Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De Can You Stop Nerfing Stuff And Just Change Things To Make It Balanced.

crimsonspartan1

The title is hypocritical. Balancing things means buffing and nerfing things until you find the right balance.

And yet enemies stays as they used to be, and Frames + Weapons getting nerfed the hell outta their meta.

Nice one.

Did I missed something?

Balancing?

Non existent.

And yet enemies stays as they used to be, and Frames + Weapons getting nerfed the hell outta their meta.

Nice one.

Did I missed something?

Balancing?

Non existent.

Rebalancing enemies requires a rather sizeable effort, especially when compared to changing a stat or two on one specific armament. That said, DE are working on this, AFAIK. Scott mentioned that the enemy scaling is going to be revamped soon. 

It's fairly easy to talk about these things, as we all do, but coming up with an efficient solution is much more difficult. It's going to happen eventually, so why spew salt around when there's really no need?

The game will never come close to being balanced. The most basic fundamental of the game is not even balanced in the first place. What im talking about are the enemies. They reach a spongy phase rather quickly and basically weapons becomes obsolete eventually. Wasting a whole clip onto an enemy with little results. Trying to balance weapons in the current state of things will only bring more repeats of balancing because there will always be a couple of equipment's that stomps the others. Fixing* the difficult of the enemies will broaden the scope of weapons that are useful.

You are very right about the enemies and weapons. I wholeheartedly agree. The problem is, some frames and weapons that are overachieving now will be way unbalanced after that. Which would require an adjustment.

I do think that weapons start to become useless after a certain point against high level NPCs. You start to see this in 3rd level sortie and high key content. Where you are relying on one shot mechanics at that point.

Balance requires nerfing. You're not going to solve balance by always bringing everything not OP up to the level of the most powerful gear/rewards. If you have one weapon that is OP out of 150, you nerf that weapon instead of buffing 149 and raising enemy levels everywhere to adjust for the raise in power level. No, nerfs are just as necessary as buffs.