The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spending My Plat?

Genosez

Question

13 answers to this question

1st don't spend all

12 slots for frames

30 slots for weapons

1-2 good color palette (recommend tenno and saturated)

2 syndanas (my pick uru & asa)

some other cosmetic you particularly like, check "packs" - sentinel armor pack, edo or daedalus armor pack, liset skin ....

you can buy 2 good and cheap primed frames from other players, like loki(must have, rly) and nyx 40-50P /piece

you can buy excal in market if you're started with volt /mag

you could grab essential mods like flow, seration etc for 5P piecce if you don't have them

when you determine what frame you like pick few syndicate mods for it

don't buy weapons, frames or stuff you can farm. Where is fun at that?

That's pretty much it. 

You wil spend more to potatoe gear you like to use

again, don't spend all

1) Lots of Warframe slots

2) Lots of Weapon slots

3) Companion slots (Sentinel and Kubrow)

4) Cosmetic items (armour sets, colour palettes, skins - helmets are farmable)

5) Items on sale you reeeeaaaallly want, if it's at least 50% off.

6) Stuff from trading chat that is either unavailable and not likely to return anytime soon, or stuff you've tried hundreds of hours trying to farm unsuccessfully.

You can get almost everything without spending plat except for slots. It will take a long time, but that's the way the game has been designed. If you're a patient person, then you will only ever need to spend plat on the first 4 points on this list.

Edited by mindlord0013

Weapon slots (You'll want more than you think). Warframe slots. Keep some for greater lenses. A color packs or two. Sentinel slots. Kubrow stasis slots. Cosmetics.

In that order.

There's plenty to spend it on that will stay with you without going to the cesspool known as trade chat. If there's a specific frame you favor then you might place a Premium Skin higher up the order. The above can wipe out 1k plat very quickly.

Kudo's for supporting the game.

Edited by Kihana

Donations for the unloved and most unused frame. Offerings to the Banshee Goddess. A Banshee. Maybe a potato for Banshee too... Or just lots of slots.

maybe ill go with the "just lots of slots" XD

1) Lots of Warframe slots

2) Lots of Weapon slots

3) Companion slots (Sentinel and Kubrow)

4) Cosmetic items (armour sets, colour palettes, skins - helmets are farmable)

5) Items on sale you reeeeaaaallly want, if it's at least 50% off.

6) Stuff from trading chat that is either unavailable and not likely to return anytime soon, or stuff you've tried hundreds of hours trying to farm unsuccessfully.

You can get almost everything without spending plat except for slots. It will take a long time, but that's the way the game has been designed. If you're a patient person, then you will only ever need to spend plat on the first 4 points on this list.

hm any recommended sentinel to buy?

Weapon slots (You'll want more than you think). Warframe slots. Keep some for greater lenses. A color packs or two. Sentinel slots. Kubrow stasis slots. Cosmetics.

In that order.

There's plenty to spend it on that will stay with you without going to the cesspool known as trade chat. If there's a specific frame you favor then you might place a Premium Skin higher up the order. The above can wipe out 1k plat very quickly.

Kudo's for supporting the game.

ya i think immaa buy a lots of slots for my fav weps n framesss. thank u

1st don't spend all

12 slots for frames

30 slots for weapons

1-2 good color palette (recommend tenno and saturated)

2 syndanas (my pick uru & asa)

some other cosmetic you particularly like, check "packs" - sentinel armor pack, edo or daedalus armor pack, liset skin ....

you can buy 2 good and cheap primed frames from other players, like loki(must have, rly) and nyx 40-50P /piece

you can buy excal in market if you're started with volt /mag

you could grab essential mods like flow, seration etc for 5P piecce if you don't have them

when you determine what frame you like pick few syndicate mods for it

don't buy weapons, frames or stuff you can farm. Where is fun at that?

That's pretty much it. 

You wil spend more to potatoe gear you like to use

again, don't spend all

noted sir!. thankies

I agree with many of these posts. Get lots of weapon slots @ 2 for 12...i'd get 20 super cheap. Get a few warframe slots / sent slots. Slots slots slots because without them, you can't do a whole lot anyway.

Then personally because i'm too impatient to wait forever for alerts, i'd get a few reactors, potatoes, forma etc. This way as you're farming and filling in all those new slots you just opened up, if you find stuff you really like, you can amplify them right away to enjoy it more.

Wouldn't really use them to outright buy frames / weapons. Most of that stuff is obnoxiously quick and easy to farm once you learn it all. Most frames besides the rare few with crazy quest chains take as little as an hour to fully farm out. Most weapons you can build right quick etc.

hm any recommended sentinel to buy?

My personal advice is to not buy sentinels. Their blueprints are a bit expensive (in terms of credit cost), but you are much better off crafting them. Carrier is subjectively the best companion, Carrier Prime is just as good but is even more durable. Helios is a good second sentinel, especially if you're too lazy to scan things yourself (*ahem*, that might be me). The problem is, Helios costs credits to maintain (buying scanners) and sadly isn't compatible with the Simaris Scanner (thereby betting infinite free scans).

Kubrows will be your best friend if you want a combat companion, or if you want a stealth, CC, or shield support utility. Kubrows have superior utility compared to their sentinel counterpart in every instance, except for loot collection (Carrier wins), long range support/damage (Kubrows are melee...) and Scanning things (there isn't an equivalent).

Most people have given pretty good advice so far. When it comes to cosmetics, it's entirely a matter of personal preference. Don't forget, you can get all cosmetic helmets from alerts (patience is needed). Syandanas are a matter of personal preference - some people like billowy cloth physics, some people like the simple metallic one, some people like buying everything. DE often releases seasonal event colour palettes which cost about 1 credit (some past examples include Halloween, Shamrock (St. Patrick's Day), Easter, "Red, White, and Blue" (Independence Day), and Valentine).

I cannot stress enough, save your plat as much as you can especially as a new player. Once you've invested enough time into the game and feel you want to support DE because you feel they've earned it, then start spending plat more frivolously.

My personal advice is to not buy sentinels. Their blueprints are a bit expensive (in terms of credit cost), but you are much better off crafting them. Carrier is subjectively the best companion, Carrier Prime is just as good but is even more durable. Helios is a good second sentinel, especially if you're too lazy to scan things yourself (*ahem*, that might be me). The problem is, Helios costs credits to maintain (buying scanners) and sadly isn't compatible with the Simaris Scanner (thereby betting infinite free scans).

Kubrows will be your best friend if you want a combat companion, or if you want a stealth, CC, or shield support utility. Kubrows have superior utility compared to their sentinel counterpart in every instance, except for loot collection (Carrier wins), long range support/damage (Kubrows are melee...) and Scanning things (there isn't an equivalent).

Most people have given pretty good advice so far. When it comes to cosmetics, it's entirely a matter of personal preference. Don't forget, you can get all cosmetic helmets from alerts (patience is needed). Syandanas are a matter of personal preference - some people like billowy cloth physics, some people like the simple metallic one, some people like buying everything. DE often releases seasonal event colour palettes which cost about 1 credit (some past examples include Halloween, Shamrock (St. Patrick's Day), Easter, "Red, White, and Blue" (Independence Day), and Valentine).

I cannot stress enough, save your plat as much as you can especially as a new player. Once you've invested enough time into the game and feel you want to support DE because you feel they've earned it, then start spending plat more frivolously.

hm i see, ya i think ill be patient and crafting the sentinel. 

thanks for ur answer sir ! :)