Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What If We're Just Being Used; What If It's All A Lie?

Atlas_Smirked

Think about it. The Tenno have amnesia from cryostasis and when we wake up some random woman tells us to go out and kill people. How do we know the Grineer are these evil people? Do they attack us; yes, but we invaded their ship. How do you think our military would react if someone randomly broke in to one of their bases? We never see any of their cities or anything, all we see are their military bases. The Tenno come off as major ***** in some missions too. Do you remember the Tyl Regor mission? He wanted to help their people, to reverse centuries of damage. That's why we killed him? Because he wanted to help his people? What do we see of the Corpus that means we should kill them? We invade their homes and they try to defend them. The Jackal and Hyena have supposedly killed our brethren but after they broke into a Corpus ship. Now let's move on to Lotus. First-is she even a Tenno? She looks like a human wearing a silly helmet. Second-why does she want us to do these things? There are two probable options here:

1) She wants control of the solar system for herself. When you look at this how hard is it to think that someone who knew about the the Tenno or heard legends of them that wanted power to do something about it? Once she activated them all she had to do is unleash them on the solar system and take over in the power vacuum.

A somewhat more outlandish option:

2) She's an illusion/trick created by some outside force (maybe an infested?) The infested have been shown to be at least intelligent enough to taunt us (as we try to kill them). And Phorid has psychic abilities (those bolts he shoots are the same kind Nyx uses). A variant of this is that she functions kind of like (Borderlands Spoilers) the Guardian Angle in Borderlands. Some outside force using us to do their bidding.

Think about what this looks like to an outside entity (Grineer/Corpus). A race of ancient aliens wakes up after thousands of years and then begins to attack everything in sight. They sweep across the solar system wiping out hundreds, thousands of your friends and allies. They appear to have no motive. They don't communicate with you. They show no mercy, spare no one. They take allies hostage and interrogate them never to be released. They make no stated demands and there is no endgame to this slaughter. Suddenly you hear a vent grate on your ship crash open...

So the next time you follow the advice of some random person who wants you to go on killing sprees keep this in mind.

The Grineer were already trying to kill the Tenno before they awakened and their high ranking members do some stuff like making council members disapperar, so they are clearly not evil...

For the corpus we don't have enough information to determine their exact goals, but they seem to be after technology to further advance their robotics and weaponry and don't care what needs to be done to get it.

The Infested were created by our ancestors to fight a race called Sentients and are essentially a biological weapon out of control.

Are we evil? Maybe. Do I care if I'm evil? No, because kicking &#! is all I need to have fun.

Edited by Tyrian3k

Oh, it's THIS thread again ;)

Another thing that's really revealing is all the reasons for assassination. Go fight Tyl Regor again, and tell me that what you're doing isn't at least a little messed up :)

Must be @(*()$ terrifying for those poor corpus.

Maybe the Corpus are criminals whose brains have been cut out and replaced with computers, their thoughtless bodies driven either by automated routines, rehabilitated Orokin technology, or a bored Corpus stock trader on his meal break.

And the reason we killed Tyl Regor was cuz he was obssessed with immortality and the Lotus said "Great minds can achieve great things" when you are about to find him.

Nono, she first says something along the lines of "Tyl Regor is on the verge of discovering a method of curing the genetic defects that have plagued his people for generations. We can't let him do this."

Nono, she first says something along the lines of "Tyl Regor is on the verge of discovering a method of curing the genetic defects that have plagued his people for generations. We can't let him do this."

"He is about to heal his peoples birth defects and genetic problems. Kill him now, please."

GAME>FACTIONS

Vast in numbers, the Grineer have expanded their vile empire from Earth outward to all sectors of the solar system. Once the Grineer rediscovered cloning technology, they seized control of Earth through sheer numbers.

