The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie (An Idea A Lot Of The Community Would Hate Me For)

Mathematicus

I love sorties. I complete them when I can and it adds a lot of credits to everyone (like much needed credits to trade Primed mods, especially).

The mission types, I may not agree with because of some bugs, but I'm pretty sure those bugs will be ironed out. It is a new feature, after all.

The sortie feels like a mini-operation. I don't know about the rest of the community, but I like to read the description for each mission. I like the briefing for some reason.

Since sorties are like mini-operations, according to me, shouldn't Archwing be part of it? It can add for more variety than the briefings that are usually shown. I know a lot of people don't like Archwing. I do, though. It kinda reminds me of Gundam.

I mean, it's just a game and a relatively new feature. But I kinda want more variety, hence the Archwing suggestion. I know not everybody has an Archwing and not everybody likes Archwing mode, but the same mission types get kind of boring. Not even an interesting or challenging Capture, Hijack, Deception (not sure about Deception), or even Assassination against the enemy unit's bosses (kinda was hoping and wanting to kill a boss for the difficult missions). Even Crossfire, which I can see being used disrupting warring units.

I mean, Archwing and those other mission types I mentioned may be relatively easy, but maybe modify them a bit to kinda be slightly sub-par to a raid's puzzle.

The problem in Archwing is the enemy scaling is borked and the survivability of our Archwings is low.

If they iron out the Archwing problems. Cool, Wouldn't mind adding it to the sortie missions. But until then, Archwing is still very much a W.I.P

Edited by KJRenz

If they iron out the Archwing problems. Cool, Wouldn't mind adding it to the sortie missions.

Yeah. Even other mission types has problems, like Exterminate with the spawning problems. I mean, don't add Archwing now, but fix a few bugs here and there with not just Archwing, but with other missions already in Sortie.

Yeah. Even other mission types has problems, like Exterminate with the spawning problems. I mean, don't add Archwing now, but fix a few bugs here and there with not just Archwing, but with other missions already in Sortie.

DE probably will be fixing the Extermination problems. They released the content that borked the spawning like before they left for Winter break.

Just plain out patience is what everyone needs. It'll be fixed when they come back.

Edited by KJRenz

TheStag, it is scripted for the sequence to count down after you open the holding cell door in Rescue. The Lotus even says so during the mission.

EDIT: In Rescue Sorties, that is. Regular Rescue, it doesn't.

Edited by Mathematicus

I'd agree only if it was optional to the current sortie system, giving a second reward to those players who like archwing, without removing the only daily chance as a punishment to players who dislike said mode.

I like the optional. Sorties itself is already optional. Maybe like an Archwing specific sortie.

F*** no. I'm tired of crapwing getting shoehorned into the rest of the game. If DE wants to do a crapwing sortie for crapwing rewards, fine, but it should never be put into the sorties we have now. I mean, I (and most people actually) started playing warframe for the space ninja aspect, if I wanted to play a space fighter, I can just start up any random gundam game.

You can't throw level 100 AW enemies at us. AW has been balanced around keeping power level from Mods in check vs enemies that don't creep too far above L30 standards.

This is like asking DE to make missions where we can't take Frames with Reactors and guns with Catalysts or Forma against L60 enemies, we don't really fail because we are bad at running missions, we fail because everything takes 5 magazines to kill.

Challenge in a mission does not mean shooting at something for a half hour, it means having enemies you have to out think, outmaneuver and outplay, It's the difference between two fighter jets trying to get on each other 6 oclock and two people just standing up taking turns punching each other in the face till one drops.

Almost everything we do in this game is already with the "brute force" approach, and I'm getting tired of it after thousand of hours. In AW you can't even hide because of how fast units can chase (although now with the new Afterburner mechanic you can just get burn away in a straight line), all you can do is move around to mitigate damage and keep shooting until what is facing you eventually blow up.