Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Acrid - It Is Amazing (Perhaps Too Amazing) /w Video

Kazeokuman

Warframe ACRID - It is Amazing (Perhaps too amazing)

It has 15 rounds that do 25 base plus 4 x 18 damage over time.  When you add Multishot.. double that.  Add Electric damage, why not.  

Here is the Math:

If you can land 15 shots = A M A Z I N G  

LVL 40+ Boss = No Problem

A lvl 22 ACRID in action:

Look at all the numbers! LOOK AT THEM!

If i could just find enough Mutagen samples, i could build it.

Where did you find soo many of those Samples ?

Need to find 45 of those mutagen samples ~.~

and 16 for Supra.

(finished chem weapons)

Edited by Zyfe3rX

If i could just find enough Mutagen samples, i could build it.

Where did you find soo many of those Samples ?

Need to find 45 of those mutagen samples ~.~

and 16 for Supra.

(finished chem weapons)

They do take a lot to make: Funny story, I have just about every warframe's full set of blueprints by fighting bosses just to get the samples needed in construction.  (Around 2 samples per mission)

Also, Control Modules… ...control modules...   ...but at least fieldron samples drop in the Hyena run.

Of course the thing is amazing, I'm just starting to do the maths.

25 base damage + $ ticks of 18 gives you 97 effective damage per shot. 

Add in 220% Hornet Strike and some elemental mods...

Will post chart when done.

So toxic damage gains bonuses from mods aswell? Impressive. Does toxic DoT stack from multiple shots?

Actually, toxic damage does not get bonuses from mods (right now... 99% sure, other caveats), but because they stack, they do huge amounts of damage.  Especially with Multishot and 15 rounds.

I think the magic is that the DoT from Acrid is equal to 75% of the damage of the actual dart.

If your dart does 100 damage the DoT should be 75 damage - or something like that. Wiki said something to that extent.

It actually doesn't work like that. The DoT deals a flat 18 damage per tick. Mods do not effect it (well, other than multishot).

This weapon is a threat to any other weapon in the entire game.

Why should I use another one if this one is overwhelmingly better than the rest?

I am sorry I have to say this but: This thing has to get nerfed!

This weapon is a threat to any other weapon in the entire game.

Why should I use another one if this one is overwhelmingly better than the rest?

I am sorry I have to say this but: This thing has to get nerfed!

Or, you could just make everything better, so it wouldn't be such a clear choice...

Nerfing is not the end-all solution. In fact, it should be avoided.

My Strun can take out Ambulas with 1 magazine. This weapon is nothing special, especially considering that there are already a good number of great close-mid range pistols.

The problem is that there are no good long range rifles to make up for the lack of pistol range, so a close-mid range rifle paired with a Lex wins every time.

A deep concern for me with any game, especially free-to-play games, is power creep.  So far, the developers here have done a great job avoiding power creep.  

However, these research weapons are much harder to get, so it would be nice if they were a little stronger.  

Or, you could just make everything better, so it wouldn't be such a clear choice...

Nerfing is not the end-all solution. In fact, it should be avoided.

Tbh. I am surprised this is still being considered.

Things get nerfed for the same reason things get buffed.

They are standing out too much!

Now, if you buff everything else up to the level of the most powerful thing. You end up with the same result as just nerfing that single thing that stands out. But instead, this would require thousend times more work. The end result will be the same.

And if you are saying that every weapon should be as powerful as this one while keeping the enemies at the same level. I say "Hell no!". This game is already too easy. Even on Pluto. There is no way anyone actually enjoys playing Mercury maps with lvl 30 potatoe gear. Please don't make a request to turn the rest of the game into that just because you don't like that stuff is getting nerfed.

DE clearly made a mistake when they gave this weapon these stats. Don't let this get out of hand by requesting such things. Mistakes like that needs to get fixed. This game should not get adjusted around mistakes.