Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Anybody Reccomend One Of These Graphics Cards?

lightdragon64

as is my current pc setup is pretty good, however i have been thinking of upgrading my graphics card to one of the following,

GTX 980 Ti (possibly 2 if i can, but i think I'll start with one and see where that goes)

they have all sorts 980 ti's on amazon but i'm unsure which is best here...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YDAYOEG/ref=twister_B00Z07KXCI?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Titan X (unsure about this one, really expensive and i have not seen any proof of how far it can go)

i would be happy to get an AMD graphics card, however i am not familiar with them and don't know what ones are the best.

please give me some advice here, i would like to know what is good and what's not.

Edited by lightdragon64

yes, but is the double memory necessary? i haven't heard of any games that require that kind of memory usage and considering that by the time they do won't the card be outdated?

Updated the post a bit. No it's not necessary but...

Costs less than buying two 980 Ti's. However, you may need at least 8gb's (16 recommended) of ram for the Titan X.

Also, if you plan on running performance demanding games on larger screens i.e. 4K, more performance is needed. Especially in the future, when games will be performance heavy.

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

I would recommend the 980Ti.

The only real benefit to the Titan is the abundance of CUDA cores which will help in GPU accelerated programs (video editing, 3D modelling).

By the time the Titan X is capable of using it's 12GB Vram in a game, the core itself will be underpowered (relatively) to whatever the benchmark card is at that point.

The mind numbing price of the Titan X doesn't justify the performance difference between it and the 980Ti.

Plus, the ~$300 you save is $300 put toward buying the next round of GPU's next year (or the year after?). Both AMD and Nvidia should be switching to HBM GPU's that go beyond the 4GB limit of the current generation card (Fury X). So there is that to keep in mind too.

Edited by MillbrookWest

It does, but only if OP decided on buying two 980 Ti's. 

From Amazon:

GTX 980 Ti  6gb -> $950-$1000

Titan X -> $1000-$1100

i'm more or less about 30% sure i might buy two, but that's if i decide if it's necessary which at this point all i'm looking at is an upgraded card so i can play some newer games at something other than low graphics. so it's unlikely

Edited by lightdragon64

go with the 980Ti card, skip AMD they are too far behind in the video GPU wars it is unbelievable and always complaining that Nvidia needs to share their proprietary information with them in order for them to compete equally! LoL 

My personal choice would be the following: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127889&cm_re=980ti_gtx-_-14-127-889-_-Product

go with the 980Ti card, skip AMD they are too far behind in the video GPU wars it is unbelievable and always complaining that Nvidia needs to share their proprietary information with them in order for them to compete equally! LoL 

My personal choice would be the following: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127889&cm_re=980ti_gtx-_-14-127-889-_-Product

cool! that's a bit cheaper than the one i was looking at on amazon, also while we are at it does anybody know of a monitor that has displayport on it? everywhere i look i don't see any monitors with displayport.

It does, but only if OP decided on buying two 980 Ti's. 

From Amazon:

GTX 980 Ti  6gb -> $950-$1000

Titan X -> $1000-$1100

You can find a 980ti for ~$600 (don't know if any are currently going for that, i haven't looked). At $1200 for two it puts it's performance per dollar ahead of the Titan still.

The titan is still the best performing single GPU, but the 980ti is priced a bit too low for the titan to be cost effective.

GTX-980-Ti-Review.006-980x720.png

^The 980ti isn't that far behind the Titan...certainly not $300-400 behind... and this is a synthetic benchmark ;)

You can find a 980ti for ~$600 (don't know if any are currently going for that, i haven't looked). At $1200 for two it puts it's performance per dollar ahead of the Titan still.

The titan is still the best performing single GPU, but the 980ti is priced a bit too low for the titan to be cost effective.

GTX-980-Ti-Review.006-980x720.png

^The 980ti isn't that far behind the Titan...certainly not $300-400 behind... and this is a synthetic benchmark ;)

I only listed the prices from Amazon anyway. Looks like the 980 Ti is a better purchase.

Hardware comparison: http://www.benchmark.pl/ranking/porownanie/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-ti-vs-nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-x

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord