The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Build Request/suggestions

Circle_of_Psi

Question

Hay people!

Alright, so after leaving Valkyr in the Cyro Pod, for a few years and only getting her out when her new skin came out, and here and there, I thought I should let the wet hard warcryer out of her bed.

And boy, am I enjoying her a hell of alot, Her Ult is just so powerful and great!, and her other powers mix well with it. With the new rework for her, shes even better. And finding out I can bind both my Quick and main melee key, on the same key, its so much hotter.

So, in the past I always wanted a build, that is aimed for a strong and hard Hysteria, with some mixed Warcry and a bit of that Paralysis. As of such I need some suggestions that will make Hysteria last as long as possible, while dishing out some good damage.

This, is what I got so far, and yes to the thing from my Limbo build, I have turned around, got of my lazy behind, and got myself some Primed Mods, oh yeah!. Anyways here it is:

http://goo.gl/Kos97n

I do believe, that I need to get my hands on Streamline, as I don't think I have it yet, but I will surely try to get it one way or another, by dropping or, if its cheep getting it from the Trade chat, or if someone chuold gift it me, that be great too.

Now, as I am aware, I think, that this also is effected by your Melee Weapon & Mods IIRC. My choice of Melee Weapon for her is the Tenno Claws, as..well it fits her well.

So, I have not fully planned on what mods I want for her build, but I took a shot in the dark, and this is what I made so far. However this is me just thinking what is good, but you are free to change it, to boost my damage on my Ult: http://goo.gl/RykLPW

Do note, that I may have to sreach for some mods, as I do not kown, if I got mods like Berserk, but I do have life steal.

Anyways, thank you for helping and I hope to see some good builds. 

11 answers to this question

I've heard some wonderful builds with the Tekko, which work nicely as both they and Hysteria are crit weapons...

personally my build has the OPTION to run Hysteria full-time (with some higher upkeep cost) but mostly centers around Warcry and survivability, using Hysteria as an escape and a quick HP-regen... for this I run the Galatine as it benefits VERY nicely from Warcry and has a nice wide attack arc that makes her an almost literal meatgrinder.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/577948466773319861/D70CA830653A92137FE354DE2AC317A131F95A97/ is my build

I've heard some wonderful builds with the Tekko, which work nicely as both they and Hysteria are crit weapons...

personally my build has the OPTION to run Hysteria full-time (with some higher upkeep cost) but mostly centers around Warcry and survivability, using Hysteria as an escape and a quick HP-regen... for this I run the Galatine as it benefits VERY nicely from Warcry and has a nice wide attack arc that makes her an almost literal meatgrinder.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/577948466773319861/D70CA830653A92137FE354DE2AC317A131F95A97/ is my build

I'll look into it, anymore takers?, Whuold like some good help!

If you're planning to stay in Hysteria, there's no need for EHP mods - no health/armor is required.

For Paralysis, you actually don't need range for it to be effective - what helps the most is Natural Talent, making it a LOT more fluid to use to open heavy enemies up to executes. My 185% Strength setup is able to counter-execute an armored level ~220 Corrupted Heavy Gunner successfully (dead in one hit), which is a lot faster than just about any other way of killing them.

Prolonged Paralysis, on the other hand, knocks enemies to the ground, opening ground finishers instead of counter-finishers, which are by far not as effective. Considering that it also costs a mod slot, I would not use it. (Replace with NT for a Paralysis based mod).

Do NOT forma for augment mods. Sheesh.

I'd try something like http://goo.gl/dUYnjS for a Hysteria build with Paralysis; replace NT with Primed Flow if you don't end up using Paralysis a lot. Can swap Streamline for FE to reduce Hysteria costs further (it's at 27.5% as linked instead of a minimum of 25%)

If you're planning to stay in Hysteria, there's no need for EHP mods - no health/armor is required.

For Paralysis, you actually don't need range for it to be effective - what helps the most is Natural Talent, making it a LOT more fluid to use to open heavy enemies up to executes. My 185% Strength setup is able to counter-execute an armored level ~220 Corrupted Heavy Gunner successfully (dead in one hit), which is a lot faster than just about any other way of killing them.

Prolonged Paralysis, on the other hand, knocks enemies to the ground, opening ground finishers instead of counter-finishers, which are by far not as effective. Considering that it also costs a mod slot, I would not use it. (Replace with NT for a Paralysis based mod).

Do NOT forma for augment mods. Sheesh.

I'd try something like http://goo.gl/dUYnjS for a Hysteria build with Paralysis; replace NT with Primed Flow if you don't end up using Paralysis a lot. Can swap Streamline for FE to reduce Hysteria costs further (it's at 27.5% as linked instead of a minimum of 25%)

Thank you Darzk

I'll look into what I can do, and take some ideas from your mod set-up, but small thing, why not forma for Aug Mods?

Edited by LegionCynex

Tekko isn't necessary anymore I think because hysteria works off of stance and not the weapon itself. So you won't gain the benefits, but I do quite like the gaia stance so I use my tekko anyway. 

oh I didn't mean to imply that the weapon mattered, as it's just the mods that matter.

I mentioned Tekko simply because it, like Hysteria, is a high-crit weapon. so when you're meleeing OUT of Hysteria you're not wasting mods that're there just for Hysteria. I'm not gonna put Crit mods on my Galatine just for Hysteria, I swap frames too often and run outside Hysteria too often for that, they'd just be wasted when I can just build more damage. using a weapon that utilizes all the mods you use for Hysteria helps more than some might realise

Pretty sure mods on the weapon no longer affect hysteria, which was what I meant. Just the stance now. I do wonder what is the most effective stance

all summoned weapon abilities should scale off of the Weapon mods. Hysteria has its own stance so I don't see how that'd change things

But Exalted Blade, Primal Fury, and Artemis Bow all scale off of their specific weapon mods, I don't see why Hysteria would be any different

but small thing, why not forma for Aug Mods?

1) not as valuable;

each forma frees up 4 mod points on an augment mod, while something like adding a D for NM or a V for TF/BR will free up 8 points

2) not as flexible;

if you decide not to use an augment each forma now costs you 2-3 extra mod points

Basically they're only 9 point mods, so not amazing to Forma, and they force you to always use 2x augments or they punish you by costing more mod points for that slot. A bad idea, all around.

Pretty sure mods on the weapon no longer affect hysteria, which was what I meant. Just the stance now. I do wonder what is the most effective stance

Weapon mods affect Hysteria. Basically it is like a weapon with a base damage of 250 times power strength, 50% crit with 2x damage, and is affected by all non-specific melee weapon mods. This means syndicate mods and specific type mods (like Covert Lethality) do not apply.