The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rank 2 Weapons.

Zarthros

Question

Hello, I've just levelled up to rank 2 and I was wondering what are some decent weapons that go well with rhino given that I can build them at my current rank. I've built the dual heat blades so preferably a Primary and/or a Secondary.

Thanks guys, Appreciated A lot!

8 answers to this question

Well, the regular Braton, Grakata, Karak, Tetra, and Boltor are good early weapons that give a feel for early weapon mechanics and allow the player to get used to different damage types and the difference between projectile and hitscan weapons. The Karak has a limited mag capacity but is a solid and surprisingly accurate assault rifle good against Corpus shields. The Boltor and cheaper to construct Tetra both are good early projectile weapons against the Grineer enemies one might be fighting early on. The Grakata is a good choice if you feel an ally can help run void missions to get Forma for critical builds for an early taste of the quick critical and status builds possible or for being converted into the Twin Grakata later.

For different weapon styles, like killing in a few shots, the Latron or Bows might be worth using. The Burston is a good weapon to try as well for a balance between speed and the higher power of semi auto marksman rifles. Later, the Latron can be made into the Tiberon; the burston replaced with the Burston Prime; or for sacrificing a bit of power or finesse for gimmick, the Harpak or Biolab Paracyst can be used for burst-fire or shooting a chain spike shot to drag enemies in. Best to try some of the earlier version of rifles and shotguns to see if any strike your fancy and making a goal of getting the more powerful versions that you like when possible.

Karak and Grakata.  My Karak took me from Mastery 4 (when it was released) to Mastery 8 (with a grand total of 3 forma, mind you).  Karak helped me clear most of the solar map.  (took some public games with randoms, and later some help from my alliance)

Of course, I ground through tons and tons of weapons along the way, but with solid fire rate, decent damage, and sound effects that I love, Karak holds a special place in my bloodthirsty little heart.  :D

I think that Warframe builder can show that Grakata, properly built can TECHNICALLY out-damage the Karak, on a shot-by-shot basis, and with it's insane fire rate, the dps reaches the stratosphere.

At MR8, I joined the hype train that was Soma, and never looked back except in nostalgia.

I believe at MR2 you can make the akvasto, which when modded right and formad can one-shot T1 enemies no problem. It's the first secondary I made, and its still the only one I use at MR10.

(Someone please correct me if it has a higher rank requirement)