Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New To Warframe And Have Played Alot Of Destiny

(XBOX)LegatusDominus

So ive played alot of destiny and now im branching out. I remember getting this game when it came out but i didnt play it much until eventually it got deleted for other game space. So now im here trying to play it again but it seems like so much has happened i have no idea where to even began i mean should i just buy the stuff i want and then start playing?

Im just looking for some direction and someone to play with. Message me on live if your down to show me the ropes.

LegatusDominus

i do have the income and ive looked at all of them pretty much and the ones that stand out are nekros and mesa so if there was a poll take who would be better?

Perhaps Nekros. Mesa is good on her own right, but people would prefer playing alongside Nekros due to Desecrate (skill 3). But other than that's he has great cc through skills 2 and 4.

Be sure to read the wiki on how frames work. Some frames are more op than others, but any frame can transition to endgame if you know how to use it (as well as proper modding).

Edited by KuroShiranui

Welcome to the forums!

This will end up being a textwall, so I'm going to shorten it by use of spoilers.  I apologize in advance for the volume of text, but you've asked for advice, so here it comes.

Choosing your frame

If you've played Destiny then you know by now how you prefer to survive damage and what your style of play is.

My Clan has put together a neat, easy to use system for selecting a Warframe.  Click Here to find a page where you answer two questions with the click of a button to find the frames we think are most suited to your style.

Between Nekros and Mesa, they both have their place:

Nekros is a great CC frame with the ability to make anything you kill drop more loot, but lacks serious "endgame power" do to his general squishiness (that can be fixed by proper modding and getting good, however: my Clan's Nekros is one of our most survivable players).

Mesa is able to kill many things quickly do to her ultimate ability, and her other abilities work extremely well together.  Her endgame power depends entirely on your ability to aim (and due to how her ultimate used to work, my Clan's Mesa didn't take time to get good at that), but by the time you make it to endgame you'll have extremely good aim, especially since you've played Destiny.

Neither Nekros or Mesa are "raid frames" (a term that rose from the Law of Retribution raid), but during The Jordas Verdict raid both become much more valuable.

Getting your frame

As far as getting them is concerned, both Mesa and Nekros are in the category of Special Snowflakes.

Most frames drop from bosses (Zephyr, for example, is obtainable only through Clan Research in your Clan's Dojo).  Getting to a boss fight is simple: once you have access to a planet (which simply requires you to kill the boss on the previous planet), you go to the boss fight mission and kill the boss.  Once you complete the mission you will be rewarded with one of the blueprints required to build the frame.

Nekros is a Lephantis drop, and fighting Lephantis requires you have an expendable key to access the mission.  These keys can be built from an infinitely reusable blueprint, but getting the Lephantis coordinates with which to build the key becomes a very annoying grind as the only way to acquire them is doing missions which also require expendable keys.  Like all frames, only one part drops per mission completion, and which one drops is entirely up to RNG.  Getting him takes time and can be frustrating for newer players.

Mesa is a Mutalist Alad V drop, and fightnig Mutalist Alad V requires you to have an expendable key to access the mission.  These keys, like the Lephantis keys, can be built from an infinitely reusable blueprint, but getting the Mutalist Alad V coordinates with which to build the key is a slightly less annoying grind, since the keys drop both inside and outside missions that require keys to access, and can also be traded between players (a nifty feature that Destiny sadly lacks).  Like all frames, only one part drops per mission, and RNG is not kind.

So my honest advice would be to do some serious research and get as many frames as you can.  You'll have to play all the frames at some point anyway, so trying them all out and only hanging on to your favorites is a valid method of selecting a frame.  (Personally, I dislike selling frames because it'll be annoying to get them back if I later decide to pick them back up again, and DON'T SELL MIRAGE YOU CAN'T GET HER TWICE, but really it all depends on how much disposable income you have.)

Your inventory can hold as many Warframes and Weapons as you have slots for, and a Warframe slot can be purchased for 20 Platinum.  Weapon slots are 12 Platinum for a pair (they're bought two at a time).

TL;DR

Both Nekros and Mesa are good in endgame if you get good, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.  They're also both on the more annoying side to get, so if you have disposable income it would be better to buy them outright.

Trinity is OP (plugging for my frame as always).

