Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stationary Skills Don't Fit Fragile Frames.

Tchesco

95% damage resistance... fragile... mesa.

Yup you know how to play mesa :D

I play her enough to know that you can't cast Shatter Shield while using Peacemaker. Also, the cost is pretty heavy for a damaging skill that does not even scale with weapon mods Edited by Tchesco

I'm not sure if you either only use their 4. . . Or you actually use all their skills but only paying attention to their 4.

The whole point of this thread is the Peacemaker. You stay still while shooting and what you gain? Nothing. Every good player knows that geting less mobile reduces your survivability unless you're in the confortable Snow Globe.

No frame should be dependant of other frames to make an ultimate skill be functional

The whole point of this thread is the Peacemaker. You stay still while shooting and what you gain? Nothing. Every good player knows that geting less mobile reduces your survivability unless you're in the confortable Snow Globe.

No frame should be dependant of other frames to make an ultimate skill be functional

The title of the thread is, 'Stationary Skills Don't Fit Fragile Frames.' Others have pointed out that Mesa isn't fragile with 95% DR to projectiles.

If you want to discuss issues with Peacemaker specifically then make a different thread.

Edited by JuicyPop

The title of the thread is, 'Stationary Skills Don't Fit Fragile Frames.' Others have pointed out that Mesa isn't fragile with 95% DR to projectiles.

If you want to discuss issues with Peacemaker specifically then make a different thread.

And I ask again: can you cast Shatter Shield while using Peacemaker?

Also, DOES Peacemaker REALLY scales in the game outside of Draco and early waves of T4 Defenses?

Also, DOES Peacemaker REALLY scales in the game outside of Draco and early waves of T4 Defenses?

You can cast it before, you know? Plus, with how the ability currently works, its a bad idea to keep on peacemaker mode ad infinitum, so that *uncasting peacemaker*-->*casting shatter shield*-->*recast peacemaker* is actually ratter beneficial.

You should be dipping in and out of Peacemaker to catch energy from plates, EV, etc. and to refresh buffs or re-position yourself. The fact that you are unable to recast Shatter Shield under Peacemaker is irrelevant to your original point.

You can certainly take issue with current balancing points, but Peacemaker's damage potential was not the original point of this thread. Create a new one if you that is what you wish to discuss.

Edited by JuicyPop

I think OP is right when if when Mesa uses Peacemaker she cannot use her 95% DR power then she is a fragile frame, her normal state is fragile and peace maker is a stationary power.

I think that the inclusion of stationary powers on fragile frames is probably an oversight by DE TBH as it doesn't make much sense when you actually think about it.

To be blunt here; Peacemaker just simply doesn't scale at all.

The whole "Mesa's abilities are better in Draco" fiasco is biased since well, of course i know everyone uses it, OP. Everyone knows. You know you yourself uses it.

Banshee shines in a team. Sound Quake shines in a team. All of her abilities benefit the team. She's more of a team buffer than Rhino. And it's sad truth that i very happily accept since it makes Rhino look like a worthless little pile of trash that he is.

I think OP is right when if when Mesa uses Peacemaker she cannot use her 95% DR power.

She can have both active at the same time. Just a matter of recasting and tactical positioning. Avoid all the enemy melee combatants.

Banshee shines in a team. Sound Quake shines in a team. All of her abilities benefit the team. She's more of a team buffer than Rhino. And it's sad truth that i very happily accept since it makes Rhino look like a worthless little pile of trash that he is.

She can have both active at the same time. Just a matter of recasting and tactical positioning. Avoid all the enemy melee combatants.

Rhino is not supposed to be a buffer though, but a CC Tank. Roar is just icing on the cake. Although, there is a thread in this section that is already calling for a greater Rhino buff than what he had in U18, as supposedly he is still "a mediocre tank". So maybe I'm just wrong with my first statement.

Agre with your second sentence, Peacemaker is meant to be used in shot bursts. Would just be good if the damage scaled better (off secondary's elementals, for ex) and if RMB could change the aiming circle from small to big at will.

Banshee I can agree with. Her survivablility relies on movement to keep the enemies stunned and killing before she can be killed. Staying in one spot is a terrible idea, even more so in solo. She relies completely on her teammates when using soundquake.

Mesa...if you pay attention and recast when necessary, she's really quite tanky with 95% DR. I see no problem there.

Uh..Yea, it's better than iron skin, vex armor, Valkyr base armor and other things. She's probably the tankiest frame in the game discounting Hysteria because shatter shield is straight up broken. Not to mention her 2 and 3 synergies are absurd. One deflects rockets, napalm shots and so on, the other deflects damage back the the assailant.  

If Mesa's 1 and 4 weren't so bad, she'd be a god tier frame dude.  

That's why nobody use Banshee's 4.

And Mesa's 4 is bad anyway, since it deals DPS of an average gun.

Yep totally true... banshees 4 range is so lame i only saw a banshee casting it once bcuz there was a bug which allowed her to use the ult and move away while it was still being casted