privileges which i was not aware?

Edited by LordCloud00

No, you bought 2 weapons and 1 frame, not skins. U must choose which weapon/frame to use, if you like exca prime then use him instead of umbra. 

Also I don't understand moderators attitude. If someone make a post to ask about changes in founder pack exclusivity, the topic get closed instantly, if a founder ask for their weapons , exca prime to be converted into skins (which are both useless and repeated questions) , the thread is cleared from all NO-comments and keeped open. 

I would say it got something to do with founder stuff being promised as "exclusive" thus theres no reason to discuss it.

However i dont agree on exclusivity and tbh i would like to see it gone.

I would say it got something to do with founder stuff being promised as "exclusive" thus theres no reason to discuss it.

However i dont agree on exclusivity and tbh i would like to see it gone.

petty much lol, all i seen is ppl wanting it give it away to all or removed. and i just want it as skins at this point. its not like any the founder stuff is better/great to start with, and coming with umbra it be really bad to NOT use him over prime, he has like 50 more power str.... 

maybe the fact that ppl wana use it and not be bad doing so? also most founder topics are about making it not founder only items  OR removing it. i know i tried here to bite my tongue, alot of ppl are just mad/hate us and any thing dealing with his is gotta kill the game.

Edited by Urska