Have fun!

Welcome back to a superior gaming experience.

Joining a clan and enjoying the journey is my suggestion.

A good group of clanmates will help you immensely and give you access to tons of content.

My recommendation is to buy Prime ACCESSORIES for the boosters to help you accelerate up the beginner's curve. It will give you enough plat to buy a plethora of prime frames, weapons, mods etc in trade to get started...if you want to spend on non-plat obtainables.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Welcome to the forums!

This will end up being a textwall, so I'm going to shorten it by use of spoilers.  I apologize in advance for the volume of text, but you've asked for advice, so here it comes.

Choosing your frame

If you've played Destiny then you know by now how you prefer to survive damage and what your style of play is.

My Clan has put together a neat, easy to use system for selecting a Warframe.  Click Here to find a page where you answer two questions with the click of a button to find the frames we think are most suited to your style.

Between Nekros and Mesa, they both have their place:

Nekros is a great CC frame with the ability to make anything you kill drop more loot, but lacks serious "endgame power" do to his general squishiness (that can be fixed by proper modding and getting good, however: my Clan's Nekros is one of our most survivable players).

Mesa is able to kill many things quickly do to her ultimate ability, and her other abilities work extremely well together.  Her endgame power depends entirely on your ability to aim (and due to how her ultimate used to work, my Clan's Mesa didn't take time to get good at that), but by the time you make it to endgame you'll have extremely good aim, especially since you've played Destiny.

Neither Nekros or Mesa are "raid frames" (a term that rose from the Law of Retribution raid), but during The Jordas Verdict raid both become much more valuable.

Getting your frame

As far as getting them is concerned, both Mesa and Nekros are in the category of Special Snowflakes.

Most frames drop from bosses (Zephyr, for example, is obtainable only through Clan Research in your Clan's Dojo).  Getting to a boss fight is simple: once you have access to a planet (which simply requires you to kill the boss on the previous planet), you go to the boss fight mission and kill the boss.  Once you complete the mission you will be rewarded with one of the blueprints required to build the frame.

Nekros is a Lephantis drop, and fighting Lephantis requires you have an expendable key to access the mission.  These keys can be built from an infinitely reusable blueprint, but getting the Lephantis coordinates with which to build the key becomes a very annoying grind as the only way to acquire them is doing missions which also require expendable keys.  Like all frames, only one part drops per mission completion, and which one drops is entirely up to RNG.  Getting him takes time and can be frustrating for newer players.

Mesa is a Mutalist Alad V drop, and fightnig Mutalist Alad V requires you to have an expendable key to access the mission.  These keys, like the Lephantis keys, can be built from an infinitely reusable blueprint, but getting the Mutalist Alad V coordinates with which to build the key is a slightly less annoying grind, since the keys drop both inside and outside missions that require keys to access, and can also be traded between players (a nifty feature that Destiny sadly lacks).  Like all frames, only one part drops per mission, and RNG is not kind.

So my honest advice would be to do some serious research and get as many frames as you can.  You'll have to play all the frames at some point anyway, so trying them all out and only hanging on to your favorites is a valid method of selecting a frame.  (Personally, I dislike selling frames because it'll be annoying to get them back if I later decide to pick them back up again, and DON'T SELL MIRAGE YOU CAN'T GET HER TWICE, but really it all depends on how much disposable income you have.)

Your inventory can hold as many Warframes and Weapons as you have slots for, and a Warframe slot can be purchased for 20 Platinum.  Weapon slots are 12 Platinum for a pair (they're bought two at a time).

TL;DR

Both Nekros and Mesa are good in endgame if you get good, but that shouldn't be a problem for you.  They're also both on the more annoying side to get, so if you have disposable income it would be better to buy them outright.

Trinity is OP (plugging for my frame as always).

Have fun!

^^

There is an answer for you, OP.

As for my opinion, just explore the system.

Recommendations for frames:

Both Mesa and Nekros are squishy and tend to die fast, but as long as you know how to play them, you will be fine. Nekros is supportive while Mesa is offensive, it depends on your playstyle as it been said here before me. I recommend picking Nekros, players like Nekros on their side more because he can get you loot and some health.

