The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Fps Issues

-CM-LordOfVarius

From last night around 8pm GMT my FPS nose dived from averaging at around 50-60fps to 30-40FPS where normally in a fight i'd be getting 50 im just getting 30. What has caused this so quickly? I also ran their checks to optimize my game but it done nothing. Ive checked to see and I should be getting well above 30fps 

The set up for this computer is 

Fx-8350 

R9 270x 

8gb of ram 

1Tb hdd 

I was thinking that but I dont think there was an update, it was fine at 4pm, I go off for a few hours come back and its messed up but on every other game my fps is fine so its nothing on my end. 

Since there was no update that means the game didn't change. So I would look for answers elsewhere. For example, Steam got updated and although it is unlikely for Steam to cause FPS drops with a single update, it's not entirely impossible (assuming you're using Steam, of course).

Also, just because you other games seem to be working fine that doesn't mean nothing has changed on your end. If you are sure this issue was not present before, then something must have changed. And we know it was not the game because there was no update.

Internet, other programs running actively or in the background, an updated driver that isn't stable. There are many reasons to who your FPS dropped. I average around 100 but occasionally it drops to 50-80 if my computer decides its a good time to run a backup or update.

You suddenly dropping fps as per your usual frame rates is not the game itself, but your computer running something in the background without you knowing.

One way to find out is to restart your computer and run warframe to see if your fps still drops.

For me, warframe does not ever drop frame rates out of the blue, unless (usually) something starts running in the background, that is either something being updated ( I always have steam online, even though I do not run warframe through steam), either steam, microsoft, or itunes update, as far as I can name at this time. Oh right, I have an anti virus, but it rarely interferes with the game.

Do not worry, Most of the staff at DE is using their vacation time and will be back soon to work. as of U18 I also get a lot lower FPs on average as the mission continues. Even dropping to 30ish FPs (the worst case I had was 15 ish) This has NEVER happend before... ever. 

And I do have a pretty beefy PC;

GTX 780Ti

I7 4790k (4.0 ghz)

SSD (250G) And some other stuff, but that is all that is needed. 

My average before U18 was 100+. Now it dips heavily, especially at Infested missions, which is weird as Infested was one of the least performance heavy ones for me.