Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Tonkor Affected By Rifle Amp ?

TennoPain

Question

12 answers to this question

From the wiki Here

• As stated on the mod description Rifle Amp increases rifle damage, but it also affects bows, sniper rifles and launchers (OgrisPenta, etc). Shotguns do not benefit from this mod.
  •  

Then why is there a aura mod just for snipers if Rifle Amp already effects them?

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

On 1/12/2016 at 0:42 AM, Fionntan said:

Hidden Content

I take a wild guess since Tonkor already red crits, there isn't a need for 60% dmg increase. 

The red crit chance from my understanding is the amount above 100% crit chance you achieve.

Since Tonkor gets to in the range of 104.6% crit chance with Hammer Shot, Critical Delay and the normal Point Strike - or something like that - I prefer maximum average achievable damage instead of 4.6% red crit chance.

My current build has an avg 10k damage / projectile + 87.5% Crit chance. This gets you an amazing aide for defense mission especially when you couple this build whith a Rifle Amp'd Rhino which gains a lot from this stance you get an amazing dps dealer for nightmareish defense missions :) . With Mirage... I'm not even going to bother going to have to elaborate this:)

Edited by FrameszWar

6 hours ago, FrameszWar said:

The red crit chance from my understanding is the amount above 100% crit chance you achieve.

Since Tonkor gets to in the range of 104.6% crit chance with Hammer Shot, Critical Delay and the normal Point Strike - or something like that - I prefer maximum average achievable damage instead of 4.6% red crit chance.

My current build has an avg 10k damage / projectile + 87.5% Crit chance. This gets you an amazing aide for defense mission especially when you couple this build whith a Rifle Amp'd Rhino which gains a lot from this stance you get an amazing dps dealer for nightmareish defense missions :) . With Mirage... I'm not even going to bother going to have to elaborate this:)

Uhm, thanks for answering 3 month ago doubt ^-^;

Just an update, I realized I had Rifle Amp all along. Although I much prefer CP in most cases in :grineer: & :corpus:  and for infested Energy Siphon atm.

Unless DE out of the wazoo makes Aura Polarity changing at the drop of the hat I'll stick with Utility Auras.

7 hours ago, FrameszWar said:

You can get the red Crit chance a little higher with argon scope (134.75%). You know what is so cool about explosives? They headshot.

I just realized I did a bad calculation above ... Hammershot counts towards damage not the crit chance lol.

Well then 34.75% chance with red crits  vs constant 25% more damage using a 90% damage mod instead of Hammershor or Firestorm for a larger AoE ... don't know what to say :). I'll go AoE or constant anytime.

Edited by FrameszWar