If you want frames that players like to have in their squad, here are some other recommendations:

- Trinity. The perfect support. Healling, energy replanishing, easy to farm, nothing else to say.

- Excalibur. People like him mostly for Draco (an endgame mission) because he can blind the enemies, the same gos for Mirage. Excalibur have a good offense and he's easy for new players. Easy to farm.

- Nova. She have the ability to make enemies extremely weak and move slower/faster depends on your build. Poeple use her mostly for defense missions to get things done faster or safer. Guess, easy to farm.

- Frost. Probably the best defensive frame out there. He have the ability to make a globe that protect anything inside it from bullets and projectiles, and make enemies inside it slow as well. Also easy to farm.

- Loki. He is one of the best frames out there for my opinions. He can get invisible and disarm enemies from their weapons which is amazing. He's fregile, but those who play him good can be invinsible. Loki can also get invisible, which makes him onle of the best choises for spy missions. You got it right, easy to farm!

- Vauban. Another defensive frame, but with a tactical approch. Amazing CC (Crowd Control) that can stop enemies in place or gather them all in one small place. Vauban is not very popular these days, but he's still a good choise for raids. His only issue is farming him, his parts drop only from alert missions.

Other recommendations:

- Valkyr. With my profile picture I had to add her here :D. The berserker of the game, just pull out your claws, ignore any damage and knockdawn and shred enemies. Valkyr is only popular because her ultimate ability which, as I said, make her invinsible, which is good to revive people. Simple to use and easy to farm.

- Wukong. Pretty much like Valkyr, but you need to be smarter about it. The only difference between his invinsibility and Valkyr's is that Valkyr don't lose any health while Wukong does but revive himself "infinit" number of times and get less health every time he revive. You will need to recast the ability to get it's full potential. His biggest dawnside is that you you get him from the clan dojo and you need Nitain Extract, a resorce that drop only from alerts, to both craft and research him. The larger the clan, the more Nitain you will need.

- Nezha. Very fast with a potential for great crowd control, he's also tanky and have the ability to heal himself and others which in my opinion makes him the perfect combination of offense, CC, support, speed running and a tiny bit of defense which comes from the CC. He got some issues with the CC because his range is too small and everyone pretty much agree that he need some fixes. But don't get me wrong because Nezha is a beast in the hands of those who can get his best (aren't all the frames?). Nezha's parts drop from the sorties which makes it a pain to get him, but unlike other frames, he is the only none-prime frame which his parts are tradeable.

- Saryn. Another offensive frame but with a little twist: her powers damage enemies more passively, like a virus. The idea is to get a "plague" on going and strick with force when they're weak. DE said they will rework her stats and abilities as some players don't like how they reworked her before, but don't underestemate her. Easy to get her.

- Equinox. Equinox is underated from my perspective because there are "better choises" out there. Equinox is basicly two frames in one (day, which is offense, and night, which is support) and you can switch between them any time in the mission. Equinox's offensive side have good damage and CC and the suppotive side can put enemies to sleep and heal allies. People tend not to pick Equinox because Trinity is better for support and there are many other frames who are better for offense. Equinox's advantage is that you get two frames on one. Equinox's parts drop from Uranus which is easy, but Equinox require 8 parts to craft which is much more expensive and time consuming.

These are my recommendations, but check also the rest of the frames, you may never know what you will find.

Edited by CommanderSpawn

Equinox takes 9 parts to craft, but NO ONE can nuke things like Equinox.  Can you get 3,000,000 damage by pressing a button on any other frame?  I don't think so.

I can get with Excalibur, but I will need the Finishing Blind augment and it works on single enemies. With Equinox it's much more efficient.

Welcome back Tenno! Some great advice already, but just to tack on. I am an avid Nekros player, but that being said, he takes some time and work to get right. If you are looking for a jump into the game and go nuts frame, then he's probably not the best choice. Same with Mesa. Now they both are not the easiest to farm and so definitely two of the frames I'd suggest buying if you don't want to wait for parts to drop. I'd go with the standard frames such as Ember, Rhino, Loki, Excalibur, or Frost to get going (or purchase their Prime variant in trade). Level it to 30 and use it to farm the resources or parts you need/want. The sky really is the limit though and you can do pretty much anything in any order you want. LOL