The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Debating Whether Or Not To Keep Event Mods

Spr1ggs

Question

Hello!

I've accumulated quite a few event mods that I rarely used (i.e. puncture, slash, and impact damage mods) ,could anyone recommend weapons that would make these mods viable? I know the opticor works well with the puncture event mod, and the dread with the slash one, but other than that i'm not entirely sure.

5 answers to this question

Few weapons make use of them. Some weapons benefit on the pure raw damage output without taking the damage multipliers into account. Examples are Opticor or Boltor with Piercing Caliber or Crash Course for the Rakta Cernos. However, pure raw damage isn't always the best option as certain factions will have increased resistance to physical damage types (like the Grineer to Slash for example) so you are most likely better off running a 3rd elemental mod in its place. These mods are for mini maxing specific builds for specific factions not a jack of all trades mod you should slap on every build. Then again pure raw damage will still carry you far but it's all dependent on the weapon itself.

Edited by S0V3REiGN

Well I sold mine because I have plenty of damage mods and i'm not really a collector so I made a nice bit of plat on them. I'm just not to fussed about maxing the slash damage of the dread or puncture damage of the daiku. At any rate, think about what you want more, mods that will, and have come back through void trader etc or a decent amount of plat.

General thing about these particular mods is that they aren't availble elsewhere atm so it'll be worth noting if you still you wish to get rid of them. I like the Impact mod for War tbh, coupled with primed heavy trama. Another Impact weapon that greatly benefits from the Impact mod is Sonicor. 

I'd not be so hasty to get shot of any these mods imo, as I find playin' around with some of these mods can be quite fun on certain gear.