Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ominous Loading Screen Message?[Megathread]

Cleesus

"Good night, sweet angel." = To remotely and fully control an avatar, having all motor signals from one's brain sent not to your real body, but to the intended Warframe instead would result in your true body taking on a sleep-like state where it does not move. 

Great interpretation!! About this last message, since lotus was the one in charge of destroying the tenno, maybe she is putting us to sleep again. Just a though though.

Also, since the sentients seems mechanical and the the infested keep telling us that we are flesh just like them, maybe us tennos are some kind of biological parasites that can get inside mechanical suits(tin-suits, maroo hint).

I just got this transmission when joining Dark Sector Defense - Sechura in Pluto. Never seen it happen before so i had to rush to the forums to see what it was about.

Im curious about the translation made by bowiespoon the part it says "Good night sweet angel". Is that referring to the Lotus or is it a spoiler of something yet to come?

But if what campainger said is correct then wouldnt that mean that if a warframe is destroyed while being operated by the tenno then they truly die

I think that the mind is permenantly outside the orignial body but the body itself supplys the warframe with the void energy to fight. If the origninal body dies then the warframe can still work on its own but without the abillity to use its powers, but if the warframe dies then so dose the actuall person because their mind can not be transfered back to their origninal body.

Wait a minute, if this is a hint on how the tenno work then maby its a hint on how to kill sentients

If sentients work the same way but somehow "inperfect" then maby its that blue orb in the middle

Sentients would keep getting back up unless you destroy the orb in the middle, and the orb would be their collective consciousness and energy.

Maby just Maby

The tenno are sentients.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by williamwatsonMH4

Wait a minute, if this is a hint on how the tenno work then maby its a hint on how to kill sentients

If sentients work the same way but somehow "inperfect" then maby its that blue orb in the middle

Sentients would keep getting back up unless you destroy the orb in the middle, and the orb would be their collective consciousness and energy.

Maby just Maby

The tenno are sentients.

maxresdefault.jpg

No, we are not Sentients.

I watched a bit of a DK and his theories and it got some gears turning in my head

If I may add a theory: The Neural Sentry may be dying or more likely being attacked by the Sentient, They are poisoned by the void so wouldn't destroying it make sense. They could accomplish this through controlling the Tenno (Chroma quest, why would he be fighting you unless something other than the Lotus had taken the wheel) Sentient likely had some kind of malicious code inserted into the void (akin to mobile defense) or had the tenno they controlled attack the sentry directly, as a backup the sentry may be transferring to moon or reactivating the moon base as a procedure intended to protect the Orokin if the Sentient ever won against them and destroyed the Void Towers. This also opens a possibility... with the Void destroyed and prime warframes unavailable wouldn't the Orokin want a back up guard as well, like something hidden away in the dark of the moon, something the Sentient have no idea about... here enters the Umbra (Latin word for Shadow) Warframes.

Any Thoughts on this?

I watched a bit of a DK and his theories and it got some gears turning in my head

If I may add a theory: The Neural Sentry may be dying or more likely being attacked by the Sentient, They are poisoned by the void so wouldn't destroying it make sense. They could accomplish this through controlling the Tenno (Chroma quest, why would he be fighting you unless something other than the Lotus had taken the wheel) Sentient likely had some kind of malicious code inserted into the void (akin to mobile defense) or had the tenno they controlled attack the sentry directly, as a backup the sentry may be transferring to moon or reactivating the moon base as a procedure intended to protect the Orokin if the Sentient ever won against them and destroyed the Void Towers. This also opens a possibility... with the Void destroyed and prime warframes unavailable wouldn't the Orokin want a back up guard as well, like something hidden away in the dark of the moon, something the Sentient have no idea about... here enters the Umbra (Latin word for Shadow) Warframes.

Any Thoughts on this?

So, Grineer are actually so blind? Lotus is unaware of Umbras existence? What will Umbras do? Support Lotus? Why? Their masters and creators are gone. Their archnemesis is back. Humanity and civilization are divided into Corpus and Grineer.  What would they do?

So, Grineer are actually so blind? Lotus is unaware of Umbras existence? What will Umbras do? Support Lotus? Why? Their masters and creators are gone. Their archnemesis is back. Humanity and civilization are divided into Corpus and Grineer.  What would they do?

Well I'm not sure about the original umbra tenno (helping, being alive at this point, or anything else), but their frames may be of use. And (speculating) Grineer like Tyl Regor may be interested in finding Sentient and Orokin tech, but in-game what possible clue would they have that anything was on the moon (aside from not even being activated yet(so Orokin architecture could still be under the surface, in shadows, etc.): it may or may not be Earth's moon, the grineer aren't famous for being speculative thinkers, Lotus is a Sentient too, and if this was a last haven against the Sentient only the highest caste of Orokin would know, not the tenno, grineer, or even corpus)

Well I'm not sure about the original umbra tenno (helping, being alive at this point, or anything else), but their frames may be of use. And (speculating) Grineer like Tyl Regor may be interested in finding Sentient and Orokin tech, but in-game what possible clue would they have that anything was on the moon (aside from not even being activated yet(so Orokin architecture could still be under the surface, in shadows, etc.): it may or may not be Earth's moon, the grineer aren't famous for being speculative thinkers, Lotus is a Sentient too, and if this was a last haven against the Sentient only the highest caste of Orokin would know, not the tenno, grineer, or even corpus)

This makes sense. Lotus is completely unaware of Umbras. They were created to protect Orokin, bur from what kind of threat? Not from complete extermination, It seems. I think, their true purpose is to protect the Universe from Sentients, in case they would return.

