The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter To That Guy/gal/sandwich In Every Sortie Spy Mission

(PSN)Pengu_Imperialus

If you play with your clan mates or friends, then there is no issues. but if you play in PUBLIC, if you manage to makes those hard headed players to go along with your plan and someone else's good plan, then you might pull off a "Public Spy Sortie."~

Limbo makes all Spy missions irrelevent. Magnedoors? Rift Walk. Laser Barriers? Rift Walk. Security Cameras? Banish. As long as you take care not to walk into the LoS of a Security Camera or Sensor Regulator.

I usually solo. Got Ivara in a day so that speaks volumes for how efficient I am with spy missions. Most people don't know the tricks and try to bullrush, but cyphers don't work on sorties so... And even if you secure them all and get all the data, alarming them 3 times turns it into an exterminate mission which one game with pubs involved killing over 350 lvl 100 grineer units with enhanced armor. Not impossible, but annoying.

Little off topic: Which is easier? Grineer or Corpus hacking?

I think corpus is easier because you just line up the 3-lines towards the center first then focus on the others very quickly, where grineer you get tossed like a ping pong ball and latency/lag can mess you up.

In terms of the vaults themselves, I find Grineer easier. The hack-routes are much easier to accomplish (the secret routes that make vaults a lot easier). Corpus require a lot more care if you're not playing Limbo. Their hack-routes are a bit harder to do at times as well.
Edited by PrVonTuckIII

Hahaha. Thank you for the laughs OP. Yes, yes. It's okay to run Spy PUGs. Just remember, if you feel any bit of lacking confidence, please stay in spawn zones and sit tight until extraction way point is mark. Only reason I'll run spy PUGs is that I'd "endured" Sortie 1 and/or 2 with say group and feel bad if I just disband out of nowhere. 

Limbo makes all Spy missions irrelevent. Magnedoors? Rift Walk. Laser Barriers? Rift Walk. Security Cameras? Banish. As long as you take care not to walk into the LoS of a Security Camera or Sensor Regulator.

<snip>

Try taking a Huras Kubrow alongside your Limbo. RiftWalk at the beginning of the mission and easy mode through everything else. As long as you wait a second or three for the Huras to detect a nearby enemy (or camera) and turn you invis, you'll have no problems.

For the Corpus hacks, solve the outside hexes first. Once those are solved, you can spin-2-win the middle hex.

For the Grineer hacks, you can get a rhythm going with the back-and-forth swing. Hit the first two really fast, then slow up the rhythm as the swing takes longer to rotate the circle.

Dear Guy/Gal/Sandwich,

I appreciate your eagerness.  The way you run head first into the spy vaults is a thing of beauty. The absolute look of sincerity on your face as you earnestly electrocute yourself over and over again while failing to open the door to the corpus vault brings tears to my eyes.  The way your Warframe trips over the very first laser grid and drops down a pit like a Star Wars villain is one of life's true miracles. 

I really do appreciate the thirst to successfully finish the mission that fills every fiber of your being, and I'm not saying I won't be the one to mess up and trigger the alarms on occasion.  Just do us all a favor and slow it down.  Know your limitations and allow for others, who may have slightly more experience at spy vaults (Ivara will be finished in another 36 hours), take the lead.  I know we may not have your youthful vigor and zeal, and it may take us a few more seconds to get the Vaults, but trust me when I say we will try our best to only have to walk to each one once.

I like doing PUBs, they are fun, and I certainly don't mind helping newer players punch through for the rewards.  However, take a moment when you get to a spy vault and ask yourself, "How many times do I want to see the Liset loading screen before I finish this stage of the sortie?"

Well I hope this finds you well my fellow Tenno!  Have a happy New Year and see you on the battlefield!

Signed,

Geomancer1980

Lel you are lucky, where are all the post who shout: " You elitist ! You can't tell me what to do !!! Play solo !" etc...? 

The fact that the pub spy missions fail so easily tell you so much how strategic the warframe community is ...

"Dude pls keep a stealthy approach, don't trigger all alarms, focus on hacking the consoles or we will fail the mission ! " typical response: "You can't tell me what to do , <insert insult here> , I PLAY HOW I WANT" triggers alarm after few seconds, failed the mission cause nobody hacked in time and I was too far. Since that time, never ever done a pub spy.   

I solo spy sorties, often have a cup of tea beside me and I take my time doing it. Playing in SOLO mode lets you take your time. 

^ This, It also allows me to appreciate the game as opposed to blitzing through everything.