The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What The Heck Are Vaults And How Do I Do Vault Runs?

MegaArthur

Question

9 answers to this question

In the market are blueprints for making Derelict keys. U make them.

Vault runs require another blueprints for keys(requires a void key to make) and you equip them to your frame(1 of 4) and search the Derelict missions for Vaults(usually hidden in areas away from the path to the objective). Each Vault opens with only one specific key(can only carry 1 at a time so squads are a must).

• Like 1

On orokin derelicts missions a special room spawns, that is called a vault, but the vault is locked with a key and you need one in your inventory to open it, there are 4 different types of keys which are called dragon keys, the door is only opened by one of those keys (4 keys ,4 players).

You can only carry one key at a time, and that key will hinder you in some way, be it lowering your health or shields, slowing you down to a stroll speed, or making you do almost no damage. You came buy key blueprints from the market and make them in the foundry at the cost of a key and some resources

Inside the vault are special mods that can only be aquired this way.

There are several definitions but generally the warframe wiki is the end all be all of answers for this stuff.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Orokin derelict (you can get the keys to build off market) missions have these vaults in them, they take one of four keys to open. You must equip a key (you can only equip one) in a gear slot. It can do things like reduce shield,s health, speed or damage drastically. You do the mission and find the vault door to open. Once you open the vault you get a corrupted mod, one that has a positive and negative attribute. I've stumbled on empty vaults before though. You also get a piece (you need 5) to build the quest key for mirage's quest.

I have always done these as exterminates and killed everything first because the mobs get nasty and the key holder gets afflicted after the mod is claimed. You don't want anything left alive crawling around when you claim the mod. Everyone in the party gets the mod.

I've done these with two or three people, oddly, one of us always had the key, except one time, and that time we should have had the key but one of us was wearing the wrong key. We didn't wear the health reduction key if that helps, so maybe that lock is rarer.

Well typically there is a wiki for that but let me break it down simply.

1. Go to the market on your liset.

2. Go to the page that says gear.

3. Buy all the dragon key bps.

4. Buy Derilect Exterminate key.

5. Go to your foundry build all that you bought.

6. Find 3 more people.

7. All wear different dragon keys.

8. Find vault in mission.

9. Profit(?)

10. Repeat from step 5.

Well typically there is a wiki for that but let me break it down simply.

1. Go to the market on your liset.

2. Go to the page that says gear.

3. Buy all the dragon key bps.

4. Buy Derilect Capture key.

5. Go to your foundry build all that you bought.

6. Find 3 more people.

7. All wear different dragon keys.

8. Find vault in mission.

9. Profit(?)

10. Repeat from step 5.

FTFY