Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #65 Overview

AM-Bunny

What's to be discussed on it? It's just a term implying that they were going to give us a year with quality content. And they did(for the most part at least).

I feel like most people's judgement on this might be clouded by the recent {spoiler}.

It has to be stressed, that the promise was for no placeholders, no rushing things out before they're ready, and to fix what was failing.

Fixes were arguable and not all-encompassing, unpolished content was released anyway.

Looked as a whole, we got beta raids, a beta {spoiler} system, reworks that were equal parts hit and miss.

During a year, that started with the promise to focus on polishing the existing content and balance first.

Mostly just a sendoff - although the news about Nezha is good, and I was really surprised to see the Loki skin, since they've never even mentioned it before.

it isn't really all the surprising, remember how the rhino and saryn deluxes went, de was all over palatine in streams and the like always showing us progress with him yet he didn't arrive until several weeks after the saryn skin which had only been shown once and never spoken of again.

it isn't really all the surprising, remember how the rhino and saryn deluxes went, de was all over palatine in streams and the like always showing us progress with him yet he didn't arrive until several weeks after the saryn skin which had only been shown once and never spoken of again.

Haha true - they showed off a wip model of Trinity's skin, and they mentioned during the last Devstream that Banshee was being worked on and then... pow! Loki skin released in the next 20 days o.o

I feel like most people's judgement on this might be clouded by the recent {spoiler}.

It has to be stressed, that the promise was for no placeholders, no rushing things out before they're ready, and to fix what was failing.

Fixes were arguable and not all-encompassing, unpolished content was released anyway.

Looked as a whole, we got beta raids, a beta {spoiler} system, reworks that were equal parts hit and miss.

During a year, that started with the promise to focus on polishing the existing content and balance first.

Not to mention beta charge attacks that broke thrown weapons and deal about a third of normal attack's damage.

Really, the good things can be counted on one hand.

Hell, I'm still salty for the Saryn rework and for a good reason, she now has 2 abilities when going solo. How cool is that?

Haha true - they showed off a wip model of Trinity's skin, and they mentioned during the last Devstream that Banshee was being worked on and then... pow! Loki skin released in the next 20 days o.o

yup, its best to assume skins are all being worked on in tandem at this point. so when de shows a model of one deluxe you should just take it as all the other skins have just as developed models as well if not further along.

Was worried about a deluxe Loki skin... Thought I'd be digging into the plat vault. Until I saw it... Yeesh.

No offense to any artists affiliated with its conception, but compared to other deluxe skins, especially Rhino's its playing it waaay too safe. It looks like a skinny, un armored Loki. Just doesn't feel unique or special in my opinion.

So much more could have been done.

Maybe they based if off vinilla Loki... Should have done Prime, he has so many more details that could have led to further inspiration.

Was worried about a deluxe Loki skin... Thought I'd be digging into the plat vault. Until I saw it... Yeesh.

No offense to any artists affiliated with its conception, but compared to other deluxe skins, especially Rhino's its playing it waaay too safe. It looks like a skinny, un armored Loki. Just doesn't feel unique or special in my opinion.

So much more could have been done.

Maybe they based if off vinilla Loki... Should have done Prime, he has so many more details that could have led to further inspiration.

my thoughts exactly

I probably will pass on loki's delux skin. Doesnt seem worth the 150plat.

i cant stand the loki skin, will not use it, even the new saryn skin "is a bit heavy" in the moves, im not shure if im interested in the prime version of saryn, some things go too abstract for me, i like it more original, ash original is nice for me, the prime ash is strange, and a few things more, so i play that stuff which i feel good with

cant wait for giving a bit honour to banshee for a wonderful primed version ...

for everything else, thx to rebecca and the devs in the stream, i wish the whole DE-team/-company a time to chill all out ^^))

and thx to bunny for your good job (^^

After the fuckup with Saryn, do we really need she as a prime now?

Maybe she will get the Hp+ and then it was the improvement for a prime. gg

To be fair, it would be even more infuriating if they released the Saryn revamp after Saryn Prime came out... imagine spending $140 on the package, only to be greeted with those changes a few weeks down the road... at least now oyu know what you're getting into.

Looks like Loki needs to shed a few pounds before he can fit his new costume. The rapier looks nice and that Ivara alt helm is... well I was expecting a feathered cap a la Robin Hood anyway and hopefully DE will name it Loxley as that name was more fitting to alt helm but that thing is hideous.

But now DE will put out the "bestest" accessories imaginable for Saryn Prime Accessory pack to coax...ummm persuade people (who don't like the changes but can't live without accessories) into purchasing it. Bundle bundle bundle... bundle things we want with things we don't without many bundle options. *cough palentineVaultPrimeAccess,HunhowGiftcough* (highly opinionated)

*Disclaimer* I don't have an opinion on the rework (as in being bad or good); still waiting on console.  

Edit: A response to this 

AM-Bunny, on 11 Dec 2015 - 2:53 PM, said:

To be fair, it would be even more infuriating if they released the Saryn revamp after Saryn Prime came out... imagine spending $140 on the package, only to be greeted with those changes a few weeks down the road... at least now oyu know what you're getting into.

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName