Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Post U18

Genitive

Hello Tenno,

as you already know, the introduction of charge attacks messed up melee a little. I decided to create this topic in order to track things that changed and/or require attention. So if I forget about something or you have some ideas, please post here.

Here we go.

1. Obsolete melee attack before charge - holding E results in doing a standard attack and then charge, which unnecesarily prolongs charge. This is especially an issue with thrown weapons.

2. Holding E does not break combos - this relates to thrown weapons and blade and whip (and possibly gunblades, but I don't have one). Before U18 it was possible to break melee combos to throw a weapon. Now only basic combo is breakable by charge; when you hold E while doing a stance combo you finish the combo instead of throwing/charging.

3. Running backwards - when performing back directional melee combo your character moves slightly backwards. I know I don't have to press back all the time while doing a combo, but it was much more convinient before U18, because I was able to press back, run forward, perform the combo I wanted, and forget about the world. I would like to see that back.

4. Hold combos seem to work differently now - bear with me. Apparently holding E now counts as two attacks. So, when there was a combo like E E holdE E E  you had you had to press E twice and then hold E to do a combo. Now the situation is that you have to press E once and then hold to make a desired combo.

This is everything I've noticed so far. 

During the last devstream it was stated that some improvements are being made to the charge mechanics, but let's not forget about the stuff mentioned here.

Edited by Genitive

+9999 OP

they really need to remove all 'pause/hold' combo inputs now, especially with the half-finished implementation of the new charge atks

just replace all previous 'pause/hold' combo inputs with either forwards/back/block/left/right

additionally we rly do need melee V X.0 at this point, use the currently unused reload button for something, fix the laundry list of QoL issues and make channeling/charging WORTHWHILE, like charge atks USED to be, and what unfortunately channeling never lived upto =/

Just going to call this out, Charge attacks SERIOUSLY need to benefit from Attack speed, and attack speed accessories buffs. As it stands, fast weapons gain no benefit from charge attacks, so making them benefit the same way that finishers now benefit from attack speed buffs would be a step in the right direction.

Just going to call this out, Charge attacks SERIOUSLY need to benefit from Attack speed, and attack speed accessories buffs. As it stands, fast weapons gain no benefit from charge attacks, so making them benefit the same way that finishers now benefit from attack speed buffs would be a step in the right direction.

yep

apparently even though Steve said they were 'on it' over 2 weeks ago, its looking like we arent going to see any fixes for this until mid-late jan =/

pretty crappy IMHO =[

just replace all previous 'pause/hold' combo inputs with either forwards/back/block/left/right

I personally don't mind hold combos, but if they're going to interfere with charge attacks, maybe it's better to change how they work. Binding charge attacks to the reload button could solve a few problems, but not all.

charged attacks with R, that is exactly what i need instead of a forced opening attack that doesnt work with Blind Justice as it gets you into the Stance`s hold combo instead of the Charged Attack

hold R for democracy

hold E for North Korea

And while they are at it they could also allow some degrees of vertical aiming in order to be able to fight in ramps from above

Edited by rockscl