Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An Open Letter To That Guy/gal/sandwich In Every Sortie Spy Mission

(PSN)Pengu_Imperialus

Dear Guy/Gal/Sandwich,

I appreciate your eagerness.  The way you run head first into the spy vaults is a thing of beauty. The absolute look of sincerity on your face as you earnestly electrocute yourself over and over again while failing to open the door to the corpus vault brings tears to my eyes.  The way your Warframe trips over the very first laser grid and drops down a pit like a Star Wars villain is one of life's true miracles. 

I really do appreciate the thirst to successfully finish the mission that fills every fiber of your being, and I'm not saying I won't be the one to mess up and trigger the alarms on occasion.  Just do us all a favor and slow it down.  Know your limitations and allow for others, who may have slightly more experience at spy vaults (Ivara will be finished in another 36 hours), take the lead.  I know we may not have your youthful vigor and zeal, and it may take us a few more seconds to get the Vaults, but trust me when I say we will try our best to only have to walk to each one once.

I like doing PUBs, they are fun, and I certainly don't mind helping newer players punch through for the rewards.  However, take a moment when you get to a spy vault and ask yourself, "How many times do I want to see the Liset loading screen before I finish this stage of the sortie?"

Well I hope this finds you well my fellow Tenno!  Have a happy New Year and see you on the battlefield!

Signed,

Geomancer1980

Dear Guy/Gal/Sandwich,

I appreciate your eagerness.  The way you run head first into the spy vaults is a thing of beauty. The absolute look of sincerity on your face as you earnestly electrocute yourself over and over again while failing to open the door to the corpus vault brings tears to my eyes.  The way your Warframe trips over the very first laser grid and drops down a pit like a Star Wars villain is one of life's true miracles. 

I really do appreciate the thirst to successfully finish the mission that fills every fiber of your being, and I'm not saying I won't be the one to mess up and trigger the alarms on occasion.  Just do us all a favor and slow it down.  Know your limitations and allow for others, who may have slightly more experience at spy vaults (Ivara will be finished in another 36 hours), take the lead.  I know we may not have your youthful vigor and zeal, and it may take us a few more seconds to get the Vaults, but trust me when I say we will try our best to only have to walk to each one once.

I like doing PUBs, they are fun, and I certainly don't mind helping newer players punch through for the rewards.  However, take a moment when you get to a spy vault and ask yourself, "How many times do I want to see the Liset loading screen before I finish this stage of the sortie?"

Well I hope this finds you well my fellow Tenno!  Have a happy New Year and see you on the battlefield!

Signed,

Geomancer1980

36BsipE.gif

Tm3lvDQ.gif

Now all you need to do is record video of all their attempts then post them on youtube at 200% speed with the benny hill theme.

Does anyone else cry when they laugh hard or is that just me?

Lmao. You are the Trinity who does the energy restore thing too aren't you? So funny im dying here. I would love to see someone make a video like that.

All you people suck.

I pure Pub all missions =ALL MISSIONS=

And I almost never have any issues.

Do spys with Rhinos, Frosts, volts, etc and it done quickly with rarely a mistake.

Hell before Ivara I been doing spies with Nova.

well good for you and how we suck if we just don't like to do spy with pubs 

ergo why i play Sorties with people i know, or i don't play them.

All you people suck

strangely immature response, since the thread is talking about users other than themselves, who's actions they have no control over.

Edited by taiiat

I've yet to complete any spy mission with a PuG.

Inumerable Lokis, LokiPs, Ashes of whatever variant, Ivaras, and even a few Wukongs...doesn't matter. They all fail.

You see, I don't do stealth. Not really. It isn't necessary until the vault. I do NOT suffer enemies of the tenno to live. This is a bit of an issue, since I don't have any of the above warframes, other than Wukong, whom I have yet to play. I shoot my way to my objective, mostly out of necessity. 

The problem is every PuG is like herding cats. They all run off in random directions in whatever guise of invisibility they might have and all die. Repeatedly. They trip alarms, even though ostensibly invisible. They die again. And again. And again. I have no clue where they are, since they took off at $&*&*#(%& speed and, well, died somewhere. I'm willing to clear paths in and out, but...apparently dying unlamented in a remote corner of the map is a positive in the general community.

So.

What does one do? Well, one does not do this crap with PuGs, since they can't seem to be trusted to find their backsides with both hands, a flashlight, and a GPS.

And that's pretty much the reality of queuing up for a random sortie.  

Dear Guy/Gal/Sandwich,

I appreciate your eagerness. The way you run head first into the spy vaults is a thing of beauty. The absolute look of sincerity on your face as you earnestly electrocute yourself over and over again while failing to open the door to the corpus vault brings tears to my eyes. The way your Warframe trips over the very first laser grid and drops down a pit like a Star Wars villain is one of life's true miracles.

I really do appreciate the thirst to successfully finish the mission that fills every fiber of your being, and I'm not saying I won't be the one to mess up and trigger the alarms on occasion. Just do us all a favor and slow it down. Know your limitations and allow for others, who may have slightly more experience at spy vaults (Ivara will be finished in another 36 hours), take the lead. I know we may not have your youthful vigor and zeal, and it may take us a few more seconds to get the Vaults, but trust me when I say we will try our best to only have to walk to each one once.

I like doing PUBs, they are fun, and I certainly don't mind helping newer players punch through for the rewards. However, take a moment when you get to a spy vault and ask yourself, "How many times do I want to see the Liset loading screen before I finish this stage of the sortie?"

Well I hope this finds you well my fellow Tenno! Have a happy New Year and see you on the battlefield!

Signed,

Geomancer1980

Thank you for this. It's beautiful.

I've gotten into the habit of just bringing Liest deployables and using one every time the alarm goes off. Even if someone, maybe me, screws up, it's generally enough time to sort things out.

Real problem are players who split up and go to a vault by themselves. If you didn't switch to solo mode, stop trying to do it solo. You have a team, let them help you.

All you people suck.

Do spys with Rhinos, Frosts, volts, etc and it done quickly with rarely a mistake.

such skill, much luck, wow.

Lmao. You are the Trinity who does the energy restore thing too aren't you? So funny im dying here. I would love to see someone make a video like that.

Yeah, I'm stealing that.  Really sick of Mesa's crying for energy when everyone else has a maxed overshield and they have none.  Anyway.

On topic:

I do it three times with a PUG and then do it solo.  I don't really like doing it solo, and I've met some incredibly good players in pugs.  Definitely have to have that three strikes limit though - just got out of one that didn't work and, yeah, some salt.

I only have done Spy missions with friends or solo.

I have not and probably will never try with randoms.

The sheer idea of it is a bad result, and the people who want to be carried should get themselves a Loki and start doing it solo as well.

Edited by Shokky

All you people suck.

Agree :)

I play with people, help them, teach them how to spy, or how to wait for others complete the job.

I'm MR20 right now, I'm strong and I know that. The strong player in a coop game must success in coop. I also test my skill in public game, help them, carry them...

Sometime we fail, but, at my rank, failure is still fun too. Because I successed too much missions.