The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Way To Gain Focus ?

(XBOX)EternalDrk Mako

Question

not much luck on the focus path i had and changed to naramon (I have greater lens equipped) 

not really gathering focus fast, 16000/50000 needed to unlock it ...

dont mind grind , but not much to show for it yet after a few hours on draco and other missions

any suggestions would be great

~thanks tenno 
Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

15 answers to this question

Currently, how the focus system is now, teamplay isn't an option for gaining/grinding out focus (Unless you're a Nova in draco)

The best way to get focus now (For me anyways) is to put a greater lens on a longer range melee weapon, like the Galatine or War (Be sure to have Primed Reach), and do stealth running missions on Ceres exterminates. Seven missions and you're done, if you have a affinity booster that is, it'll be double that if you don't.

But, the devs are going to make changes to focus in time, make it so teamplay is an option I assume, so how focus is received now may or may not be how it is in the future.

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

you start by having a Lens on a Weapon that you want to use, and a Warframe that you want to use. needs to be both.

now go Kill things. lots of things.

make sure you're a slimy Player and you try to Killsteal all of the high XP value Enemies whenever you see them, since that's the only way to get points in Multiplayer currently. (slated to be changed, but... tick tock)

it's tied to Affinity so you could play Stealth Missions alone as well.

but don't expect AFKFarming suggestions from me. this includes what 95% of the Stealth tips Players will be recommending.

Edited by taiiat

Focus is going to get changed anyway, we don't now what's coming.

Shared focus points is more or less confirmed. So all the trins can profit while their husbands (excaliburs) get all the kills....no seriously i don't think nuking will be less effective. But anyway, i just farmed everything stealthily as loki. Got me zenurik overflow and mastery for CDR. Since then i didn't touch anything focus-farming related. The rest of zenurik isn't worth and farming points right now is just boring as hell.

I find stealth-running mid-level Grineer Deception missions on the Grineer Galleon tileset to be better than running Exterminate. Deliver the datamass, then stay on that tile and stealth kill everything you see. With an affinity booster and Greater Lenses on both your Warframe and your weapon, you're looking at around 15 or 20 minutes to max out your daily Focus.

Loki (Prime) and Ivara make good choices for your Warframe. Loki has access to Hushed Invisibility, which makes any weapon silent. Ivara has Sleep Arrow, which allows you to easily prevent enemies from being alerted by dying allies (note that Grineer Seekers have a bug where they can still be alerted while asleep).

you start by having a Lens on a Weapon that you want to use, and a Warframe that you want to use. needs to be both.

now go Kill things. lots of things.

make sure you're a slimy Player and you try to Killsteal all of the high XP value Enemies whenever you see them, since that's the only way to get points in Multiplayer currently. (slated to be changed, but... tick tock)

This.

I threw a greater Lens on my Ivara and Rakta Cernos, then just joined random ODD and T2/T3/T4S games from Recruiting. Ghosted around and hung out on ziplines killing all the glowy stuff, big stuff and big glowy stuff. Didn't actually know about the bug until I read Taiiat's post so now I feel slightly bad... but after the reset tonight I'm going to go do it again anyway because it was fun. XD

Edited by VKhaun

Shared focus points is more or less confirmed. So all the trins can profit while their husbands (excaliburs) get all the kills....no seriously i don't think nuking will be less effective. But anyway, i just farmed everything stealthily as loki. Got me zenurik overflow and mastery for CDR. Since then i didn't touch anything focus-farming related. The rest of zenurik isn't worth and farming points right now is just boring as hell.

I agree, it is pretty boring.

Change is coming, probably tomorrow if not next week.

Until then, I've mostly been using Mag Prime during Corpus sorties. A range/strength build on Shield Polarize pretty much guarantees me getting majority of the kills. 

Of course, it does leave me with the problem of not nearly as much focus gained on Grineer and Infested sorties, but can't always win.

I find stealth-running mid-level Grineer Deception missions on the Grineer Galleon tileset to be better than running Exterminate. Deliver the datamass, then stay on that tile and stealth kill everything you see. With an affinity booster and Greater Lenses on both your Warframe and your weapon, you're looking at around 15 or 20 minutes to max out your daily Focus.

Loki (Prime) and Ivara make good choices for your Warframe. Loki has access to Hushed Invisibility, which makes any weapon silent. Ivara has Sleep Arrow, which allows you to easily prevent enemies from being alerted by dying allies (note that Grineer Seekers have a bug where they can still be alerted while asleep).

Strongly second this.  Ponaturi Sedna in particular.  No booster, G lens on Loki and Orthos, used to take me about 45 minutes, I've got it down to right around 30 now.  Tip: on Loki, don't sprint; you can beat the spawn timer.

Sorry, edit:  Don't forget that melee weapons get double affinity on stealth kills.  This will take a lot longer with a sniper/Lex/bow - and the bows really stink because the enemies get alerted by the arrows.

but don't expect AFKFarming suggestions from me. this includes what 95% of the Stealth tips Players will be recommending.

... This is a thing?  I mean, running circles is kinda mindless, but it's certainly not AFK.  And it's really relaxing - goes great with my Above and Beyond Spotify playlist.  Not asking for an explanation, just, mind kinda blown.

Edited by (PS4)Cwellann

I usually split it into two fifteen minute sessions (morning cup of coffee, and before reset at night), and try to keep the chain going the whole time - zone in to zone out.  Yeah, it's a grind, but it's an easy enough and quick enough one that my annoyance at having to do it is outweighed by my desire to max out Deadly Intent.  Faster and less annoying than exterminates for me.  I'm really looking forward to it becoming more like syndicate rep though.

the two things I am doing well with:

ivara and melee, both greater lens.  Level 30-35 whatever it is sabotage mission.  Don't blow the reactor.  Kill respawns all day.  Walk out with about 1000 focus / few min depending on your skill at keeping the 5x bonus and such.   

mag, high level corpus, any map you like.   Mash 2.  Repeat.  Win.

Ivara is unique: you get stealth bonus, weapon bonus, and frame bonus all at once for prowl sneak attacks.   Its the highest per kill and the safest way to kill higher level stuff (grineer, who cant deprowl you).      

third place goes to mesa defense runs.

Mag, and similar ideas, just kill more stuff faster.

Edited by jonnin