Edited by Charles_Rex

This makes sense. Lotus is completely unaware of Umbras. They were created to protect Orokin, bur from what kind of threat? Not from complete extermination, It seems. I think, their true purpose is to protect the Universe from Sentients, in case they would return.

As I said, the moon may be the last haven, the umbras were intended as the last line of defense. The Orokin are selfish as far as the sanctuary data illustrates so naturally they keep their trump card for high privledged castes. And yes it was a defense against extermination, but they expected the Sentients to be the ones to do it, not the Tenno. In other words, umbras were possibly made because tenno and primes were expected to lose and die, just like the original Mirage.

But if what campainger said is correct then wouldnt that mean that if a warframe is destroyed while being operated by the tenno then they truly die

I think that the mind is permenantly outside the orignial body but the body itself supplys the warframe with the void energy to fight. If the origninal body dies then the warframe can still work on its own but without the abillity to use its powers, but if the warframe dies then so dose the actuall person because their mind can not be transfered back to their origninal body.

doesnt Vor mention tearing corpses out of warframes and also the Excalibur codex states that the warframes were built around the "survivors who returned from the void* I dont think that Warframes are remote controls (as why would a remote control suit need oxygen and why would it bleed?)

back on topic i think this is all about the void being destroyed.

Any Thoughts on this?

DK is wrong go back and read Campaigner's post about the Void link severed being our link to the warframe being severed by a sentient carrier and Lotus putting us back to sleep and re-syncing us up with our warframe.

I would like to present my interpretation of the translations provided thus far: that the Tenno's remote-controling OS is showing its Warframe connection reestablishment protocol window.

Quotes are in bold. Definitions are in normal text. Interpretive analysis is in italics. 

"Void-Link Severed" = Seems like the Tenno lost connection from the Warframe temporarily. 

"Reason foreigner carrier detected. Origin Unknown. Suspection Trapping Signal. Reinitializing dipolar connection in novel(/naval?) carrier." = Interference from something occurred. Sentient or Orokin tech messing with the Tenno-Warframe link perhaps?

"Bio in standby for check and sync." = Warframe being prepped to be sync'd with the Tenno operator. The "bio" likely refers to the Warframe unit which does bleed and would thus necessarily have a nervous system, controlled by some intermediary that receives commands from the Tenno.

"Motion compensation complete." = "Motion compensation describes a picture in terms of the transformation of a reference picture to the current picture. The reference picture may be previous in time or even from the future. When images can be accurately synthesized from previously transmitted/stored images, the compression efficiency can be improved (wikipedia)."

This makes it seem like all sensory data from the Warframe is sent to the Tenno in a more compressed, efficient state to make response time faster to compensate for distance lag.

"Selenic lensing locked" = "Selenic" (meaning related to the Moon) & "lensing" (referring to focusing of energy). Somehow, the moon seems to be related to Tenno-Warframe link upkeep. 

"Somatic control established" = "Somatic" (of the body). This must be the "check" stated earlier in the link protocol. The intermediary component in the Waframe (like an artificial thalamus acting as the central relay hub between the biological Warframe and the distant Tenno) likely checks to see that it can relay orders to the nervous system and sends feedback to the Tenno's operating system. This check was positive.

"Margulis(?) implantation intact. EVM status nominal." = EVM (electronic voltmeter/error vector magnitude?). Whatever these implantation and EVM components may be, they must be vital.

"War platform awaiting sync." = The later step of the "Bio in standby for check and sync" line stated earlier. The check resulted in "somatic control established" and now the Warframe is prepared to receive synchronization though the "selenic lensing" that has already been established.

"Initializing somatic overlay." = Overlay (to cover, mount, diffuse over). This must be the stage where the Tenno's consciousness appears to inhabit the Warframe avatar."Good night, sweet angel." = To remotely and fully control an avatar, having all motor signals from one's brain sent not to your real body, but to the intended Warframe instead would result in your true body taking on a sleep-like state where it does not move. 

This here is the best theory out of all theories so far.

Make sure DK reads that.

DK is wrong go back and read Campaigner's post about the Void link severed being our link to the warframe being severed by a sentient carrier and Lotus putting us back to sleep and re-syncing us up with our warframe.

Make sure DK reads that.

And where is the theory itself? We know that this message is clearly some technical preparations to activate Warframe, like the suit and systems check. The most interesting part - Void link severed. Origin unknown - so, it's clearly not Orokin, neither Grineer or Corpus. They can be identified without any problems. So, there must be some place where this Sentient drones came from. I doubt they are capable of planet-planet teleportation. Could this be a Sentient vessel?

Make sure DK reads that.

Don't know how I would go about that, but that's a good theory too