Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did... They Finally Fix Blacklight Retribution?

Kai_Shiba

Okay so bored little me decided...

You know, I should check up on some old games.

And here I found the patch notes of BlackLight...

And I have to say.. I'm quite happy that I'm reinstalling it.

PATCH NOTES

New Features

– Prime is no more, long live the GP Duplicator! We will have a blog post up with more information when patch goes live.

– Added new items for all to enjoy

– A multi-playlist selector has been added to the playlist menus, you can now queue for multiple game types at once!

– Level-restricted playlists have been added for new players

Game Changes

– Level restrictions have been removed from all items

– Most functional items can now be purchased permanently with GP

– GP prices have been adjusted to varying degrees

– Rig has been optimized, and should run much better

– Reduced several hitches in the startup sequence, main menus, and social tabs

– BLP and BSMG have been tuned

– You can no longer start practice while searching for a match

– Ping bars now also show numbers in addition to tiers

– Update to µ setting on Spoon due to AOE falloff cascading too quickly

– Improved matchmaking performance and functionality

– Completed missions will now write to your live feed

– GP Bonuses (if applicable) will now be individually called out in the AAR

– Pass done on weapon balancing

– Additional work on servers for stability and future services

Edit: With the removal of BL Prime all item unlock levels have been removed and all non-cosmetic items can be purchased permanently with GP even if you do not own BL Prime or the GP Duplicator.

Edited by KJRenz

I used to play a little of BLR back then. We'll see how much this update brings, they do seem really nice.

That level restriction and Prime made the game P2W. I'm glad Hardsuit labs went right with it. But the fact that I can get my sweet Katana back and a bow at any level.. Brings tears of joy.

Edited by KJRenz

Maybe I'll start playing again, but BO3 has turned my BLR muscle memory into Spaghetti. Also F*** SMGs, anything done on weapon balancing?

They said they adjusted it weapon balancing. I'd have to go ingame and check. Download speed is slow.

And I understand that muscle memory. I can't for the life of me play console. It's been so long.

Edited by KJRenz

Guess I can go back to that again and hope its now a lot less close to a p2w. It was really hard to hold a set loadout with all those timers on any good part you got while people with money permanently bought them.

Yea. Plus, with that level restriction gone. You can get whatever you want with your GP. Like honestly.. Level 62 to use the compound bow? Nope.

Shame I'll never be able to run it.

Hardware not meeting the requirements?

The level locks were real.

"Hey.. Wanna use that Tactical SMG? Too bad pay up your cash to skip the level restriction or level up to 55 to use it!"

I don't mind playing the game to earn GP a lot. Because I know full and well that I can get whatever.

Edited by KJRenz

I'm gonna re-install it today.

Also I was extremely good at the game, some guys even accused me of hacking.

Same. I have a speed build for me(R.I.P health)

Because all I used was the Katana. I love scaring other players. A speedy Katana wielding maniac turning a corner, running towards you.

They're frightened when they hear the loud noise from the HRV cloak. Getting closer at such high speeds.

I actually got kicked once o3o

Apparently I meet the minimum requirements, but still.

Well, if you feel up to it. Always worth a try. Edited by KJRenz

"Hey.. Wanna use that Tactical SMG? Too bad pay up your cash to skip the level restriction or level up to 55 to use it!"

I don't mind playing the game to earn GP a lot. Because I know full and well that I can get whatever.

Yeah the GP cost to hire stuff was not perfect but at least you could get enough GP to refresh your gear by the time the timers were up.

O well as far as I can remember I had a stealth sniper build using the bolt action, well... the closest i could get to a sniper anyway.

Yeah the GP cost to hire stuff was not perfect but at least you could get enough GP to refresh your gear by the time the timers were up.

O well as far as I can remember I had a stealth sniper build using the bolt action, well... the closest i could get to a sniper anyway.

Now you can save up and get the Anti-Material rife.

That sound the gun makes is so satisfying and powerful.

Edited by KJRenz