Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Public Dojo

Mathematicus

I know that there are a few out there that do not want to be in a clan at all. Some would join clans, get the research, and then drop out from the clan.

So a friend and I thought of a public dojo concept. I'm not sure if this was in other games, so correct me and my friend if we took the idea from some other game (whether we knew or not).

So, with the public dojo, anyone can openly go to, regardless if you're in a clan or not. Research for weapons and frames, as well as other stuff, will be present. 

With the research items in question, a large amount of resource and credit contributions will be required. The requirement should, obviously, be substantially more than Moon Clan requirements. Once that research is done, everybody will be able to replicate the blueprints.

Wait, what about leechers? Got that covered. Since research is available to anyone in a clan dojo that is part of the clan, the public dojo will have to be different. Those that wish to replicate a blueprint must contribute an "upkeep" cost in order to keep the blueprints being able to be duplicate for the entire Tennet (my word for the internet of Tenno). Upkeep cost should be a reasonably moderate level adjusted compared to donations between Ghost Clan to Shadow Clan (because the upkeep cost is only for individual replication) and may either be all of the resources of the blueprint in question, a selection of the rarest resources, a combination or middle line of the two, you guys get the idea. Those that contritbuted a sizable portion are able to replicate without upkeep cost, but those that did not contribute enough have to pay upkeep cost. Those that were able to replicate without cost will have to pay upkeep after their first free replication.

So what about the interior? Obviously, it is public. We can't have people coming and going changing the interior design all the time. So DE is going to have to be in charge of that. The Public Dojo may be in a separate node or located in the upper floor of the relays.

Anyone have any thoughts on the idea? Any suggestions to make this idea more better?

Join an existing clan or start your own; it's not that onerous just getting the research rooms and creating your own clan (alone or with friends) can be rewarding. With the research upkeep requirement you want to impose I can't imagine why anyone would choose this option over the existing ones.

Just trying to find a way for people to get the research without joining a clan. It's annoying when people join a clan I allowed them too only to just leave after getting resources. I keep getting in trouble with my clan for it. And the ones I accept were good friends of mine that trolld me.

Just trying to find a way for people to get the research without joining a clan. It's annoying when people join a clan I allowed them too only to just leave after getting resources. I keep getting in trouble with my clan for it. And the ones I accept were good friends of mine that trolld me.

So basically you look at something that is clan-specific and want DE to make it non-clan-specific because your good friends are trolls.

Meh.

Honestly, I see no need for this.

And the ones I accept were good friends of mine that trolld me.

Your idea wouldn't stop those "friends" from joining your clan, poaching the BPs they want and leaving because that's still the path of least resistance. It's pretty short-sighted of these folks though, they're burning their bridges for the next set of new weapons that get added...so I don't understand why they would join a friends clan and leave.

A better idea would be to allow the warlord to impose some sort of restriction on new members and research if they choose (maybe there already is something...I wouldn't know as I'm a clan of 1).

It would defeat the purpose of clans. But... Not to keep kicking you since so many have pointed out the flaw. I sorta wish De would allow single players to create a grand hall right off the bat. Then you could have the four research rooms and the oracle with plenty of room to make a trading post and some decorations with a single generator room at a more reasonable price for a solo player.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey