Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Regarding Cephalon Suda, And Other Cephalons In General

Klizard

Cephalons are very interesting beings. I have some questions regarding them as my search through the forums yielded poor results.

Is the creation of Cephalons lost to us?

What is their unit of capacity?

What do we handle during CaC?

Also:

2U9NIPo.png?1
Suda and her subroutine (Originally had a question but it now is answered)

Answers received:

They can be of very varying importance.

The shape has little meaning to their performance but typically representing geometric shapes due to form and simplicity.

They are programs and the forms we see are projections.

Capable of multiple projections. (Darn crazy computer holograms)

Some of these questions flow into a concept of mine so I am curious.

Thanks to those who took the time to answer these!

Edited by Klizard

The small one is a sub-routine made by Suda that uses less than 5% of her memory.

They're just projections.

Cephalons are just programs, nothing more.

Cephalons can range from being near useless to being able to control an entire ship, etc etc.

They pick their own shape. So it represents them.

Cephalon creation methods are probably still known, since the Corpus use cephalons to help pilot their ships, and thus would need a cephalon every time they build a ship.

On the other hand, they might just salvage orokin cephalons, then reprogram them for their new purpose.

The large one is Suda, but is the small one... also Suda? Or just a minor Cephalon tasked with collecting datums?

Are these the actual "bodies" or are these just projections?

This question was answered in an "Ask a Cephalon" Q&A, for your information.

According to Cryodolyn... Cordettyn... Cyrodyrin... reputable sources, the small one is still Suda. Keeping several projections - especially low-maintenance projections such as that one - is just a form of multitasking.

This question was answered in an "Ask a Cephalon" Q&A, for your information.

According to Cryodolyn... Cordettyn... Cyrodyrin... reputable sources, the small one is still Suda. Keeping several projections - especially low-maintenance projections such as that one - is just a form of multitasking.

Cephalon Cordylon.

Cephalons were developed during the Orokin Empire. They are advanced AI with personalities of their own, but dedicated specifically to their assigned task, doesn't matter if it's operating a door or commanding an entire capital ship. Cephalons don't have physical bodies, but if their task involves interaction with organic lifeforms they will use a projection of a form they think represents them, they usually use geometric forms for their simplicity and efficiency. If anyone, organic or cephalon, interferes with their task, Cephalons WILL attempt to dispose of the "waste" that is interfering with their task.

*speculation mode*

Probably Cephalon technology was used to create the Sentients. Just slap a VERY advanced Cephalon within an artificial body with highly addaptative technology and you more or less get a sentient.

Beautiful, thank you. I remember that there was a Cephalon answering questions but I missed his posts and forgot how to recall them.

Answer me this then, what do the Tenno handle in capture a Cephalon if they are just projections? Are those "projections" tangible?

Also curious as to how much memory they have, or if they even use "bits" or "bytes" or whatever it is we currently use... I could look it up but the sun is glaring at me...

Answer me this then, what do the Tenno handle in capture a Cephalon if they are just projections? Are those "projections" tangible?

Also curious as to how much memory they have, or if they even use "bits" or "bytes" or whatever it is we currently use... I could look it up but the sun is glaring at me...

There are a few theories on it but we don't know. A theory that I quite like is that it's just a cube that the Cephalons map their forms over in a holographic way, that would make the most sense.

And they use whatever type of coding is used to make them, or what they 'evolve' to use. Just depends, again. We don't know.

Edited by Rheoidegen

Could be a small portable item with projection technology. Or it could be that the entire Conclave arenas have projection technology and the system just "attach" different projections to warframes. Cephalons could also be images on the Warframe's HUDs and they don't actually touch anything.