The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova Slow/fast. What Is It?

(XBOX)Mafellir

Question

15 answers to this question

Slow Nova (high Power Strength) is often used in Sorties and other high-level content as a means of crowd control, slowing them down and making them vulnerable (all attacks do twice as much damage to a Primed target).

Speed Nova (Negative Power Strength {meaning less than 100%}) is often used in the Derelict and other Infested missions to speed up Infested so that they are killed faster, and therefore spawn faster, making Defences not last as long.

the more you Know!

Slova - strength 145 or above = maxed slow of 75 percent decrease in speed

Spova - strength 40 = maxed speed of 40 percent increased speed

Nova - strength 100 = neutral or 30 percent decrease in speed

I thought neutral is 70%? Overextended + intensify. At least that's what I use to get neutral, idk about your frame.

I don't see anyone mentioning this but it also affects the firerate of enemies right?

Slow Nova--one with positive power strength that allows your team to shine through exploiting the massive movement and firing rate debuffs.

Speed Nova--one with negative power strength that will get your team killed in record time through massive buffs to enemy movement and firing rates.

Yes, the enemy buffs can be countered with another 'frame to lock down enemies through other CC powers, but running speed Novas is a stunt for dedicated teams. If you don't have such a team, keep it the hell out of PuGs.

Nova has 30% speed debuff on MP. If you add +45% strenght you will cap the slow potential at 75% ( anything higher won´t mkake enemies slower).

If you use the mod overexteded which gives negative power strenght, whenever you go higher than -30% strenght, it will speed enemies. 

If you want a nova just for the 2x damage increase and not slow or speed enemies, use a oevrextended with -30%.

Hope it helps.

When you have to mods named above, it's always great to make 2 builds, both slow and speed. So if you're required either one of them you got them ready.

Meanwhile, this topic would need to be moved to players helping players.

Definitely what I did, I have 2 different loadout slots!

Edited by siralextraffo

I thought neutral is 70%? Overextended + intensify. At least that's what I use to get neutral, idk about your frame.

I don't see anyone mentioning this but it also affects the firerate of enemies right?

I never said anything about neutral.  What I was referring to was nova at her base (100) strength she will still slow the enemies some (30 percent), that's all.

And yes fire rate is affected by the speed and the slow of MoPrime since it affects all aspects of their movement - fire rate, casting abilities, movement, dodging, etc are all affected.