Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #65 Overview

AM-Bunny

does anyone have a very rough estimation for u19?

i just REALLY NEED CATBROS

After a bit of research. Each major update (U10,11,12, y'know, the ones that have the main numbers), the gap is usually ~2months or 2 and a half, some are 3. U18 was released on December, so I'd guess U19 on February at least, or March.

Edited by AlphaWolf003

Not a big fan on the Ivara alt helm or the Loki deluxe skin. The Ivara alt helm looks like a worse version of Trinity's aura helm with a robin hood style hat. While Loki's deluxe skin looks like it was taken straight from the Hobgoblin in the spiderman cartoon.

Edited by Xazur

Not a big fan on the Ivara alt helm or the Loki deluxe skin. The Ivara alt helm looks like a worse version of Trinity's aura helm with a robin hood style hat. While Loki's deluxe skin looks like I was taken straight from the Hobglobin in the spiderman cartoon.

I'll confess that I do somewhat resent helmet designs that are such an obvious allusion to the source of inspiration. I prefer the helmets to be a little more vague and open to interpretation - no matter which way you look at it, Ivara's wearing a Robin Hood hat, and I think that cheapens the artistic design of it.

I'll confess that I do somewhat resent helmet designs that are such an obvious allusion to the source of inspiration. I prefer the helmets to be a little more vague and open to interpretation - no matter which way you look at it, Ivara's wearing a Robin Hood hat, and I think that cheapens the artistic design of it.

I kinda feel that way about Limbo, Mesa, and Hydroid. Not specifically their alt helms, (As Mesa's are pretty good examples of the vague and open to interpretation idea, and Hydroid's got some that are relevant but not too obvious.) Even without fore-knowledge of their powers or themes, one can look at them and go "Dapper magician, Cowgirl, and Pirate." I love the look of some of the first frames. Mag and Excal are sleek and simple. Loki and Ember got some weird, interesting stuff going on that eventually grew on me. Rhino fits his theme, but is still distinctly Warframe, y'know?

I was kinda glad to see Equinox, Atlas, and Ivara. Equinox, while being obvious in her theme, has such an abstract theme already that it just kinda fell into place. Atlas is back to that Warframe style, and Ivara's got the weird yet oddly endearing look.

Of course, it was all created by DE, so I suppose it's all technically Warframe's 'style'.

That said, I actually really like the alt helm on the way. I don't know why people don't. I also don't know why everyone sees 'old crone' in Ivara's standard helm. I keep seeing robo-skull with a targeting reticle on it's face. Maybe I'm just a weirdo. XP

P.S. Thanks for the recap as always, Bunny!

• 2 weeks later...