Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spoiler Maybe. Post Second Dream Hydroid

The_Ellimist

So I got to thinking hydroid's puddle ability makes more sense now. Not to say the frames are empty husk. No I believe they have some sentience but maybe the frame are made of nanobot / nanospores that has a sort of hive mind unique to that nano programming. And maybe Hydroid's allows his to disassemble and reassemble. Maybe primes were a little too sentient and that's why there are more commons than primes? The prime nanospores learned too much and started to rebel operator control? Forgive my head cannon ramble. In short a body that needs organs couldn't do hydroid's puddle but post SD and my head rambles kinda stick to me.

Edited by QuarkBlade

Nanobots is an unexciting explanation imo. It could just as easily create and make a doorway (being the puddle) to a pocket dimension or expanded space. We know they have the technology for it.

Or it's just space magic.

True but maybe being organic nano bots limits there functions, hence the need for different frames. After all those things are done by nova's worm hole and limbo. imagine a being that can think with every cell of its body to maximize it's potential in combat...but it went feral and mad without operator control.

Edited by QuarkBlade

True but maybe being organic nano bots limits there functions, hence the need for different frames. After all those things are done by nova's worm hole and limbo. imagine a being that can think with every cell of its body to maximize it's potential in combat...but it went feral and mad without operator control.

Am I the only one who hates the "ebil robots go ebil" thing?

It is obviously space magic otherwise Necro's powers doesn't make sense. How do you punch soul out of osprey? Are nano machines creating that as well? Limbo's and Nova's powers also doesn't fit with nano machines.

I dont think its an actual soul. I see it more as an imprint of whatever happened to die, just given mass and form.

I dont think its an actual soul. I see it more as an imprint of whatever happened to die, just given mass and form.

Yes, sure, but do you throw nano-machines to create that imprint? As we already have void magic so I don't see how adding nano machine magic makes things better. It is magic anyway so I don't see how adding additional one helps in any way.