Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unexpected Generosity In Mmo Games

Deshiel

In my experience. I never beged for stuff. I was always a farmer. I always failed at trading so everytime I wanted something I would have to grind it. 

I was always quite determined in my grinding but there were weak moments where I started to wish for a miracle, like a mail telling me that I won an in-game lotery or something like that.

This miracle of sorts happened in several different games thorought the years and it all came from random players that I spent up some time with.

I remember experiencing random generosity in WOW where I played with this Night elf woman. We did several quests together and he had a great chat. Before the said player departed, she gave me several items and told me to wait for her son to pick them up. So because I grew fond of this character I decided to wait for the son to show up. (at that point I almost freaked out. I was like 12 or 13 years old and I played with someone's mom. I never even thought it possible for parents to play games with thier kids cuz my family is not into it so it was a strange new experience)

The son not only showed up but he gave me 200gold in wow currency, saying that It was a gift from his mom and then we split and that was it.

few years later I ended up recieving lots of yellow and blue tier items in Tera from another player who I spent some time with. We had lot of fun jumping around with the horses (that is my strongest memory) because the animation was fun, especialy when we jumped in turns. :D

So when the guy who was also older than me decided to quit, he loaded me with lots of rare gear for Slayer class and gave me lots of ingame currency like more than I needed and he wanted nothing.

This all sounds super awesome, but I always hated it... As I said I always otped to grind for stuff because I wanted to earn things (thats is also why I don't *@##$ about grinding here in warframe xD) and everytime somebody did this thing for me I felt super bad. The guilt was intense so I decided to spread the love as one might say. I ended up helping other players or randomly gifting them with cool stuff that wasn't for me and I experienced the other side of this situation where I was the one showering random person with gold and top gear xD

What about you? 

I logged on into a game that I hadn't played in a while, noticed that I really couldn't do much more at my rank and level. I took the first stranger that I saw and gave up all of my higher rank items as well as all of my ingame currency. ( Which turned out to be the game limit currency because of some other fellow giving me 9500 gold coin q.q )
The guy cancelled the trade twice because he thought I was trolling him q.q

As for warframe, I bought a loki system and as a gift I sneakily put a Piercing caliber inside of the trade. :L

DISCLAIMER: My english is really bad.

It happened to me only one time, in warframe, like 8 months ago.

I'm in a mountain clan, and I'm in a important spot rank wise, because I helped the warlord to build the dojo.

So, one of my duties is to help people in clan. One guy decided to leave the game and he decided to give me all his rare stuff, as a reward for my "kindness".

Actually, I initally refused, but I was forced to accept because he was really insistent.

He gave me a buzz kill, some platinum (something like 800), some maxed mods (there were Heavy Caliber and Narrow Minded), some arcane helmets (most valuable are Arcane Aura and Arcane Squall). He said I was free to sell whatever I wanted and obviously I sold all the mods, they were duplicates for me.

I never saw him again from that day.

I shared part of the mods (I gifted like a maxed redirection, I think) and platinum, as I gifted a Nemesis Nyx Skin to my friend.

Edited by SysteMachine

Jumping around with horses, because the animation was fun, do you have female characters while you were doing that, im totally sure the only thing if the animation was fun was there were "funbags" involved.

anyways, yeah sometimes, when i can spare it, when a guy is lamenting a kubrow egg drought, i insta-gift him an egg,

both males me hihg elf and he that dark race with horns

I've had a good guy help me farm for Nova systems, really nice player. And i had a veteran player overpaying me significantly for a bunch of semi-worthless stuff just because i had been honest with him (asked for a low price -needed a slot).

I've done some random acts of generosity myself, gifted Latron sets when it was vaulted, gave away parts or mods for free, gifted a couple of potatoes and slots here and there, helped people complete quests/farm stuff.

I still remember giving out Trinity Prime and Ember Prime set because someone was praising their booty in Region chat. This was after Ember got vaulted.

In return? My warframe inventory is filled with gifted Trinities now.

Edited by ViroVeteruscy

I stared a clan vault system for my clan a month ago now we have hundreds of parts and mods players use to get and finish their sets in exchange for donating things they have the collection is expanding daily and its great to watch players put their backing into new players