While they may be at the height of power, the Grineer army is in bodily decay and their features are increasingly primitive as a result of continuous cloning. As such, the Grineer are forced to use technology as a crutch for their genetic deterioration. An ideology of hate and discrimination towards the Tenno continues to drive the Grineer forward in the face of inevitable dissolution.

The Corpus view Orokin artifacts as a resource to be exploited for profit− at any cost.

...And who's to say that wouldn't be cool as iced-over hell?

Actually it would.

But in reality the research won't stop even 1 guy is dead.

The next boss could be a mad scientist but, "Well Tenno meet my newest cre.... wrong meet the perfect human."

Once you finish beating the crap out of the Grineer on Mercury and get a chance to look a Origin politics the situation becomes clear:

Grineer: Military Junta composed of sadistic domineering clones. Who are 1st-class jerks and kinda bossy. Being a Grineer slave would have been 'real' fun I'm sure. Doubt they would have been kind enough to let us chill in a Dojo or talk smack about them.

Corpus: Orokin worshiping/exploiting mega corp, and clearly have enough clout to stand up to Grineer domination. Who would either sell me to the Grineer or cut me apart for "science."

Lotus: Rather nice lady who politely asks that I go about killing the above two groups. Partly to help protect the growing Tenno colony and to help destabilize a rather nasty government. She also pays well so I can buy even nicer killing toys.

I have 0 issues at this point working for the Lotus. Now that may change depending on how we start interacting with Non-Grineer human factions.

GAME>FACTIONS

Vast in numbers, the Grineer have expanded their vile empire from Earth outward to all sectors of the solar system. Once the Grineer rediscovered cloning technology, they seized control of Earth through sheer numbers.

While they may be at the height of power, the Grineer army is in bodily decay and their features are increasingly primitive as a result of continuous cloning. As such, the Grineer are forced to use technology as a crutch for their genetic deterioration. An ideology of hate and discrimination towards the Tenno continues to drive the Grineer forward in the face of inevitable dissolution.

The Corpus view Orokin artifacts as a resource to be exploited for profit− at any cost.

I'd be pretty ****** at someone who was indiscriminately attacking us. Isn't every human war marked by the same thing; hatred of the enemy? I'm not saying it's right necessarily but it doesn't mean that they deserve to be killed off.

-------------------------------------------------------

Just saying someone exploits artifacts doesn't make them evil. The British (and much of Europe too I guess) used mummies for fuel in the 19th-20th century. America turns Native American lands into well, a bunch of stuff. The world exploits historical treasures for profits too.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any thoughts on Lotus' motive? Does anyone else find it plausible that she's on a power trip using us?

Edited by Atlas_Smirked

its a dog eat dog world.

tenno are the alpha dogs.

infested have dogs.

grineer have dog faces.

and corpus have walking legs.

/official-lore-reason-for-the-fighting

Thats all that needs to be said lol

Don't think that I'm saying the Grineer/Corpus are amazing people. What I'm suggesting is that we are being used by Lotus. She's essentially our only source of outside information in game/character(aside from commentary by the bosses). How can we trust what she's saying?

Don't think that I'm saying the Grineer/Corpus are amazing people. What I'm suggesting is that we are being used by Lotus. She's essentially our only source of outside information in game/character(aside from commentary by the bosses). How can we trust what she's saying?

All i know that the Infested are running towards me and the Boss wants to "assimilate" me.

No thank you, I don't need that long appendage poking anywhere near me !

Speaking of which, I noticed a lot of people tend to avoid infested missions for the life of them unless it is defense or a boss run.

I find them more interesting than Grineer camp and shoot :/

Guys ii have a really hard time thinking that, as smart, advanced and powerful as we are, we would continue helping Lotus if it wasnt in our best interest. I mean come on think about it for a minute. We are going all around the Galaxy doing missions and stuff, if we were being used we would find out pretty fast.

Lotus was created to further release us from our control in sanity, repeating obvious phrases like "It's the Grineer" and "You've been spotted" until our consciousness ceases to keep us grounded with our morality.