The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal Umbra Buy Or Grind?

artycurus

I assume it's going to be buildable, but you might never know.

Personally I wish they made him and his gear the reward for some super-hard questline unlocked at mastery rank level 20+, in order to give seasoned players a delicious reward to work their butt of for.

nobody knows, But I reckon it would be cool if he came with a quest where we have to defeat him, and he can drop the parts for the Frame. (not sure how it fits into the Lore, but fighting a rival Excalibur would be pretty awesome IMO.

NOTE: If you're going to quote and reply to this explaining why we can/can't fight Umbra Excalibur, please refrain from posting spoilers, thank you.

I assume it's going to be buildable, but you might never know.

Personally I wish they made him and his gear the reward for some super-hard questline unlocked at mastery rank level 20+, in order to give seasoned players a delicious reward to work their butt of for.

We all know he's just gonna be avaible for MR5 from some highly RNG based mechanic.

With the new system being avaible to F****ng MR3 players DE just showed us that they neither have any idea of what "end game" is  or care about rewarding older players for their loyalty.

We all know he's just gonna be avaible for MR5 from some highly RNG based mechanic.

With the new system being avaible to F****ng MR3 players DE just showed us that they neither have any idea of what "end game" is  or care about rewarding older players for their loyalty.

And elitist tears will flow.

Who cares? As if MR is any sign of a player's experience, please. I was stuck at MR5 for at least 200 hours simply because I didn't want to try out new items all that much in that time.

Edited by Gale47

I think umbras are going to be corrupted versions of normal frames. We may have to fight them, but they're clearly going to need parts and ultra rare materials.

Basically be prepared for something like:

- Shadow Stalker's sentient blood x 10.
- 25 Nitain.

- 5 Argon Crystals.

- 25 Orokin Cells.
- Prime parts of the base frame.
- Umbra or corrupted modifiers or something like that to "taint" the prime parts.

I fully expect ridiculous levels of grinding to get them.

Who cares? As if MR is any sign of a player's experience, please. I was stuck at MR5 for at least 200 hours simply because I didn't want to try out new items all that much in that time.

Giving new players access to everything hurts the game, you should care.

You can get up to MR3 in what, a week? Said system was supposed to be end game content, made specifically for who actually spent some time and effort in this game, but now it's just another way to make the game even easier to new players and make older ones mindlessly farm even more.

And elitist tears will flow.

Try any other game and tell me if you can have access to end game equipment in a little more than a week, then try to tell me again that I'm an elitist.

I happen to like my brain cells thank you very much

Well, quite! Though if one was after smart-@$$ answers, ain't no better place.

Also a second home for unjustified belligerence, terrible spelling, and softcore pr0n.

Back on-topic, I have absolutely no idea. If he's a new 'frame entirely, the parts will most likely be available from a drop table somewhere.