Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Silva And Aegis- It Is Time.

(PSN)Karkinnos

For too long has my favorite blade and blase shield sat unused; mocked by all around for being effective a higher status Skana, mocked for being inferior to all other weapons because it can't crit+ berzerker, nor can it raw damage increase to the point of not needing it.

It's time DE. We need Faction Melee weapons; and my vote is for Telos Silva and Aegis. The Arbiters focusing on a balance between warrior and scholar perfectly fits with the weapons design of Offense and defense as one. A small damage buff (Perhaps 10 points more to keep it light) and a small attack speed increase (.1-.15 max) would go soooooo far with this most beautiful and flavorful of Tenno weapons. I wouldn't mind a 5% bump to status either but that might be too good on the already 20% and relatively fast attack and combo speed weapon that procs like crazy with 4 dual status mods.

I highly doubt I am the popular opinion, I highly doubt anyone will flat out agree with me, but it's the weapon we all need, not the weapon we all want~

Also Ack and Brunt looks a bit silly on anybody not rocking gerenier cosplay~

Adding more damage is nice and all, but as long as the shield aspect of it is utterly ineffective then It still has a massive problem. IMO, along with giving it 100% block while actively blocking, the stances need to be reworked from the ground up to include blocking along with the attacks.

Edited by rapt0rman

Adding more damage is nice and all, but as long as the shield aspect of it is utterly ineffective then It still has a massive problem. IMO, along with giving it 100% block while actively blocking, the stances need to be reworked from the ground up to include blocking along with the attacks.

this should be a thing for all sword and shield weapons 

I also agree...if there is a syndicate weapon version of the S&A, it should be for Red Veil 

Hmm it would fit on the Red Veil too, and while I detest those fire nazi's Revolutionists, I do wish to see the S&A get a well deserved buff it so direly deserves.

Also the only reason it was put in the Tenno lab was because the Tenno lab had just launched and they where trying to fit as much Tenno items in it as possible.

And while Boltace does fit the rest of the Bolto theme of the Arbiters' it's probably one weapon that DOESN'T need syndicate status, as it's still really good on it's own.

As for the shield doing nothing; it actually does a lot, 85% damage reduction while blocking is better than any other weapon in the game- becomes 100% if you chose to channel; though most people without large energy pools or good regen methods don't bother with Power Blocking.

Edited by (PS4)Karkinnos

I don't see how it fits the Red Veil in the slightest.  Red Veil offer assassin weapons.  A sword and shield, even if the sword IS made of fire, is not an assassin weapon.

Suda may be the closest to a fit, in my opinion.  Suda favors less "conventional" weapons with a more utility or defensive tilt.  Short ranged beams and AEs, status/blast effect on simple or slow weaponry on its augments.  They might be the ones that could see usefullness in their operators bothering to block attacks, and also seem the most likely to favor an elemental weapon over something solid.

EDIT:  All that said, this is a great looking weapon, and I agree that one way or another should be brought up to snuff with the others so it can see more play.

Edited by Thrymm

Hmmm, it's not the first time Suda would come out of nowhere with a strange  normally unconventional weapon; I would still love to see S&A get the buff it needs and faction weapon would provide that. Dunno how well Suda's blast of magnetic and energy regain would be on-

Actually; that's damn near perfect for the weapon; considering how you can channel energy with the shield and block 100% damage, meaning you could keep a energy harmony with the weapon by blocking big hits; killing smaller enemies, doing a blast pulse, then getting your energy back to go back to step one.