The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats With All The Chinese Stuff?

jmp2010

DE literally sold out to China in a move that has drawn disdain from nearly the entire Warframe community. Essentially, the Chinese market is priority now and will get Chinese themed frames/weapons/etc. -and get them first. They also have a China-specific Founders pack, despite DE promising to never do that again.

Part of me understands the business aspect, but another part feels like the Chinese market deserves no special treatment. It's their S#&$ laws that have prevented them from playing until now. They didn't support this game from the beginning, playing through three years of development.

I try to not fall into the trap of being whiney "it's not fair", but I've had beloved games fall into ruin/disappear because of the Chinese/Korean business model. Look at Cryptic.

most of the community doesn't know or believe it happened. I've had much debate on the forums that basically end with people thinking I'm a conspiracy theorist. Simply voicing a concern about a noticeable tren.

I'm waiting for Warframe to link with Sesame system

https://youtu.be/lHcTKWiZ8sI

most of the community doesn't know or believe it happened. I've had much debate on the forums that basically end with people thinking I'm a conspiracy theorist. Simply voicing a concern about a noticeable tren.

I'm waiting for Warframe to link with Sesame system

https://youtu.be/lHcTKWiZ8sI

Well, it only took a little digging, but if others don't believe you, just send them to this link: http://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2014/10/partnership-announced

It's on DE's own website. There's a link to the full partnership agreement with all the legal speak(pdf on a Hong Kong-based address). Was reading over it and at one part was thinking that Sumpo had just bought Class B shares(no voting rights), but all of the shares(Common and Class B) were split the same.

Page 10 and 11 has a before-and-after chart that makes it pretty easy to see.

China frame is the best thing to ever happen to DE. Were getting twice the frames and DE funding everything from mocap studios to hiring community artists to make deluxe skins for us.

Few hate the China elements, just forums allow the minority to be very vocal is all. Even us console tenno are WAY ahead of their version (they're now U17 by the way)

DE sold a chunk of company to a Chinese firm that wanted to diversify its portfolio. This allows DE to qualify to sell its IP in China. The publisher, Changyou, gives DE notes on China specific market content and DE serves it up for a limited exclusive period. All this content makes its way back to Global build.

China frame is the best thing to ever happen to DE. Were getting twice the frames and DE funding everything from mocap studios to hiring community artists to make deluxe skins for us.

Few hate the China elements, just forums allow the minority to be very vocal is all. Even us console tenno are WAY ahead of their version (they're now U17 by the way)

Sorry, but I feel the game has gotten more Grind Intensive since the acquisition.

Sorry, but I feel the game has gotten more Grind Intensive since the acquisition.

You are of course entitled to feel how you feel, but the increase in grind elements is unlikely related to the partnership. DE just ran out of bosses. So, they started making keys to reach bosses, and then new systems to acquire frames. Void rotations for Primes, of course, but alerts for Vauben, and alert resource for Wukong, sorties for Nehza, etc. (not meant as an exhaustive list)

Points is, its more of an issue of were to put it all, and padding, and incentivizing purchases. None of that has anything to do with its partnership with the Chinese firm formally known as Sumpo. With the new star chart, it will be interesting to see if it improves the grind situation, or only marginally attenuates it.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

Can anyone find me solid information other then 'they sky is falling'?  Because... as far as I remember, Warframe is it's own thing, the only thing they own rights to is the Chineese version, their stocks counting just for their country and what they do with Warframe over there.  The only reason Wukong, Nezah, ect.  came over?  People asked for them, over, and over.  Now that we have them... we have like 20+ complaint post's a week and plenty of Xenophobic or hateful people are coming up and basically asking to return to sender as if Two out of Twenty Five frames, not including primes... will kill the game.  I mean it's not like anyone's forced to play them, just look at Wukong.  Nobody, NOBODY plays him.  Lol.

Can anyone find me solid information other then 'they sky is falling'?  Because... as far as I remember, Warframe is it's own thing, the only thing they own rights to is the Chineese version, their stocks counting just for their country and what they do with Warframe over there.  The only reason Wukong, Nezah, ect.  came over?  People asked for them, over, and over.  Now that we have them... we have like 20+ complaint post's a week and plenty of Xenophobic or hateful people are coming up and basically asking to return to sender as if Two out of Twenty Five frames, not including primes... will kill the game.  I mean it's not like anyone's forced to play them, just look at Wukong.  Nobody, NOBODY plays him.  Lol.

This link has the full agreement: http://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2014/10/partnership-announced

If you can understand the contract it should answer anything you have.

Many games companies are owned in part by companies like Sumpo Food Holdings or have been at some level, nothing new here and not the first game that has a Chinese version of it nor will it be the last. Even if Chinaframe gets X and Global doesn't so what, there so much stuff in the game already that having X or not means little and thus far most of what has been in China has come out here (for better or worse)

In what way? DE has to find new ways to keep playing. Us "end game" players have copius amounts of the old resources, more plat and creds than we will ever spend and can cream any node in the galaxy (even solo), To keep us going they have to find new ways to keep us coming back - hence once per day raids, sorties etc. Argon degrading or alertium, stupid high research costs and then focus system. Log in 2.0 another carrot on a stick (dem exclusives)

Were not compelled to do any of it yet we do... as we want something. Buying BP then build is great... but 7 days from it your shiney new toy is shelved and your bored again.

Well, it only took a little digging, but if others don't believe you, just send them to this link: http://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2014/10/partnership-announced

It's on DE's own website. There's a link to the full partnership agreement with all the legal speak(pdf on a Hong Kong-based address). Was reading over it and at one part was thinking that Sumpo had just bought Class B shares(no voting rights), but all of the shares(Common and Class B) were split the same.

Page 10 and 11 has a before-and-after chart that makes it pretty easy to see.

Incorrect, I've included the two pages you referenced.

The charts are Before and After the acquisition. All stock percents listed are voting shares, not class B shared. Class B shares were also exchanged but the point is that sufficient voting shares were sold that give Sumpo majority control.

HPlhnVE.jpg

g0UuGSP.jpg

In what way? DE has to find new ways to keep playing. Us "end game" players have copius amounts of the old resources, more plat and creds than we will ever spend and can cream any node in the galaxy (even solo), To keep us going they have to find new ways to keep us coming back - hence once per day raids, sorties etc. Argon degrading or alertium, stupid high research costs and then focus system. Log in 2.0 another carrot on a stick (dem exclusives)

Were not compelled to do any of it yet we do... as we want something. Buying BP then build is great... but 7 days from it your shiney new toy is shelved and your bored again.

DE is not "adding new resources" they are adding time walls. No matter how much time I play the game I can't get more than 1 piece of Nezha, Dera, etc at day. Even if I spend 24 hours playing straight.